What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Vs Tigers

mxlegend99

Referee
You can have Hiku
Can have Hiku and Whare.

Whare is still good. But I think we can more than cope without him. Especially once DWZ is back.

1. Moylan
2. Edwards
3. Peachey
4. Blake
5. DWZ

That goes alright until Mansour returns. All locked up too. Or will be soon.

Pomoz

Bench
Moylan works at 1. I don't see why anyone thinks we should change. Didn't have Mansour and DWZ to kick return for him either.
Well, it is as simple as knowing that Wallace has at best two years left and as of yet, there is no stand out hooker coming through. Smith has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that a hooker can be as important as a half. TMM to 9 is likely to strengthen every position and allow us to keep Edwards and TMM. A better 5/8th. A better fullback, a better hooker. A few "ifs" because Edwards needs to prove himself and TMM could be a dismal hooker and Moylan a lousy 5/8th, but Moylan is virtually a 5/8th the way he plays anyway so that is a low risk.

I can't see Edwards waiting around until Moylan retires. He will need to be a fullback or we lose him and he could be a better fullback than Moylan (not a better player. Moylan is all class). Time will tell of course but he has a much more dynamic running game already. Just that extra bit of zip that makes all the difference.

Pomoz

Bench
Whare was much better yesterday, wasn't he? Still short of a gallop but an improvement on St George. That said, I worry about him against the Roosters. SKD and Fergo will be smacking their lips. Throw in Tupou and Mitchell and that is a seriously big and powerful backline. Is this a good game to get DWZ back from injury? Short of a gallop against such a strong backline may not be a good idea, but Edwards is a rookie and a small one at that. big ticker though.

Whare was much better yesterday, wasn't he? Still short of a gallop but an improvement on St George. That said, I worry about him against the Roosters. SKD and Fergo will be smacking their lips. Throw in Tupou and Mitchell and that is a seriously big and powerful backline. Is this a good game to get DWZ back from injury? Short of a gallop against such a strong backline may not be a good idea, but Edwards is a rookie and a small one at that. big ticker though.

Luckily for us Fergo is in doubt with Copley covering him, he always has good games against us.

Its great we have two halves that run the ball. Though I think Cleary really overdid it today. Still, I shouldn't complain. We could still have Luke 'I never challenge the line' Walsh in the 7. The right side with Martin and Moylan running the show was a threat all afternoon!

Who the hell is Luke Walsh?!? :joy:

franklin2323

Immortal
Well, it is as simple as knowing that Wallace has at best two years left and as of yet, there is no stand out hooker coming through. Smith has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that a hooker can be as important as a half. TMM to 9 is likely to strengthen every position and allow us to keep Edwards and TMM. A better 5/8th. A better fullback, a better hooker. A few "ifs" because Edwards needs to prove himself and TMM could be a dismal hooker and Moylan a lousy 5/8th, but Moylan is virtually a 5/8th the way he plays anyway so that is a low risk.

I think people over estimate Moylan's defence. He isn't up to making the 600 odd tackles a 5/8th needs to make. He works at FB so I don't see why they would change it. Edwards was a half in juniors maybe he can be trained up as a bench hooker?

We had Soni Luke and ZDC in St Marys on the weekend. Katoa and May carving up in NSW Cup. Rein has had plenty of FG so we have many options when Wallace is gone

franklin2323

Immortal
When Suli centre kicked there was a line of Tigers ready to score and Moylan nowhere to be seen. Great effort from Edwards. But squeezing into this backline isn't easy. Blake's undeservedly finding that out too.

Moylan came across and stopped the inside pass. He isn't as bad as people make him out to be

chrisD

Coach
Better to miss 6 tackles a game in the defensive line than being a fullback unable to bring players down. See Milford.

franklin2323

Immortal
Better to miss 6 tackles a game in the defensive line than being a fullback unable to bring players down. See Milford.

If we want a half that can't tackle just leave Bryce there. Though on that do you think Milford would be better at attack if he only had to make 5 tackles a game instead of 25?

franklin2323

Immortal
Don't get me wrong if Cleary doesn't play this week Moylan should play in the halves. I just think over the course of a year he would lose effect in attack and would miss crucial tackles that would lead to tries. Which negates the move imo

Copperhead

Juniors
I did. Langi played Lock. Katoa/ZDC were the hookers. He was pretty good though if you win by such a score you don't have a bad player

Useless team sheets. Oh well, he's still another option at hooker. Plenty of options.

21. Christian CRICHTON
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Jed CARTWRIGHT
4. Lachlan STEIN
5. Ratu TUISESE
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Darren NICHOLLS
19. Moses LEOTA
14. Samisoni LANGI
16. Paea PUA
8. Kaide ELLIS
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
13. Sione KATOA (c)

11. Corey WADDELL
17. Jack HETHERINGTON
18. Liam COLEMAN
24. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY

franklin2323

Immortal
Useless team sheets. Oh well, he's still another option at hooker. Plenty of options.

21. Christian CRICHTON
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Jed CARTWRIGHT
4. Lachlan STEIN
5. Ratu TUISESE
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Darren NICHOLLS
19. Moses LEOTA
14. Samisoni LANGI
16. Paea PUA
8. Kaide ELLIS
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
13. Sione KATOA (c)

11. Corey WADDELL
17. Jack HETHERINGTON
18. Liam COLEMAN
24. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY

Crichton was on the wing too. I guess they just slotted them in but yeah he can play hooker as can Coleman from that list too

Latest posts