What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V NZ

Fangs

Coach
Not that bad if Moylan is out.
It will give Cleary a chance to assert himself.
The opposition sides already know that, what little attacking structure we have, comes from Moylan. So with him missing it should leave them guessing.

This is true. Though I have my doubts that Cleary will be able to do that. I haven't seen anything all year which has suggested that Cleary can take the reigns of this side.

Hoping I'm wrong.

Fangs

Coach
Yeah I said we weren't going to play finals over 10 weeks ago. If we miss the 8 then this will be our worst season in my time being a fan. Heads need to roll

All correct...

Except the last sentence. Eyes will roll, heads will stay firmly intact.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I said we weren't going to play finals over 10 weeks ago. If we miss the 8 then this will be our worst season in my time being a fan. Heads need to roll

Gus needs to be one of those heads. Over the course of the season we lost our depth. Are at the cap for a team that is building. Poor Cap management

betcats

Referee
Well if there is a team you want to play in this situation it is the warriors, that being said they have as much to gain as us so I daresay we are in trouble tonight.

franklin2323

Immortal
May is the best out of NYC in 2013 or 15 imo. He is more complete then Bryce. It will be weird Edwards and Katoa didn't play in the spine that year but will today

franklin2323

Immortal
Plus he signed Griffin.

That is true without interviewing others. I can handle a dud coach being signed goes with the territory but without interviewing others is just rubbish.

Hiku on big money makes sense to release him. TMM not without signing another option. MWZ, Oldfield etc were on not much money and should of kept one of them atleast for depth purposes. Peachey could of been an option for 5/8th if we had a backs option

roofromoz

First Grade
That is true without interviewing others. I can handle a dud coach being signed goes with the territory but without interviewing others is just rubbish.

Hiku on big money makes sense to release him. TMM not without signing another option. MWZ, Oldfield etc were on not much money and should of kept one of them atleast for depth purposes. Peachey could of been an option for 5/8th if we had a backs option

It was almost as if Griffin was already Gus' choice before he sacked Cleary. From memory at the press conference in which Griffin was formally announced, he said that he was the only man considered. Pretty poor recruitment strategy.

franklin2323

Immortal
It was almost as if Griffin was already Gus' choice before he sacked Cleary. From memory at the press conference in which Griffin was formally announced, he said that he was the only man considered. Pretty poor recruitment strategy.

It was the 1st cracks in Gus. Now he is leaking like a siv. Should we not make semis I am hoping for carnage in the front office so we don't waste these juniors we have.

Roster wise need a few older experienced guys on lower end deals. Would be good for times like this or if a kid or 2 is struggling we can give them a 2 spell in NSW Cup for a week or 2. Some attacking plays whether it is an assistant or head coach either way need to beat the top teams at some stage

betcats

Referee

This would of been the case 100 percent, I daresay Griffin knew Cleary was getting the boot before Ivan himself did.

Doomednow

Bench
I'm not convinced Gus has made that many mistakes apart from backing Griffin. TMM was let go either for his own sake (too good for reggies), or because he shagged someone's missus. Both good reasons imo.

Latest posts