What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V NZ

betcats

Referee
I'm not convinced Gus has made that many mistakes apart from backing Griffin. TMM was let go either for his own sake (too good for reggies), or because he shagged someone's missus. Both good reasons imo.

Even if so the Griffin mistake is a huge one, we have gone so far backwards this year from our performance to our squad depth, its f**king alarming. Another mistake like that and we are back in 2012.

If you want to publically talk about building us into a powerhouse club that always performs and is always tough to beat like Gus has done many times the last few years you have to deliver, instead we are the same inconsistent we always have been only we have a shiny toy in the academy for Gus to show off. He is a megalomaniac who is clutching at straws this year as evidenced by the fact he was stating we will make the top 4 around week 7 and then by the fan forum it was "we are too young". He is a very smart man but he lead us to this dismal season, everything was his decision and so far he is refusing to even acknowledge that this is a failure.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
He's just kind of hoping that we will magically go on a run and paper over all of the cracks like last year. I mean, it's a strategy, but not a very reliable one.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not convinced Gus has made that many mistakes apart from backing Griffin. TMM was let go either for his own sake (too good for reggies), or because he shagged someone's missus. Both good reasons imo.

Maybe so. Why not bring Daniel Mortimer or someone over here in his place? To be a chance however slight of the finals yet have no back or half in NSW Cup with FG experience is poor roster management. We are a developing team we shouldn't be maxed out like we are

I agree. I was hoping we'd get a few games back to back after the byes with the same team for consistency. Hasn't happened.
Our best chance of winning tonight IMO is Cleary's long range kicking game. I remember one game last year where he just kicked the other team into the corner the whole game. need something similar tonight to be any hope.

mxlegend99

Referee
If its because he is too good for reserves then its a terrible decision. Its stupid to release good depth players and weaken our squad for that reason. We were in with a shot at finals. Half a season to go.

One injury and that player is not playing reserve grade. Now we are relying on May to step up in a team already missing a few experienced guys.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Of course something happened. Why anyone believes everything Gould spouts in the press is beyond me. Can't really come to a conclusion as to whether it was a good idea to move him on unless we know what that thing was.

But Moylan should have been starting at 6 from the start of the season anyway, so TMM probably would have been bucking for a move anyway in that situation.

The ideal scenario would have been to have kept Korosiau instead of ditching him after a year and then ditching Segeyaro anyway (!), put Wallace in reserve grade as super, super emergency backup for the halves or hooker until Egan or May are ready. (Or, once we ditched Segeyaro, buying someone like Peats, or whatever.)

franklin2323

Immortal
Of course something happened. Why anyone believes everything Gould spouts in the press is beyond me. Can't really come to a conclusion as to whether it was a good idea to move him on unless we know what that thing was.

But Moylan should have been starting at 6 from the start of the season anyway, so TMM probably would have been bucking for a move anyway in that situation.

The ideal scenario would have been to have kept Korosiau instead of ditching him after a year and then ditching Segeyaro anyway (!), put Wallace in reserve grade as super, super emergency backup for the halves or hooker until Egan or May are ready. (Or, once we ditched Segeyaro, buying someone like Peats, or whatever.)

Regardless of what happened. Surely we organise a swap deal or something or wait until the off season. Could still re-sign CHN and get it sorted by Nov to be ok with the cap.

We would look far better if we were bringing in MWZ for Whare and a recognised half for Moylan. Atleast Peachey could be tried in either spot