What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V NZ

Pomoz

Bench
Using short stints from the bench is great way to acclimatise players you are developing like Katoa and Kikau. It doesn't overly physically stress them and gives them an idea of what first grade is all about. That seems to be where he uses the short stints. The proven first graders, Browns and Latu's and the like, are getting 30 minutes plus most games. I can see what he is trying to do, I think, it does make some sense.

My only criticism is that sometimes he waits until we are overrun in the forwards before resting players and that loss of momentum is difficult to turn around.

betcats

Referee
Using short stints from the bench is great way to acclimatise players you are developing like Katoa and Kikau. It doesn't overly physically stress them and gives them an idea of what first grade is all about. That seems to be where he uses the short stints. The proven first graders, Browns and Latu's and the like, are getting 30 minutes plus most games. I can see what he is trying to do, I think, it does make some sense.

My only criticism is that sometimes he waits until we are overrun in the forwards before resting players and that loss of momentum is difficult to turn around.

I can understand limiting the minutes of young guys but one ten to fifteen minute stint isn't much. Leota debuted back in 15 did he not? Its a long time for him to be doing 10 minute stints.

I missed the game so he may of got hurt but Sitaleki played 8 minutes against Manly.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm terrible with numbers but it would be interesting to see someone break down by number of interchanges and minutes our potential rotations could be if done better.

betcats

Referee
I'm terrible with numbers but it would be interesting to see someone break down by number of interchanges and minutes our potential rotations could be if done better.

Haha maaate im not that bored but I think its fair to say that we have a bit of wiggle room in our rotation if we need it. A bit less so now that Merrin is out but I think JFH will prove to be a player who can play big minutes if needed.

With Carty and Whare coming back the bench make up will be interesting in a couple weeks, I'd say that rules out Kikaus chances anyway.

GongPanther

Referee
Well I was off the mark with my prediction this weekend - We got the win, @GongPanther got his Jam, and with the Raiders getting up as well, I got lucky with my green machine supporting missus... All in all, a pretty good f**king weekend to be honest :)

I should have bided my time.It got out as much as $2.75.

mxlegend99

Referee
Politoni had less than 30mins of footy in 4 weeks as Peats plays 80 mins. Broncs have had backs on the bench not get on. Damien Cook got no gametime last week. So it happpens a bit we don't seem to get tired at the end of games which makes it a tough one

I watched NSW Cup on Sunday. They had no interchanges fullstop in the 1st half. So seems we are fit across the board
You don't need to rest players when they are scoring try after try and the only thing half of them are doing is jogging back to receive the kick off. Our Cup team has been on fire their last 2 matches.

We had a run in NSW Cup of scoring 106 consecutive points I think it was before conceding a try. That's just crazy. Obviously our players are well and truly above average in that grade atleast. To think we have done that despite releasing a lot of our depth players.

Meth

Staff member
It is certainly time for him to earn his keep in this side, with Merrin out for a few games. Of course exactly the same could be said of Foran at the Warriors, but being on the way out, he doesn't appear interested.

The same could be said for more than a few Warriors other than Foran, but yeah, Foran has been disappointing. Looked so good when he finally got on the park.

franklin2323

Immortal
You don't need to rest players when they are scoring try after try and the only thing half of them are doing is jogging back to receive the kick off. Our Cup team has been on fire their last 2 matches.

We had a run in NSW Cup of scoring 106 consecutive points I think it was before conceding a try. That's just crazy. Obviously our players are well and truly above average in that grade atleast. To think we have done that despite releasing a lot of our depth players.

The players we let go were never long term FGers. Personally I would rather of kept a few depth wise. It is just giving a few from RM cup that were smashing all opposition a run higher up. Pretty much the 20's from the last few seasons.

This week will be another smashing. Rein/Katoa are too good for this grade. Bryce too even lack of match fitness will carve them up