What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs, Saturday, 21st of July 5:30pm @ ANZ Stadium - John Sutton's 300th

Travitoh

First Grade
Maybe I missed it, but I havent seen anyone say we lost because of the refs. From what I’ve read, people have been very critical of our team and rightfully so. I’ve also read, and have written myself, that the reffing was just as poor in the first 40 minutes. If we were good enough, we would have won regardless, but that doesn’t make Cecchin’s performance any better.

The majority of the discussion since the game is criticism being aimed at Cecchin.
You are right though, if we're good enough we win. We weren't. Finger pointing at the officials only diverts the attention away from the fact that the team was poor.

Curns13

Juniors
The majority of the discussion since the game is criticism being aimed at Cecchin.
You are right though, if we're good enough we win. We weren't. Finger pointing at the officials only diverts the attention away from the fact that the team was poor.
I think that’s probably because a few posters from other teams have tried to say that there wasn’t anything wrong the reffing and many of our posters have disagreed. Most of my discussion since the end of the game has been about the reffing but only when arguing opposite views that the first half reffing wasn’t bad. No excuses here. Our offense was horrid, we spent 80 minutes trying to run around them and you have to be able to do more than that. Our middle defense was also really poor, they made metres at will around the ruck. But Cecchin still sucked.

Rabbits20

Immortal
And on a positive note . . . . fair play to the souths fan that went to the trouble and expense to have a Robbie 250 WT games banner made up. There were a few subtle bunnies thrown in, but the major part of the banner was in Black, White and Orange. Well played mate.
That lady is actually a Rabbitohs life member such is her dedication...

I think every team always feels hard done by when they lose the penalty count. I was actually at the Canberra vs Cowboys game last weekend, because I’m studying down there and I thought the reffing was pretty fair, but there’s always gonna be supporter bias that states the opposite. I definitely think I have supporter bias.

I think we just all hope the refs don’t decide the game and the players actually do. Should be a great match though. I’m keen to see Farah and Cook go head to head more than anything.
I couldn't manage to get it organised mate, so I had to settle for getting out to the Bear's game instead. Maybe we can catch up for the GF.:D:D:D
Last night I was seated in 101 and at the end of the game walked to the front rows and waited for the boys. They came over, looking sore and sorry for themselves, gave the fans a well deserved clap and turned towards the sheds.

Then over came John Sutton. He jumped 2 metal barracades and made his way over to greet fans in 105, he was posing for photos and signing autographs. He slowly started to walk towards us, greeting everyone with a smile and being the ultimate professional. He was called away for his presentation but promised he’d be back for the fans he didnt get to.

He took part in the presentation, gave an interview and started to jog over to the waiting fans, who could not have been happier to see him return. He continued to greet everyone and fulfil any request made of him. I shook his hand, congratulated him on his 300th game and he posed for a photo with me.

This absolutely made my night and the trip from Brissie well worth it. What a man. It was his night. The other 16 were in the sheds, having a laugh and a beer, but he gave his time for the fans that love him. He didnt have to do that. He didnt have to run back long after everyone else had left. He had every right to be in the sheds enjoying a beer with his family, friends and teammates. To me this just shows the character of the man. The heart and soul of Souths: John Sutton.
That is absolutely awesome mate. I'd imagine it could have been a bit of a letdown with the result, but for Sutto to make the time for yourself and other fans would have made it all worthwhile.

Latest posts