What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Saturday 17th March @ Panthers Stadium v Penrith

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Fuis lack of pace came from the fact he dislocated his bug left toe in his first carry after coming on!mri scans on monday will determine how bad it is,as he reset it himself,on the field,and had to play the final 30mins.just letting you know,there was a reason for the 1bad read in defence.

Do you think he’ll be ready for the next round? I would have him starting ahead of Crichton if he’s fit.

truthslayer

Juniors
Yes, this was a poor call. Funny though that you didn't mention the play the ball penalty against Kikau just a few minutes later, though. There were a lot of poor calls in this game, and they went both ways. Time to drop this bloke and give Mrs Badger a go.

The Rabbitohs played very well in the first half and remained competitive for much of the second but couldn't match the Panthers as the game entered its latter stages. Maybe this is due to travel, or maybe it is due to the home side being used to the local conditions after training in similar conditions all summer.
I did not mention it as momentum was changed from the kickoff, the Kikau moment may never have happened had we received the line drop out. I agree the ref was poor, it was a good game in a close game refs calls to determine who wins, either way, this is not good enough get the simple stuff right like the kickoff!

truthslayer

Juniors
Fuis lack of pace came from the fact he dislocated his bug left toe in his first carry after coming on!mri scans on monday will determine how bad it is,as he reset it himself,on the field,and had to play the final 30mins.just letting you know,there was a reason for the 1bad read in defence.[
AJ: was solid! Not good defensively though. Doesn't have a passing game!
Kennar: best back we had! Where's Rsag gone??
Gagai: A mixed bag!
GI: I thought he was good until he went off.
Jennings: Good apart from dodgy under the high ball.
Cody: Went missing too much for my liking! He didn't take control of things like he said he would! He must be better! Not good enough!
Doueihi: A mixed bag! Tried very hard. Can't expect much more!
Tom: A mixed bag.
Cook: Was good but not as good in second half. Discipline was an issue.
Sam: Was strong but discipline was an issue!
Crichton: Discipline was an issue and I question whether his heart is there.
Sutton: I thought he was quite strong without doing too much.
Murray: Was immense. Only criticism was that silly pass with 6 minutes to go.

Fuimaono: Got caught out at centre due to some lack of pace! He did try very hard though and make a try saver or 2.
Nicholls: Quiet hit much game time.
Tatola: Did his job.
George: A mixed bag

The lack of fitness is very concerning! I think if AR is there we win!
Discipline is a problem!

It's gonna be a long season!

Maybe we tired as well due to the Perth trip!

Refereeing didn't do is any favors once again..
your post was good until the last part , starting with fitness, a supporter supposedly! ready to give in , "going to be a long season"

souths_reborn

Juniors
What Peter Gentle one of our assistant coaches said on the Souths website was alarming!

He said that the Penrith tries were quite lucky he thought.

I'd say they were skill and us not defending well!

If you tell the boys we were unlucky with those tries it's not drumming into them what they have to do!

My old man has gone for Souths for 46 years @Itsamansgame and he thinks Seibs isn't hard enough on them and that he's taking the do gooder approach! He like DKOR thinks we needed an experienced coach.

He was saying how well the twins played in his PC which means they'll think it's ok to drop the ball and kill all momentum!

I don't see the passion in Seibs either! It all seems flat! He doesn't seem to have the passion for us that Madge did!
Penrith's tries were lucky; they were a product of ad-lib football, which is extremely hard to defend against. I don't know how anyone can possibly say they were a result of skill when you are throwing the football around and hoping.

If Seibold is more lax in his coaching approach, it is the consequence of Madge's disciplinarian approach. I don't want to hear anyone complaining about that after everyone was whinging last year about have Maguire was too hard on the players and that he was wearing out the players and how they hated his brand of football.

The twins did play well. Everyone seems to focus only on the few handling errors they made and ignore the all the good things they did. You have to remember that this game was played in ridiculously hot conditions, meaning that fatigue levels were highers. Its easy for all the arm chair athletes out their to bag players out for their mistakes when in reality they would probably be writhing on the ground from sunstroke, crying out for a beer, after one tackle! Nearly all of Burgess carries were strong and both of the twins seem to have added some mobility into their game.

Finally, coaching is not all about blowing up at the boys as soon as they lose a game. Sometimes it is possible to play well and still lose; that's footy! If you give the team a spray after they played as well as they did, you will kill their confidence.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Early days.
I’m heading more towards @callmack1 ’s outlook now. It’s a work in progress and that progress is improving. The disappointment and anger is still there, but hopefully it has the right perspective to deal with it.
That a very sensible approach to take. I'm not sure if it was their Grand Final year, but a few years ago when the Cowboys lost their first 3-4 games straight and then went on to win like their next 15 games straight? What people need to take into account is that these early season games are the hardest for two main reasons: a) Every team is getting into the swing of things and shaking off that off season rust, adapting to coaching styles etc and b) Every team has something to play for; no team is out of finals contention.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Penrith's tries were lucky; they were a product of ad-lib football, which is extremely hard to defend against. I don't know how anyone can possibly say they were a result of skill when you are throwing the football around and hoping.

If Seibold is more lax in his coaching approach, it is the consequence of Madge's disciplinarian approach. I don't want to hear anyone complaining about that after everyone was whinging last year about have Maguire was too hard on the players and that he was wearing out the players and how they hated his brand of football.

The twins did play well. Everyone seems to focus only on the few handling errors they made and ignore the all the good things they did. You have to remember that this game was played in ridiculously hot conditions, meaning that fatigue levels were highers. Its easy for all the arm chair athletes out their to bag players out for their mistakes when in reality they would probably be writhing on the ground from sunstroke, crying out for a beer, after one tackle! Nearly all of Burgess carries were strong and both of the twins seem to have added some mobility into their game.

Finally, coaching is not all about blowing up at the boys as soon as they lose a game. Sometimes it is possible to play well and still lose; that's footy! If you give the team a spray after they played as well as they did, you will kill their confidence.
Well said

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good morning fellas,have just woken,myself and my clan of male family members decided to stay the night at Panthers to drown our sorrows.
So very f**king sad with the Penrith supporters,parents were encouraging their kids to boo also and of course there was the array of Black C..t comments as well:
But fellas whilst back at the club we spotted a few of the arse holes involved and we politely asked to sit at their table to discuss their problems with GI,they shit themselves and ran off to security.
The only problem was the security were big burly islanders and when we told them they had a problem with GI's skin colour,well we never spotted them again....lol.
GO THE MIGHTY RABBITOHS!!!
Onya Itsa!
Racism is never ok but Inglis is a merkin of a human. His treatment of women is disgusting
What for one stuff up???

Travitoh

First Grade
Tom played well and is looking the goods this season but George was either great or poor in the same game. His first run was beast but 2 errors from 5 runs isn't pretty reading. I saw the matchwinner again and George unnecessarily rushes out of the line to get at Peachey who gets around him with ease and exposes the resulting hole left in defence as a result. Easier said than done as it's a judgement call made when the blood is pumping but composure is required and if George holds his spot in the line, i doubt Peachey gets over.
I'm curious, are English forwards taught growing up to try and simulate an opponent raking at the ball in tackles because it is something that all 3 Burgii are guilty of. They all seem to loosely grip or even drop the ball at times when an opponent has their hand in the mix.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Pretty devastated to lose that game in the dying moments but imo it was purely due to fatigue after backing up from Perth. I thought this week was a massive improvement on the last.

I’m a big fan of this new look Souths side. We have strike power all over the park, but it’s just about putting in the full 80 minute performance.

I don’t know who it was that said Seibold was soft but that’s absolute bullshit. Seibold supposedly trains the players just as hard as Madge did but puts priority on building relationships with the players.

You can’t really point fingers at individual players as well. Even Murray who I thought was superb threw a stupid offload to George. I’d still be keeping the team the same as before. One player that I’d be looking to bring in when they’re fit though is Turner. Crichton’s defence in the second row is just not 80 minute material. Use Crichton like the cowboys use Hess and bring him on just to run the ball.
They asked Benji how the Tigers got better and he said if they didn't improve or win games against one another they were punished!

I don't believe Seibs is a disciplinarian and like DKOR I believe he's soft!

Travitoh

First Grade
But like @souths_reborn has mentioned, this is a game that was played in conditions that would've seen some suburban summer sports called off due to the forecast. The efforts that went into 80 minutes yesterday can not be faulted at all and if anything, I'm encouraged by the game and result.

Rabbits20

Immortal

We need to stop with the excuses or we will stay where we are. It's crunch time next week! Need big improvements!

Travitoh

First Grade
We don't know the details and he's still with Sally today so I'll leave it at that!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/gr...iction-over-assault-charge-20100412-s2lg.html

Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis has escaped a conviction and been ordered to complete a diversion order after this morning accepting responsibility for an open-hand push on on-again, off-again partner Sally Robinson.

He has been ordered to attend a behavioural change program and pay $3,000 to a women's health service.

Inglis had been facing charges of unlawful assault and recklessly causing injury to Ms Robinson after an incident at her home in August last year.

However, the Sunshine Magistrates Court was this morning told the charge of recklessly causing injury had been dropped.

I'm not saying we should hang him from the rafters but it's pretty evident that something happened.

Latest posts