What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Dragons v Titans

jeffdragon

Bench
Yeah, Widdop and Duges missed a couple big ones last week too mate.
Fair enough
The titans will know widdop will to do the kicking in general play
I dont know if Mann has a kicking game
Hopefully we dont give away any 7 tackle sets

Life's Good

Coach
I am not expecting a Moylan to 5/8 team transformation anytime soon with Mann at 7. I am hoping Mary gives him the support for a few rounds to build confidence because I think his running game and footwork at the line will be a welcome change to our attack that will give it a bit more variety. Being closer to the action will also be a chance for him look at second phase play off our forwards which has been lacking the last couple of weeks.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Bit surprised Mary pulled the trigger, maybe all along he was waiting for Aitken to come back? Which sounds odd as he could've played someone else at 3 and Mann at 7. Or maybe Sunday was the straw the broke the camels back.

The good thing with this decision is Mary is willing to (finally) make a change but also it gives us 10 weeks before the finals to see if the Mann+Widdop combinations works or worst case he does have to go back to McCrone, but at least then we will know we tried the Mann+Widdop combination and left nothing to chance

Crush

Coach
I did not see this coming. Great news!
I had given up on McCrone being dropped.
Its up to Mann now, this could be the beginning of our charge to the finals! Or charge to the bottom! I don't really give a f#kc as long as I don't have to scream at my tv anymore McCrone!!!!!!!

watatank

Coach
If the marching orders are let Widdop run the kicking show and Mann keeps it simple, I think this could be a really good chance. Interested in seeing what kind of effort Mann puts in from the halves.

Well widdop could have taken over the kicking all season and hasnt so lets just see what happens. Mccrone is still on the bench as insurance and will be in if theres any injury from 1 to 7 with mann to cover that

Dragsters

First Grade
With Friz a 50/50 chance at this stage, if he doesn't make it, I would imagine Sims goes to starting backrow and I would like to see Lawrie come onto the bench.

Thoughts...

I think Mathews will come in and honestly i see no point.

Why has he been named in the 21 again along with Milne and yet Leilua is over looked Mary still has no clue and is stupid.

Even Head and his selections for Illawarra have me baffled. I thought he would do well with Illawarra be honestly he is shit and is on the nose with people associated with the club.

FlameThrower

Bench
If the marching orders are let Widdop run the kicking show and Mann keeps it simple, I think this could be a really good chance. Interested in seeing what kind of effort Mann puts in from the halves.
Would be the logical plan, and really Widdop has allowed McCrone too much control with kicking ..this should be default mean Widdop takes on the kicking and controls the tempo. Simple change that could pay dividends ...