What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ, Saturday 14th July, 3pm

ThingFish

Juniors
I hope so I have been expecting week after week for us to improve on the little things.
Origin is behind us so hopefully the coach can concentrate on our starting side and not having to chop and change and worry about resting players etc.
We just need to sharpen up in a few areas
Agree. Im impressed we sharpened up our D a little this week. They made some easy meters late, but goal line was better. 7 games to keep the sharpening going.:clap::clap::clap::rabbit:

callmack1

Staff member
While it's true we haven't performed all that well against teams at the lower end of the table, I think it's important to look at how disrupted we have been since Round 14. We've had players in and out with Origin as well as other rep games and on top of that, there has been two byes in there in quick succession. This is bound to disrupt any team massively. I actually think we have been one of the teams that has been impacted the most over the last month and a bit but look at where we are, we've come out the otherside without a loss and a top of the table spot. While we can't get ahead of ourselves, that's a pretty good result if you ask me.

From this point on, it will hopefully be a lot more settled as the run home begins and we have less distrations in place. There should be a new focus come over the group and personally, I can't wait to see how we build into September!!

ThingFish

Juniors
While it's true we haven't performed all that well against teams at the lower end of the table, I think it's important to look at how disrupted we have been since Round 14. We've had players in and out with Origin as well as other rep games and on top of that, there has been two byes in there in quick succession. This is bound to disrupt any team massively. I actually think we have been one of the teams that has been impacted the most over the last month and a bit but look at where we are, we've come out the otherside without a loss and a top of the table spot. While we can't get ahead of ourselves, that's a pretty good result if you ask me.

From this point on, it will hopefully be a lot more settled as the run home begins and we have less distrations in place. There should be a new focus come over the group and personally, I can't wait to see how we build into September!!
Plus none of the other top teams have done a 9 win streak on the bottom 8. So we are going better than them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Any word on a 3,2,1 tread? Is DKOR starting them now?
@Different kind of Rabbit can you please make it up mate....

@callmack1 @Itsamansgame @Souths Till I Die

Lads I am feeling ON CLOUD NINE:D

I had a blast at the game!! Boy did we outnumber those Dogs. As I usually say to my mate normally it's like try to avoid them like the plague usually with them taking over Lidcombe Station and ANZ too.......... out of the 14,278 we would've had about 10k there. The whole 10-11 bays on level 4 were all fall with Bunnies. 146/101-105 was all chockers with Bunnies!!!! Everytime their media bloke said Bulldogs members and fans let's hear it for our footy team there were such loud boos around ANZ :joy:

I'm bloody pumped... we need more of our supporters out there than today for Sutto next week so if you read this forum as a visitor get your arses out to ANZ and get behind and celebrate this massive milestone.... first ever Souths player to play 300 first grade games and it's something that may not be matched for many years to come!!! We need to make next week a home game too......

Coookkkkiieeee you legend........ a brilliant piece of defensive brilliance rolling that Dogs player who was over the try line onto his back to keep him held up. Massive play!!!

On another note I'll do an in depth review later, however @southsport Badger was kidding himself.. 7-2 penalties against and they held us down as long as they pleased and were offside all game...... I can accept the couple of late line breaks we gave them because we were so gassed doing the shit work....... the crowd including me were losing their mind at Badger....... oh but just remember Souths get all the calls and all the penalties the jealousy haters say.......

Sammy boi you legend...

Angus was phenomenonal too!!!

AR is back in 2014 form if not better than that.... he's on fire.....

I felt at times today we weren't patient enough but we got it done....

They're very fine players but geez Gagai and Angus have an error in them!!! At the start if Angus looks left after that break guys AR was right there and would not have even been touched. Angus turned a blind eye there and went the riskier pass to AJ....

Gagai I can forgive as he was so gassed but boy he knows how to lose the ball 1-2 times a game and it just puts pressure on us!!! Then he makes a clean break and passes the ball into thin air.......

Geoorrrgggiiiieeee I loved his carries today!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
It wasnt overly pretty, our middle defense was awful in the 2nd half, but our winning ways continue. Great games from Sam, Cook, Reyno, Jennings and (hate to say it) Crighton.
No wonder it was awful mate as we only got 2 penalties all game..... we were gassed......

Rabbits20

Immortal
We’ll need to lift big time for the Storm game. That’s the game I’m really hanging for. I reckon a win there could seal a top 2 spot.
I know it's winter and it's freezing at 8pm and hard for families but I'd hope we can get 20-22k to that one!!!!

Only 2 things I'll say now mate.....

Suuupppppeeerrrrr suuuuppppppeeeeerrrr John suuuppppppeeerrrr suuuuuuuuuupppppppppeeeeeeerrrr John
Suuuppppeeerrrrr Jooohhhhhnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyy Suuuuuuuttttttttttoooonnnnn

Plus Cooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee

Also loved George' return hit ups off kick offs too.......

ThingFish

Juniors
I know it's winter and it's freezing at 8pm and hard for families but I'd hope we can get 20-22k to that one!!!!

Only 2 things I'll say now mate.....

Suuupppppeeerrrrr suuuuppppppeeeeerrrr John suuuppppppeeerrrr suuuuuuuuuupppppppppeeeeeeerrrr John
Suuuppppeeerrrrr Jooohhhhhnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyy Suuuuuuuttttttttttoooonnnnn

Plus Cooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee

Also loved George' return hit ups off kick offs too.......
Can’t wait for next week. Even though we have GA members tickets my bro, a friend and myself have bought upgraded tickets to get a closer look at Souths history in the making. Win, lose, or draw, what Sutts will achieve next weekend is a massive effort. No other player in our 110 year history has done it. Whatever else happens this year, next Saturday night we will be witnessing one of our greats make club history. When the book of Souths is written, Sutts will have his own chapter.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
@Different kind of Rabbit can you please make it up mate....

@callmack1 @Itsamansgame @Souths Till I Die

Lads I am feeling ON CLOUD NINE:D

I had a blast at the game!! Boy did we outnumber those Dogs. As I usually say to my mate normally it's like try to avoid them like the plague usually with them taking over Lidcombe Station and ANZ too.......... out of the 14,278 we would've had about 10k there. The whole 10-11 bays on level 4 were all fall with Bunnies. 146/101-105 was all chockers with Bunnies!!!! Everytime their media bloke said Bulldogs members and fans let's hear it for our footy team there were such loud boos around ANZ :joy:

I'm bloody pumped... we need more of our supporters out there than today for Sutto next week so if you read this forum as a visitor get your arses out to ANZ and get behind and celebrate this massive milestone.... first ever Souths player to play 300 first grade games and it's something that may not be matched for many years to come!!! We need to make next week a home game too......

Coookkkkiieeee you legend........ a brilliant piece of defensive brilliance rolling that Dogs player who was over the try line onto his back to keep him held up. Massive play!!!

On another note I'll do an in depth review later, however @southsport Badger was kidding himself.. 7-2 penalties against and they held us down as long as they pleased and were offside all game...... I can accept the couple of late line breaks we gave them because we were so gassed doing the shit work....... the crowd including me were losing their mind at Badger....... oh but just remember Souths get all the calls and all the penalties the jealousy haters say.......

Sammy boi you legend...

Angus was phenomenonal too!!!

AR is back in 2014 form if not better than that.... he's on fire.....

I felt at times today we weren't patient enough but we got it done....

They're very fine players but geez Gagai and Angus have an error in them!!! At the start if Angus looks left after that break guys AR was right there and would not have even been touched. Angus turned a blind eye there and went the riskier pass to AJ....

Gagai I can forgive as he was so gassed but boy he knows how to lose the ball 1-2 times a game and it just puts pressure on us!!! Then he makes a clean break and passes the ball into thin air.......

Geoorrrgggiiiieeee I loved his carries today!!!
Was a great day at the footy. Sitting in sunshine for part of the game, outnumbering the Bulldogs at their own home game. And even though we had more errors than usual and no penalties going our way, we still found a way to win.
It reminds be a bit like the Sharks in 16 - they only just won by small margins most of their games, but they always found a way to win those close games including the GF.