What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Sharks

BennyV

Referee
The Sharkies would be crazy not put one of the leagues best wingers, Holmes, back in his rightful place for this game. Our edges are our weakness, especially our left.
Should be brutal up front, a great match up these two packs. I think our halves can get us home ( I can't remember the last time I said that with any real belief or confidence - feels good ! ).

Saints by 8
Holmes is a natural winger IMO. Like Morris was. There's absolutely no shame in that and he can bring extreme value to the team from that position (as we all saw with Morris).

There seems to be an obsession with moving top class wingers to fullback but wing is a very, very valuable position if you can fit someone like Holmes or Morris there. Valentine is a super impressive player but has a fair way to go before he is considered a top fullback and considering that Sharks have both Dugan and Moylan on their books, Holmes should be on the wing.

Coffs dragon

Bench
How ironic that poor Kurt Mann is sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics. Save the money & I can diagnose that he suffers from Benchtitis. A condition when the useless coach sits him on a bench all game bar 10 minutes!
Get him on the field Mary and replace those sick plodders before their condition spreads.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Holmes is a natural winger IMO. Like Morris was. There's absolutely no shame in that and he can bring extreme value to the team from that position (as we all saw with Morris).

There seems to be an obsession with moving top class wingers to fullback but wing is a very, very valuable position if you can fit someone like Holmes or Morris there. Valentine is a super impressive player but has a fair way to go before he is considered a top fullback and considering that Sharks have both Dugan and Moylan on their books, Holmes should be on the wing.
It's strange that Flanagan persists with Holmes at 1 when he has Dugan and moylan at his disposal. The attributes that made him a a great winger (speed, athleticism, finishing) haven't translated to fullback, where he seems to lack some other fundamentals (reading the game, positioning, creativity).

I'll admit that I thought he would make the transition and be successful, so I'm not critical of Flanagan for moving him there, but I think he may be flogging a dead horse at this stage. How long he persists will be interesting.

Dragsters

First Grade
The Sharkies would be crazy not put one of the leagues best wingers, Holmes, back in his rightful place for this game. Our edges are our weakness, especially our left.
Should be brutal up front, a great match up these two packs. I think our halves can get us home ( I can't remember the last time I said that with any real belief or confidence - feels good ! ).

Saints by 8

Massive test for Nene.

He really does need to wake up and show some intensity tonight, both defensively and with his positional awareness and running game with the ball.

Not much greater scrutiny for players of either team than a local derby.

I just hope this relative newcomer gets it.

Time to man up Nene or else it could be time to Mann up...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The other round 2 vs sharks thread not good enough for you?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If you don't like a thread don't say anything.
But that's right your a funny man.
Why don't you try to contribute something about football funny man.
Thats right you now f**k all about it.

*you're

*know

But otherwise 7/10 for passion..

SEAT 1A

Bench
I actively avoid reading anything that McGregor has said when I see his name in an article..

What did he say?

Talked about no love lost regarding Dugan's departure, players leave. Dragons offered three years, Sharks four, he will be up for it and didn't have a dig.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Źźzzzzz
wake me up when you contribute something about football.
Instead of being a smart a.
Great I sould be able to get a good sleep.

Datramp

Juniors
Seems the Sharks will likely do what a number of us were suggesting last year with either Mann or fifty

Dugan FB for defence and Holmes FB for atrack

BigBoss

Juniors
Sucks we don't have Duges anymore, shame his ego had to get in the way. We would of had a great side assuming we could still have afforded Hunt and Graham.

Your only as good as your last game, I just want the effort to be on par or better than last week. Preferably the latter.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We will know the final 17 for 1st grade by 4.30-5.00 when the ISP team is announced.
If Sele roles out against Newtown we know Latimore will play.
The mystery is Lomax, if he doesn't play ISP will he get a spot on the bench and replace who, Mann? Or do we have a injury concern amongst our backs that hasn't been revealed. Last thing isvto have him as 18th man, unless he is destined to play JF on Saturday.