Round 2 vs Sharks

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Mar 12, 2018.

1. getsmarty

getsmarty Coach

[​IMG]

TEAM LISTS

ISP team: Round 2 v Newtown Jets
    Author
    Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
    Timestamp
    Tue 13 Mar 2018, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra Intrust Super Premiership coach Mat Head has named his Round 2 team to play against the Newtown Jets at Southern Cross Group Stadium on Thursday, March 15.

The game will commence at 5:35pm, just prior to their first grade counterparts huge local derby clash against the Sharks at 8:05pm.

ISP team for Round 2 v Newtown Jets:

1. Jai Field
    2. John Tohi
    3. Patrick Herbert
    4. Matheson Johns
    5. Reuben Garrick
    6. Adam Clune
    7. Darren Nicholls
    8. Mitchell Allgood
    9. Reece Robson
    10. Josh Kerr
    11. James Hasson
    12. Jackson Ford
    13. Blake Lawrie

Interchange:
    14. Jack Payne
    15. Damian Sironen
    16. Ashley Nisbet
    19. Stuart Mason
    20. TJ Uele

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/03/13/isp-team-round-2-v-newtown-jets/

2. getsmarty

getsmarty Coach

Jersey Flegg team: Round 2 v Sharks
    Author
    Timestamp
    Tue 13 Mar 2018, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra Jersey Flegg coach Wayne Collins has named his team to play against Sharks at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Saturday, March 17.

The game will kick-off at 1:30pm and will be the main event of a huge day of junior representative football in Kogarah.

The St George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers junior representative sides will clash throughout Saturday as well.

A first time ever game between St George and Illawarra’s Tarsha Gale Cup Under-18s women sides at 9am promises to be another important chapter in the Dragons’ long history with the female game.

The Harold Matthews (10:30am) and SG Ball (12pm) games between St George and the Steelers will follow the girls with the day's play culminating with the Jersey Flegg.

Entry at Jubilee Oval is just $5 in what promises to be an exciting day of rugby league.

Jersey Flegg team for Round 2 v Sharks:

1. Dylan Morris
    2. Sam McCann
    3. Steve Marsters
    4. Shaun Sauni-Esau
    5. Jason Gillard
    6. Tristan Sailor
    7. Jackson Willis
    8. Josh Dowel
    9. Joe Lovodua
    10. Juvilee Samiu
    11. Trent Peoples
    12. Jayden Morgan
    13. Hayden Lomax

Interchange:
    14. Luke Gale
    15. Bailey Dickinson
    16. Tom Angel
    17. Matthew Delbanco
    18. Tyler Moon
    20. Tyran Wishart
    21. Jack Cross
    22. Dante Lusio

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/03/13/jersey-flegg-team-round-2-v-sharks/

Drag Queen likes this.
  3. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

Matherson Johns has been elevated to the ISP centres. I take that as a sign that he is playing well. I have only seen a little bit of him and liked what I saw. Maybe he could push for a wing or centre spot in first grade this year?

4. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

Should be under the bus..................

5. mobels

mobels Juniors

Not even signed to a developmental contract, doubt he'll be seeing first grade for another couple years.

He'll drop back to Jersey Flegg for Lomax this week.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  6. watatank

watatank Coach

It's possible but fair few players ahead of him.

7. Miller was a legend

Miller was a legend Coach

8. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

Many thanks, Get Smarty................. I've included the coach and his sponsor.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

TEAM LISTS

NRL team: Round 2 v Sharks
    Author
    Timestamp
    Tue 13 Mar 2018, 03:59 PM

St George Illawarra Dragons coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad to face the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks this Thursday, March 15 at Southern Cross Group Stadium.

The Dragons will kick-off at 8:05pm with the Monty Porter Cup once again on the line, with their Intrust Super Premiership counterparts to kick-off prior at 5:35pm against the Newtown Jets.

Jeremy Latimore and Hame Sele look destined to fight for that final interchange spot for the foreseeable future, with the latter named in the No. 17 jumper.

Zac Lomax and Reece Robson's berths in the reserves list could lead to potential NRL debuts for the junior New South Wales representative duo.

NRL squad for Round 2 v Sharks:

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
    2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
    3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
    4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by McCrone Love Child Services
    5. Jason Nightingale – sponsored by SMAI
    6. Gareth Widdop (c) – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
    7. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
    8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
    9. Cameron McInnes – sponsored by Floormania
    10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
    11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Val Morgan
    12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Destination Wollongong
    13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
    14. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
    15. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
    16. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by Westfund
    17. Hame Sele – sponsored by Domus Lighting
    18. Jeremy Latimore
    19. Zac Lomax
    20. Reece Robson
    21. Blake Lawrie

Coach - Paul 'Mary' McGregor - sponsored by upload_2018-3-13_16-41-48.jpeg
    Coaches' Sleeve sponsor - [​IMG]

Coffs dragon and ALSGI like this.
  9. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

I was there a while ago and Harry was knocking bats in himself and working on the floor in the shop so maybe times are tough and Lafai is all he could afford?
    The other thing is we did finish 16th in respect of TPA's so I don't think Harry would have parted with too much cash.

10. ALSGI

ALSGI Juniors

Round 2 at the swamp, same team more or less for us and Scumulla.

Lot’s of pressure on Holmes after his disastrous round 1 game against the Cows but they’ve named him at FB again. Lots of talk about Duges getting more involved and after the contract war he had with our great club and then Mary’s comments on 360 - he’ll be pumped to give it to us big time. There’s no team bus this week for him to miss unfortunately.

I watched them play Round 1 and I reckon they handled the very big mobile Cows pack well so I don’t think they’ll have much problems against our pack.

Lot’s of high balls to Holmes, McInnes darting away with Hunt, Widdop following him through and a bit of niggle from JG directed at Fafita should be the recipe. JDB will also be looking to impress (smash) against Wade Graham I’d say.

I’m not as confident about this one but very much looking forward to it.

Bring it on, Dragons by 10.

11. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Not in the 30 squad. Good to see him elevated but he’d be well down the list.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  12. Eatons Hill Dragon

Eatons Hill Dragon Juniors

This match v Sharks should be interesting.
    I'm keen to see how we approach the game attitude and execution wise.
    This is a mirror to last year, start off with a big Round 1 win (panthers last year, donkeys this year) and all the hype and excitement starts.
    Last year we didn't turn up against the Eels in Round 2 and from memory, Packer knocked on in the first tackle of the match. Eels rolled us easy.
    Great opportunity to go two from two this Thursday with a great attitude we have the team to beat them and win well.
    Jack The Slasher for MOTM and Dufty a double.

13. getsmarty

getsmarty Coach

Josh Dugan will be nervous ahead of Cronulla Sharks derby with St George Illawarra: Jason Nightingale
    • Dragon's Den
      [​IMG]
      Nerves: Jason Nightingale believes his former Dragons teammate Josh Dugan will be nervous ahead of their derby clash on Thursday night. Picture: John Veage
      Jason Nightingale believes former Dragon Josh Dugan will be nervous when St George Illawarra arrive in the shire for their derby clash with Cronulla on Thursday night.

Dugan left the Dragons for their fierce local rivals at the end of last season after the Sharks announced in May they had signed the 27-year-old on a four-year deal worth a reported $3 million.

The Australian Test centre and veteran of 12 State of Origin appearances for NSW has slotted in at centre for the 2016 premiers to replace Brisbane-bound Jack Bird.

Fairfax Media reported in April that the Dragons’ hierarchy had told Dugan’s management they saw him as a long-term centre. Dragons coach Paul McGregor indicated he would continue to play Dugan at fullback, with Sharks coach Shane Flanagan making the most of the uncertainty to sign Dugan from under St George Illawarra’s nose.

Nightingale was a teammate of Dugan for five seasons in the red v after Dugan had arrived from Canberra. Nightingale said Dugan would be feeling the pressure ahead of his first derby wearing the black, white and blue.

“He’ll be nervous but I think excited to get out there and show us what he’s done in the off-season,” Nightingale said.

“I only watched a little bit of their game but wherever he plays you know he’s going to give his all back against his old club. I remember when we played Canberra a couple of times he always turned up and got very excited about those games.

“I’m sure we’ll focus a little bit more [on him]. Not so much myself because he’ll be on the opposite edge. Obviously he’s a great player and looking forward to going up against him again. I’m sure there’ll be a bit of banter later in the week.”

Thursday night’s clash will be somewhat of a home game for Nightingale, a resident of the shire. He will know as well as anyone how much Cronulla will want to bounce back from their round one defeat to North Queensland on Friday night.

St George Illawarra will take plenty of confidence into the clash given their explosive start to the campaign, blowing away a brittle Brisbane at Kogarah to start life with new star No.7 Ben Hunt at the helm.

“I can’t wait. It’ll be great. I’ll have to stay inside for a couple of days leading up to it,” Nightingale said.

“I can pretty much walk to the game. [But] I won’t be doing that because there’ll be too much heckling. But it’s great to play local derbies and especially for the 10 or 11 of us that live up close to Shark Park. It sort of feels like another home game with people wearing different jerseys.

“It’s certainly easy to get positive energy after a win. I suppose the challenge when you don’t have a win is to turn up feeling good. So it is easier on these sort of days to turn up on the back of a good win.

“As for the game, you saw every other game this week everyone started a bit slowly and found a bit more rhythm. It was always going to take us 10 or 15 minutes but in saying that we were happy with how we started. So pretty happy with the start and to be expected a bit of rust round one.”

• http://www.theleader.com.au/story/5277950/dugan-will-be-nervous-nightingale/?cs=3833

14. Drag Queen

Drag Queen Juniors

Hmm

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  15. Drag Queen

Drag Queen Juniors

If the Sharks are bright enough they'll swap Duges for Holmes as FB.

SEAT 1A likes this.
  16. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

We will need to play like we did in the last 50 min of the game last week for the whole game.
    We have to come out hard and stop there go forward.
    We need to control the ruck.
    If we do that for 80 min we will win.
    It will be tough the sharks will not give up.
    So fire up dragons.

17. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

At one stage the Dragons were lucky to score 2 tries per game however I am
    confident that the team can score at least 3 tries per game. So winning games will largely depend on the defence holding up for the whole game. The Host situation is interesting
    and he still seems to be injured.

18. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

Jason does a lot of talking.
    He should remember how gracious Wendell was in giving up his wing spot for him

19. New Dragon

New Dragon Juniors

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. New Dragon

New Dragon Juniors

Interestingly Steve Marsters is signed to a development contract as a centre and he's playing JF. This kid hasn't had one session with the top squad and he still plays good enough footy to get a run. good effort in my books.