What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Titans @ Pepper Stadium

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
What a dumb football team

I honestly don't think they are being coached anything useful.... They need someone to tell them what to do in certain situations, to teach them to build pressure and trust themselves. To teach them set ups in attack that take advantage of their natural ability... We have the raw talent, but it IS raw. It needs someone with the ability to shape it and give it the direction and application that all champion sides need.

I certainly do not think we should change Moylan and Cleary in the halves but it is certainly interesting how Cleary immediately steps up and forces drop out after drop out after Moylan goes off. Probably just needs the confidence to take more control and overrule Moylan. Cleary close second best today behind RCG.

I certainly do not think we should change Moylan and Cleary in the halves but it is certainly interesting how Cleary immediately steps up and forces drop out after drop out after Moylan goes off. Probably just needs the confidence to take more control and overrule Moylan. Cleary close second best today behind RCG.
Coaching and experience. This combo will be our best ever.

Moylan playing with a f**ked hammy was great. People who question his heart have no idea

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It's simple: play Cleary and Moylan together in a way that harnesses their strengths. Most clubs want two strong halves - only Penrith could possibly be scared of this and even think about having one strong half, one faux half who doesn't do anything much, and shift the other half to fullback.

age.s

First Grade
Much better second half as usual.

Cleary looks like an elite halfback at the moment. Agree that we shouldn't even be thinking about not having Moylan in the halves. Get Cleary to play like that with Moylan at 6.

RCG, Yeo, Edwards were fantastic but there were next to no bad performers. Probably the best game we've seen from Latu this year. Very good to see the team hitting its straps.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan and Cleary as halves or fullback doesnt change anything... Moylan was always our primary playmaker.

Theres no doubt this is our best 1/6/7. Hooker is debateable. But Edwards at fullback can do things Moylan never could. While still having soft enough hands to get his blokes outside hin involved.

No position has weakened with this 1/6/7. Moylan has played injured... possibly a stupid decision but he did get an important trye aswell.

RCG pff the bench has been a beast. But hes replacing by far the worst front rower in the competition... it doesnt take much to bed an upgrade from Browne.

OldPanther

Coach
Happy to get the win. Cleary is coming along fantastically. Also on Moylan coming off.

Matt Moylan: The hammy is alright. It's a bit tight. The coaching staff said it would be a good idea to come off. #pantherpride :feet:

soc123_au

Staff member
3 Blake
2 Cleary
1 Edwards

Not perfect but a very good performance against a team who came to play.
Pretty much this. Blake was excellent all game. Latu actually resembled the 2016 version which was nice. Hopefully he builds from here. RCG on the bench seems to be working well too, he has been outstanding the past few weeks.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Cleary when Moylan is off is clearly a massive difference.

You would expect that a 19 year old may shy away from calling ALL the shots when he is on, given he is the captain, he is Matt Moylan, and Nath is 19 and hasnt even played a full season of NRL..

As soon as he has the confidence to say, 'This is my team' he will do what he did in the last 20 today and last week, day in day out. Massive future for this club, and Nathan when that day comes....

Great to get the win boys

GongPanther

Referee
Gees I like the look of Lachlan Stein, seen him a couple of times this year. Can see him being a first grader in the next couple of years. Where's he come from?
Jr club is Thirroul in the Wollongong district.Went from there to St George,Sharks then here.A good defensive centre/wing.

lsta5838

Juniors
Great win in the end.

With RCG, JFH and Latu coming on, we changed.

Wonder if Tamou has a niggling injury, the slackness getting square at marker and jogging/walking was a worry.

I am not sure what turned us to be patient. I think Wal put one in goal for a repeat set, so this could have helped steady us, or it could have been Moylan going off. It is great that Matt backs himself, but also the points will come (as proven), with building the pressure and getting the repeat sets.

More to build off, but would love for Cleary to keep running the show and for Matt to pop in as needed with individual brilliance.

Latest posts