What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs The Rabbitohs

betcats

Referee
Moylan has been bagged quite a bit on these forums especially earlier in the year, Martie seems to talk a fair bit of shit re Moylan. Anyway it was a f**ked play, no one knows what he saw or what he was thinking, all we know it hurt us on the day.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Me thinks you are prone to exaggerate yes he through intercepts but not every week and he had 2 try assists against the warriors credited to himself also Yeo dropped a few passes that would have created line breaks but he dropped them granted he was also playing obviously injured but hey keep bagging him for all your worth.
The stats are a world apart.

Moylan - 4.5 games at 5/8th
5 tries
4 try assists
5 linebreaks
4 linebreak assists
8 errors (3 of them alone were yesterday)

Cartwright - 3.5 games at 5/8th
0 tries
2 try assists (both in one game, no try assists in his other 2 and a half games)
0 linebreaks
1 linebreak assist (same game as his try assists)
6 errors

So Moylan has 8 errors, but has either scored or created 9 tries and 9 linebreaks.
While Cartwright has 6 errors, but has only been involved in 2 tries and 1 linebreak.

Obviously in an ideal world errors never happen. Every player should be shooting for zero errors. But one player is making things happen at 6, the other wasn't. Ofcourse the player with a higher success rate is going to cop less shit then the guy who has 3 times as many errors as he does try involvements.

But Moylan has rightfully copped shit from everyone for his terrible pass. We just see all the good he has done and know that terrible passes like that are the exception... you watch his final 2 minutes against Raiders and there's not many players who could do what he did. But like his terrible pass, moments like that will also be rare... literally every touch in those couple of minutes was about as good as it could be. Those are both the extreme examples of how good and bad he can be. His average game is still pretty good though.

None of this excuses Moylans pass. It was shit and we all agree that it was. But I am not writing him off for one pass because as the stats show, the good he does far outweighs the bad. He's currently equal second with Daly Cherry Evans with 14 linebreak assists, Luke Keary is first with 15. But Keary has played 2 more games than Moylan, and DCE has played one more. So Moylan has a better strike rate than both.

betcats

Referee
5 tries 4 try assists and 5 line break assists in 4 games, his first 4 games in 6 for us. That's ridiculous, if you can't why he isn't being crucified for that pass then you are probably an idiot.

Port Panther

Juniors
momentum swung against us as we didnt defend well against their kicks as well as they played outta their asses .

Black Magik

Juniors
5 tries 4 try assists and 5 line break assists in 4 games, his first 4 games in 6 for us. That's ridiculous, if you can't why he isn't being crucified for that pass then you are probably an idiot.
5 tries...as many as Johnson scored in one game :confused:

tripster

Juniors
Moylan has been bagged quite a bit on these forums especially earlier in the year, Martie seems to talk a fair bit of shit re Moylan. Anyway it was a f**ked play, no one knows what he saw or what he was thinking, all we know it hurt us on the day.

I thought at the time he was intending to pass to Whare, but hadn't looked to see that with DWZ in the bin that Whare have moved in the wing and we had no one at centre for that play. Why Whare stood on the wing and didn't stay at centre I am not sure. However, if DWZ wasn't in the bin then it would have been a try because we would have had an overlap.

age.s

First Grade
I thought at the time he was intending to pass to Whare, but hadn't looked to see that with DWZ in the bin that Whare have moved in the wing and we had no one at centre for that play. Why Whare stood on the wing and didn't stay at centre I am not sure. However, if DWZ wasn't in the bin then it would have been a try because we would have had an overlap.

Yeah it was a terrible pass in hindsight, but that's exactly what I thought he was going for. I can understand how he made the mistake.

Pomoz

Bench
Not really because Sam Burgess would have been on the field and South's would have had one more player. It has not been raised here, but Sam is their best player and yet when he went off we played worse. Not sure why but we seemed to lose our shape and momentum and the hail Mary Whare on the wing pass, sort of sums up the collective brain fart we had.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
‌A shattered Moylan shouldered the blame in the post-match press conference. His coach Anthony Griffin said it took more than one stray pass to ruin a game.

Moylan went a step further in the sheds after the game, approaching senior players separately to apologise for what he saw as his contribution to the loss.

The mood among the players was still somewhat sombre at a skills clinic for local juniors at the Penrith Academy on Monday, where senior prop James Tamou said the players ought to shoulder the blame equally and insisted Moylan wasn't to blame for the performance.

"[Moylan] came up to a few of the boys and sort of took [responsibility] on his own but it's an 80-minute game and 13 of us on the field," Tamou said.

"He was doing what a captain does (in taking responsibility) and everyone appreciated it but it was not his fault at all.

"He has nothing to apologise for as far as I'm concerned."

Tamou's fellow prop Tim Browne agreed.

"I don't think anyone should be apologising," Browne said.

"It's a team effort. It's not up to an individual if they had an error or two. Everyone's their own harshest critic."
http://m.nrl.com/moylan-didnt-need-to-apologise-tamou/tabid/10874/newsid/109595/default.aspx

I think that's awesome of Moylan. To not only take responsibility for his mistake. But to also apologise to the teammates and honestly feel like he has let the team down. Not to just shrug it off even though in the grand scheme of things it was just one bad pass.

Fangs

Coach

bebo

Juniors
The stats are a world apart.

Moylan - 4.5 games at 5/8th
5 tries
4 try assists
5 linebreaks
4 linebreak assists
8 errors (3 of them alone were yesterday)

Cartwright - 3.5 games at 5/8th
0 tries
2 try assists (both in one game, no try assists in his other 2 and a half games)
0 linebreaks
1 linebreak assist (same game as his try assists)
6 errors

So Moylan has 8 errors, but has either scored or created 9 tries and 9 linebreaks.
While Cartwright has 6 errors, but has only been involved in 2 tries and 1 linebreak.

Obviously in an ideal world errors never happen. Every player should be shooting for zero errors. But one player is making things happen at 6, the other wasn't. Ofcourse the player with a higher success rate is going to cop less shit then the guy who has 3 times as many errors as he does try involvements.

But Moylan has rightfully copped shit from everyone for his terrible pass. We just see all the good he has done and know that terrible passes like that are the exception... you watch his final 2 minutes against Raiders and there's not many players who could do what he did. But like his terrible pass, moments like that will also be rare... literally every touch in those couple of minutes was about as good as it could be. Those are both the extreme examples of how good and bad he can be. His average game is still pretty good though.

None of this excuses Moylans pass. It was shit and we all agree that it was. But I am not writing him off for one pass because as the stats show, the good he does far outweighs the bad. He's currently equal second with Daly Cherry Evans with 14 linebreak assists, Luke Keary is first with 15. But Keary has played 2 more games than Moylan, and DCE has played one more. So Moylan has a better strike rate than both.
So he did have try assists unlike your previous post he also had a like break assist ,if you want to bag a bloke at least give the facts as they are also remember he was clearly injured at the time but continued to go on look at Yeo his form has dropped off over the past 2 games because he is obviously playing with an injury ,you can't bag the players if the coaching staff pick them when they are not 100%