What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V NZ

betcats

Referee
He can't of ruined May in half a training session. This week he should be fine after that back to same old

Unless they have completely changed the structure it will be the same mate, honestly what happened in nyc years ago will have zero bearing on what happens tonight, if we win it will be because we ran hard and the warriors defence was shit.

franklin2323

Immortal
Unless they have completely changed the structure it will be the same mate, honestly what happened in nyc years ago will have zero bearing on what happens tonight, if we win it will be because we ran hard and the warriors defence was shit.

Don't we let the players play it how they see? I thought that was the issue the lack of structure. Warriors are very ordinary in defence so the closest to NYC these guys will see. Combinations will be better too so I think we will score atleast 4 tries. Whether that is enough time will tell

OldPanther

Coach
Regardless of what happened. Surely we organise a swap deal or something or wait until the off season. Could still re-sign CHN and get it sorted by Nov to be ok with the cap.

We would look far better if we were bringing in MWZ for Whare and a recognised half for Moylan. Atleast Peachey could be tried in either spot

Bring in a half to replace Moylan? That's insane.

betcats

Referee
Don't we let the players play it how they see? I thought that was the issue the lack of structure. Warriors are very ordinary in defence so the closest to NYC these guys will see. Combinations will be better too so I think we will score atleast 4 tries. Whether that is enough time will tell

We play a super flat structure mate, our trainers are constantly telling the guys "fast and flat, fast and flat". Its the reason our centres see no ball. Other than that we use no decoys, set plays and barely any kind of deception. Its just stand flat, run hard then get it to the speed men on the edges(which is basically impossible which is why the backrowers get all the attacking ball). Its limited, basic and ineffective.

Edit: All that being said I think we are trying to add something to it because there has been talk recently of our centres getting more early ball etc which just cant happen without changing something, so fingers crossed we see a bit of variation tonight.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
We play a super flat structure mate, our trainers are constantly telling the guys "fast and flat, fast and flat". Its the reason our centres see no ball. Other than that we use no decoys, set plays and barely any kind of deception. Its just stand flat, run hard then get it to the speed men on the edges(which is basically impossible which is why the backrowers get all the attacking ball). Its limited, basic and ineffective.

Edit: All that being said I think we are trying to add something to it because there has been talk recently of our centres getting more early ball etc which just cant happen without changing something, so fingers crossed we see a bit of variation tonight.

I saw that too. Both our tries v Souths scored from early ball to our centres. That I hope is the plan going forward Moylan seemed too scared to go wide last week. So a change may see that still go forward... More hope then anything

chrisD

Coach
We are an option short on the backline plays. First receiver being a forward, running Edwards in the normal Moylan role and Cartwright playing lock and slotting into one of the positions are possible fixes.

mxlegend99

Referee
There was a couple people who argued for keeping Api over Seggy back in 2015, Chris in particular. I argued the opposite at the time but in hindsight I was wrong(obviously).
I wanted to keep Api. But not at the expense of Segeyaro.

I still cant believe we released him early. We get guys on great deals, then release them and destroy our depth. Why bother identifying young guys, signing them up before their value soars and then release them?

franklin2323

Immortal
I wanted to keep Api. But not at the expense of Segeyaro.

I still cant believe we released him early. We get guys on great deals, then release them and destroy our depth. Why bother identifying young guys, signing them up before their value soars and then release them?

Exactly my issue. It shouldn't of been an either situation. Let Api finish his deal and decide when it is due to expire

franklin2323

Immortal
We are an option short on the backline plays. First receiver being a forward, running Edwards in the normal Moylan role and Cartwright playing lock and slotting into one of the positions are possible fixes.

Comes from years of playing at this level. We need someone on the field to set up our plays. Even allowing for Griffin's lack of skills. Brandy has spent a month with the halves sure he has a set move or 2. Comes to gametime and we stand too shallow and doesn't happen

OldPanther

Coach
It's official:

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/07/14/nrl_late_mail_round_.html

Panthers v Warriors
8pm (local), 6pm (AEST) Friday @ Mt Smart Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
19. Tyrone MAY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Mitch REIN
16. Tim BROWNE
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN (c)

10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
14. Sione KATOA
15. Leilani LATU
17. James FISHER-HARRIS

roofromoz

First Grade
Tyrone May is the 8th NRL graduate from the 2015 Holden Cup premiership winning squad - the others being Nathan Cleary, James Fisher-Harris, Corey Harawira-Neara, Dylan Edwards, Sione Katoa, Moses Leota and Robert Jennings.

Latest posts