What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Saturday 17th March @ Panthers Stadium v Penrith

Rabbits20

Immortal

Bobby Moses

Juniors
But like @souths_reborn has mentioned, this is a game that was played in conditions that would've seen some suburban summer sports called off due to the forecast. The efforts that went into 80 minutes yesterday can not be faulted at all and if anything, I'm encouraged by the game and result.
Have only seen the extended highlights so far. We looked pretty good. Still think, from what I saw, Dane is a bit of a defensive worry but do need to see the whole game to be sure. Again a refs crap decision that gets it so wrong and has a major impact on the game. Missing out on a line drop out to a penalty on halfway is huge especially in those conditions. Sure that didn't lose us the game but just pisses me off that 4 officials and a bunker,,,,, if they can call on that,,,,,, little confused on what they can call on really,,,,, can get it so wrong. Both peachy and merrin should never have got the ball down. From the bit I saw we were a bit unlucky but didn't really help ourselves either with penalties and handling.

souths_reborn

Juniors
We need to stop with the excuses or we will stay where we are. It's crunch time next week! Need big improvements!
These aren't 'excuses'. These are realistic factors that need to be taken into account. You have to remember too that we are a team that hasn't made the 8 in two years and were never really as good as our premiership winning form suggested. If the players weren't putting in effort or were lacking in their approach I'd be the first to critique them. However, given the circumstances and what we were up against, I don't think there would be too many people out there who would condemn the side for what happened.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Have only seen the extended highlights so far. We looked pretty good. Still think, from what I saw, Dane is a bit of a defensive worry but do need to see the whole game to be sure. Again a refs crap decision that gets it so wrong and has a major impact on the game. Missing out on a line drop out to a penalty on halfway is huge especially in those conditions. Sure that didn't lose us the game but just pisses me off that 4 officials and a bunker,,,,, if they can call on that,,,,,, little confused on what they can call on really,,,,, can get it so wrong. Both peachy and merrin should never have got the ball down. From the bit I saw we were a bit unlucky but didn't really help ourselves either with penalties and handling.
I know where you are coming from but this is one of those debates that is always going to piss someone off. A few years ago the video referee had the power to overturn calls like this but everyone had a whinge that it was ruining the spectacle and slowing the game down. Hence, the attitude was the everyone has to accept human error and get on with the job. I don't want to open up a can of worms but what has made these refereeing errors more prominent is television. Those who were around in the 80s and 90s would probably remember at least half a dozen errors like that per game. However, what I find amazing is that players back then were much better mentality equipped to deal with those sorts of blunders. For those who want a better idea of what I'm talking about youtube an 80s or 90s game and see how the players react - they just get on with the job.

callmack1

Staff member
Gee Souths Reborn is speaking some truth today! Great points you make mate and I totally agree.

On another note, one thing I don't like that we are doing this year is off a tap from a kick for touch, we'll try and spread it straight away. The defence is set and covers it easily. I'd prefer to see us get it to the middle, take a couple of hit ups there and get some momentum, then spread it wide.

You have to earn the right to throw it around and on that play, we don't do that imo.

callmack1

Staff member

TheFrog

Coach
Penrith's tries were lucky; they were a product of ad-lib football,
I think they were the result of sustained pressure, all of them, and all of them were players beating the defence on the line. You do tend to throw it about a bit when playing catch-ups but this side plays catch-ups better than anyone.

That racial abuse stuff is disgusting, Penrtih fans should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm not convinced there was anything racial about it, unless you saw or heard something I didn't (and it would be all over the media were that the case), but it wasn't a good look nevertheless. I'm not ashamed of myself at all because I wasn't even at the game.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I'm not convinced there was anything racial about it, unless you saw or heard something I didn't (and it would be all over the media were that the case), but it wasn't a good look nevertheless. I'm not ashamed of myself at all because I wasn't even at the game.[/QUOTE]
Mate can't you read or did you just pop in here to be a total flop.
Read back to my comments before it was even made public by the press.
I do not post bullshit!!!!

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
His treatment of women goes well beyond just her.
Mate u are 1 sick puppy please BUGGER off and leave us and GI alone he made a mistake he has paid for 10years ago and u have the audacity to open your craw? Well your a pest and we are not interested...and what irks me is that u think it gives you the right to swear and boo him and teach your children unsportsmanlike attitudes congrats on that...it just proves that what we think is true you are all ferals

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Wouldn’t say the ref decided the game. The only game that was decided by the red that I’ve seen was that Broncos game last year. I was surprised there wasn’t an investigation into that game. This time around though there were shocking calls on both ends.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
There are very few NRL players that are saints tbh. They’re humans and all have their demons. I have a theory that they’ve got a lot of pent up anger from not being able to hit eachother on the field.

Pomoz

Bench

It was really poor from Panthers members!
They were booing the fact that the trainer didn't walk off the field but walked slowly across the field holding up the game. Penrith had made a break and this allowed the defence to get set and Souths to have a breather. The ref should have made them go off on the near side and got on with the game.

handyman2190

Bench
Our major problem is our line speed in defence check out the tigers defence we let players run along our line creating gaps but if we moved up faster into their faces we could have stopped this.
Our other problem is penaltys we have carried on giving away endless amounts this shows a lack of dicipline and needs to stop.
They had 70% of the ball in the second half our kicks on the 5th were bad etc you cant win without the ball simple

ThingFish

Juniors

Itsamansgame

Juniors
They were booing the fact that the trainer didn't walk off the field but walked slowly across the field holding up the game. Penrith had made a break and this allowed the defence to get set and Souths to have a breather. The ref should have made them go off on the near side and got on with the game.
Yeah right mate,so the trainer is a black c..t as well!
Don't worry but fellas the Maroubra boys feel like hitting the waves!

Pomoz

Bench
Yeah right mate,so the trainer is a black c..t as well!
Don't worry but fellas the Maroubra boys feel like hitting the waves!
I read your post earlier and I'm glad you dealt with the idiots who were spouting such filth. But, just because you heard a few racist's abusing GI doesn't mean the whole crowd was booing him. For a start, it doesn't make any sense for the crowd to boo GI for being aboriginal. The Panther's team is full of islanders and aboriginals. Racist's are scum and should be banned, but don't conflate being booed for your gamesmanship with Panther's fans are booing GI because he is black.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
Good morning fellas,have just woken,myself and my clan of male family members decided to stay the night at Panthers to drown our sorrows.
So very f**king sad with the Penrith supporters,parents were encouraging their kids to boo also and of course there was the array of Black C..t comments as well:
But fellas whilst back at the club we spotted a few of the arse holes involved and we politely asked to sit at their table to discuss their problems with GI,they shit themselves and ran off to security.
The only problem was the security were big burly islanders and when we told them they had a problem with GI's skin colour,well we never spotted them again....lol.
GO THE MIGHTY RABBITOHS!!!
Would be interesting if those bouncers took their membership numbers. Looks like a full blown investigation is about to start by the NRL, and Penrith have promised to ban members and/or supporters found guilty. They have to be on camera somewhere in the club:smiley:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Good morning fellas,have just woken,myself and my clan of male family members decided to stay the night at Panthers to drown our sorrows.
So very f**king sad with the Penrith supporters,parents were encouraging their kids to boo also and of course there was the array of Black C..t comments as well:
But fellas whilst back at the club we spotted a few of the arse holes involved and we politely asked to sit at their table to discuss their problems with GI,they shit themselves and ran off to security.
The only problem was the security were big burly islanders and when we told them they had a problem with GI's skin colour,well we never spotted them again....lol.
GO THE MIGHTY RABBITOHS!!!

That’s a real shame and quite regressive but I think you’ll find shit merkins in every group of supporters. Sometimes in the heat of the moment these things can just come out of people. I think you’ll find a lot of the stuff people say here on the Internet they would never say to someone in person. Much like when you’re in a crowd it’s almost a safety net to say whatever you want because it’s hard to single people out.

Good on you for the confrontation though itsa. Hopefully they change.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I read your post earlier and I'm glad you dealt with the idiots who were spotting such filth. But, just because you heard a few racist's abusing GI doesn't mean the whole crowd was booing him. For a start, it doesn't make any sense for the crowd to boo GI for being aboriginal. The Panther's team is full of islanders and aboriginals. Racist's are scum and should be banned, but don't conflate being booed for your gamesmanship with Panther's fans are booing GI because he is black.
Mate I have a lot of good solid mates who are Mountain Men who I was drinking with last night and Panthers is a great club,very friendly and warm towards us rowdy rabbits.
Would never be judgemental on your supporters being associated with that group of sub human garbage!

callmack1

Staff member
I think they were the result of sustained pressure, all of them, and all of them were players beating the defence on the line. You do tend to throw it about a bit when playing catch-ups but this side plays catch-ups better than anyone.

I'm not convinced there was anything racial about it, unless you saw or heard something I didn't (and it would be all over the media were that the case), but it wasn't a good look nevertheless. I'm not ashamed of myself at all because I wasn't even at the game.
Sorry if you took that the wrong way mate, I didn't mean all Penrith fans, just the ones that commited the abuse.