What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs, Saturday, 21st of July 5:30pm @ ANZ Stadium - John Sutton's 300th

Vic Mackey

Referee
That’s what was said on NRL360 tonight.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.... I'll take their word!

There is a direct quote from Pascoe saying he is happy for the 300 to be on the field FFS you always believe what you want anyway

“We have no problem with putting 300 on the ground but let’s be respectful to both of them. We just wanted to make sure, given it’s our home game, that we at least have some knowledge of what the NRL is planning.”

Maybe check the facts before shooting your mouth off

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
There is a direct quote from Pascoe saying he is happy for the 300 to be on the field FFS you always believe what you want anyway

“We have no problem with putting 300 on the ground but let’s be respectful to both of them. We just wanted to make sure, given it’s our home game, that we at least have some knowledge of what the NRL is planning.”

Maybe check the facts before shooting your mouth off
Not shooting my mouth off mate. I trust what Thing Fish said he heard....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oi guys go into the Tigers forum if you want a laugh. I've sure had a chuckle.

Apparently our backs 2-5 without GI are ordinary.

Yep our wingers Campbell and Jennings are nothing special.

Apparently all Jennings does is put the ball down. Let's ignore his toughness and pace plus quick play the balls and improvement in all areas of his games:)

Apparently Campbell has lots of errors in him too:)

Bloody hell I am getting a laugh...... it's hilarious over there......

Travitoh

First Grade
IMO, Wests have every right to put all of their focus on Farah's 250th being their home game. Celebrating John Sutton isn't their responsibility.
I don't believe the NRL should be interfering. If they wanted the focus to be on John Sutton then it should've been scheduled as a Souths home game.

Last edited:

Curns13

Juniors
IMO, Wests have every right to put all of their focus on Farah's 250th being their home game. Celebrating John Sutton isn't their responsibility.
I don't believe the NRL should be interfering. If they wanted the focus to be on John Sutton then it should've been scheduled at ANZ.
It is at ANZ.

callmack1

Staff member
Imo, it would be pretty wanky for the Tigers to not at least lt us do something. I'd be pretty disappointed in Souths if we weren't going to let an away club do something for their big milestone player. Especially a player that is the first to do it at their club.

I get that they want the focus to be on Farah but they should at least let us do something.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Apparently our backs 2-5 without GI are ordinary.......

A direct quote from the tigers forum game day thread:

Their backline has been very effective moving the ball out towards Jennings wing. Plenty of points scored there for them. Shut that down and we'll get close.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Take the bloody game to Leichardt I say,
Wobbie can sit on the scoreboard again with a beer having a good cry.
It's a bit difficult to do that at ANZ and after all he'll be having a good cry after Sutto and the lads take this mob to the cleaners.
And to our knowledgeable Tigpies supporters,"jump on the bus,jump on the bus"well your bus is parked 4 points out of the eight and Jennings has nearly scored as many tries as your team has points......so what's new pussycats!

Vic Mackey

Referee

Apparently our backs 2-5 without GI are ordinary.

Yep our wingers Campbell and Jennings are nothing special.

Apparently all Jennings does is put the ball down. Let's ignore his toughness and pace plus quick play the balls and improvement in all areas of his games:)

Apparently Campbell has lots of errors in him too:)

Bloody hell I am getting a laugh...... it's hilarious over there......

you dont seem to be laughing, it seems ive hit a nerve by daring not to go balls deep into every souths player.

i never said Graham wasnt special, i said he has mistakes in him, which most young players have. i think he has a heap of potential and the perfect frame for a winger. if the tigers signed him i would be ecstatic. he is 20cm taller then corey thompson and it wouldnt surprise me if he scores 3 tries against us saturday.

what you say jennings is good at is basically what any first grade winger is expected to do. MWZ reguarly made over 150m a game but he is a complete dud. how many of his tries have been scored from less then 10m out without a hand laid on him? id guess more then half. any semi capable footballer would have scored a stack of tries playing left wing for souths.

i do believe that of the top 8 three quarters souths is the worst, actually id say the top 9. that doesnt mean i dont rate the team. you cleary have the best middle 3 forwards, close to the best spine and extremely effective edge forwards.

in 2005 we won the comp with a 2-5 of:

2. Fitzhenry
3. Elford
4. Whatiura
5. Richards

That is pretty fcking ordinary. Basically if Souths had a gun 2-5 youd be unbeatable.

you dont seem to be laughing, it seems ive hit a nerve by daring not to go balls deep into every souths player.

i never said Graham wasnt special, i said he has mistakes in him, which most young players have. i think he has a heap of potential and the perfect frame for a winger. if the tigers signed him i would be ecstatic. he is 20cm taller then corey thompson and it wouldnt surprise me if he scores 3 tries against us saturday.

what you say jennings is good at is basically what any first grade winger is expected to do. MWZ reguarly made over 150m a game but he is a complete dud. how many of his tries have been scored from less then 10m out without a hand laid on him? id guess more then half. any semi capable footballer would have scored a stack of tries playing left wing for souths.

i do believe that of the top 8 three quarters souths is the worst, actually id say the top 9. that doesnt mean i dont rate the team. you cleary have the best middle 3 forwards, close to the best spine and extremely effective edge forwards.

in 2005 we won the comp with a 2-5 of:

2. Fitzhenry
3. Elford
4. Whatiura
5. Richards

That is pretty fcking ordinary. Basically if Souths had a gun 2-5 youd be unbeatable.

I agree with your assessment.

The key to our 3/4's in attack is the ball movement that goes on before it gets out to them and the threat that is presented by the likes of Reynolds, Walker, Sutton, Johnston and Crichton. Most of the time, the opposition defense is beaten before the ball even gets to the centres or wingers.

ThingFish

Juniors
Out of curiosity, does the 300 include WCC?
It’s a good question. Is the WCC an offical NRL competition game? I’m not sure who runs it or if it’s co-run along with the ESL. Or is it classified like a trial? Very interesting question.

ThingFish

Juniors
I agree with your assessment.

The key to our 3/4's in attack is the ball movement that goes on before it gets out to them and the threat that is presented by the likes of Reynolds, Walker, Sutton, Johnston and Crichton. Most of the time, the opposition defense is beaten before the ball even gets to the centres or wingers.
I think a few times this year,especially during origin, commentators have said Seibs has the edges humming so well it doesn’t matter who plays centres or wing. It’s kinda true, they work better with Gags and GI there but they hum along well enough with the likes of Hunt or Burns in there. Very Melbourne like. They never really spent big on centres or wingers. They’ve had some good finishers but never spent big on them.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Ok fellas lets just send Graham and Jennings to the scrap yard Bears and promote say Gagan and Arthars seeing though it doesn't matter according to you lot who plays on the wings as they have to do nothing because the work is already done for them......FFS,wouldn't want to be celebrating a GF victory with you lot if I was a 3/4!
What would it be,according to you......don't give them a ring they done f**k all to deserve it!!!!!