What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 team

eagles4eva

First Grade
Sea Eagles
1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Brayden Wiliame
6 Dylan Walker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Apisai Koroisau
10 Nate Myles
11 Lewis Brown
12 Martin Taupau
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange
14 Matt Parcell
15 Nathan Green
16 Brenton Lawrence
17 Siosaia Vave

Coach: Trent Barrett
http://www.nrl.com/round-2-nrl-team-lists/tabid/10874/newsid/93561/default.aspx

I'm having a whinge, How did Williame keep his position, here's hoping Snake gets over his injury.

What I am missing Brown/Green???? how R they there???? Mateo/Lussick..

parra pete

Referee
Sea Eagles
1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Brayden Wiliame
6 Dylan Walker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Apisai Koroisau
10 Nate Myles
11 Lewis Brown
12 Martin Taupau
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange
14 Matt Parcell
15 Nathan Green
16 Brenton Lawrence
17 Siosaia Vave

Coach: Trent Barrett
http://www.nrl.com/round-2-nrl-team-lists/tabid/10874/newsid/93561/default.aspx

I'm having a whinge, How did Williame keep his position, here's hoping Snake gets over his injury.

What I am missing Brown/Green???? how R they there???? Mateo/Lussick..

Good team actually....

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Its not there quite yet (in my opinion) but its definitely a better balanced pack and bench than game 1.

Leary should be there over Green for sure. The only thing I can think of is he is good cover in the backs if something goes wrong.

Really like Jake to lock and Taupau more on the fringe than up the middle.

Parcell had better get more game time too.

Really expecting Walker and DCE to combine better on the back of a much stronger forwards effort.

Go Manly!!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I don't like this team much. My main issue is the starting props. Happy to see Lawrence in the side. Not a fan of Lussick, but he was OK last week. Leary is super unlucky to lose his spot. Leary, Mateo, Symonds, Lussick all in NSW Cup. We have plenty of forwards doing an average job so far, we have a complete lack of depth on our backs. The same backs that missed large chunks of last season. I'm not optimistic about this season.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't get all the negativity to be honest.

I know I underestimated the time it may take to gel, but this is a bloody good team and will make its mark on the competition.

Happy to set a table for one and eat humble pie if I'm wrong, but I don't think I will.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Green has to be hanging on by a thread, not so much because of his own play, but the experience and upside of the guys behind him.

He was handpicked by Barrett as his back-to-backrower conversion project, which gets him his leeway I think, but he should be doing his development back in NSW Cup. I would prefer Symonds or Leary over him in a heartbeat, Mateo, Knight and Lussick all have very strong cases too.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I don't think you deserve humble pie from R1 if you are wrong. The side will no doubt change and grow. I just see us making a slow start. I don't think we have the draw that can afford it.

The inevitable injury or suspension to either of centres or wing position leaves us empty.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Koroisau and Green need to go, 2 weeks is enough, they don't get 4 weeks to prove themselves when you've got proven 1st graders down in NSW Cup . Parcell can play 80, bring in any 2 of Symonds, Knight, Mateo, Lussick, Leary, Buhrer (when fit).

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Yeah. Koroisau looked way off the beat. Things turned quickly with Parcell on. Green was not as bad as Brown. Both need to push back.

Leary was great in r1. How he was dropped beats me. DCE's best mate Myles needs to go for a spell.

Lyon and Matai look slow in D. There is no concept of line or counting numbers. The D lacks the basics, let alone being able to cope with big runners or fast outside backs creating overlaps. I seriously think Walker needs to be at centre and Lyon to 5/8... It would take some balls to do it, but it needs to be done. I don't think Walker will transition to be a great 5/8. It is going to be a long season....

Tom is getting better. Jake and Taupau were in beast mode. Not many positives out there.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Things looked a lot better last week with Snake back. Tom has a bit to learn at FB yet, but was sensational outside Lyon. Walker improved. DCE is still not in great form. Parcell was the key imho.

Lawrence and Taupau will be missed this week. Super lucky we are playing the Roosters. Until last week, they were the only team I can confidently say were in worse form and more injuries than we had.

DCE needs to fix his game. His kicking has been disgraceful. 2 kicks not finding the line, and rarely finding open field. Stop playing for the big 40/20 play. Go for position first.

Latest posts