What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Titans @ Pepper Stadium

OldPanther

Coach
MOST METRES

Waqa Blake: 199 metres (15 runs)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 181 metres (17 runs)
Dylan Edwards: 168 metres (16 runs)
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak: 133 metres (15 runs)

MOST TACKLES

Peter Wallace: 36 tackles
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 28 tackles
James Tamou: 26 tackles
Isaah Yeo: 24 tackles (0 missed tackles)

TACKLE BREAKS

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak: 5
Corey Harawira-Naera: 5
Dylan Edwards: 4
Josh Mansour: 4
Waqa Blake: 4

LINE BREAKS

Waqa Blake: 1
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak: 1
Dylan Edwards: 1

OFFLOADS

James Tamou: 1
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 1
Nathan Cleary: 1

POSSESSION: Panthers 53% | Titans 47%
ALL RUN METRES: Panthers 1729 | Titans: 1337
TACKLES: Panthers: 275 | Titans: 335
GOAL LINE DROPOUTS: Panthers: 0 | Titans: 4

TheFrog

Coach
Bulldogs will be fired up on Thursday night coming off a huge loss to the Broncos, and they did beat the Saints a few weeks ago.
Every time they've been hammered this year, the Dogs have come back to win the next game, and against decent to good sides too. They are as dangerous as they come to us on Thursday night.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We score 3 tries or more and we beat the Bulldogs. Their forwards may look more imposing than ours on paper, but their spine is far worse. We lose on Thursday and we don't deserve to make the 8, because we have more difficult games coming up after that.

betcats

Referee
I think some people put too much emphasis on the stats. Like someone else said we leaked 6 points (when someone not covering the inside) when Tamou + Browne were on the field & this was when the Titans were at their most dangerous.

I didn't know know the run metres but I did notice Tamou making a few good runs up the middle & getting quick play the balls away, as well as being solid in defence. That's what I based my opinion on.

Yeah I thought Tamou was solid defensively, I just wish he'd run the ball with some venom, he's being paid as a marquee forward he should be offering more than he does.

Browne tries hard buts he isn't a starting prop, neither is sitaleki. Would be great if Mckendry had of been fit, he is solid enough to start and allow RCG to come off the bench which is working really well.

betcats

Referee
We strung together about 50 minutes of good play, which obviously was enough.
I loved the try Edwards layed off to waqa. It looked a lot like Moylans pet play from last year, it needs to happen more.
Great games from RCG and latu they really helped steady the ship when they came on.

Yeah was great just to see some depth we have definitely changed it up a bit, we haven't been attacking the line like that all year.

Moylan needs to learn to be patient and build pressure, he pushes the play to often, he did it as a FB also but playing in the halves it's a bigger issue, he will learn though. Hopefully Cleary will continue to play a bigger role, he is going to be amazing I can't believe he is 19.

betcats

Referee
It's simple: play Cleary and Moylan together in a way that harnesses their strengths. Most clubs want two strong halves - only Penrith could possibly be scared of this and even think about having one strong half, one faux half who doesn't do anything much, and shift the other half to fullback.

Exactly. Cleary is 19 and Moylan is new to the halves and they have played a handful of games together as a halves pairing, they just need time to work it out.

Moylan isn't a selfish player, his greatest talent is setting other players up, he's probably been told all year he needs to step up and run the side and take pressure off Cleary, they just need to adjust their thinking a bit. It will happen naturally as Cleary develops anyway, he is already on the ball all the time soon he will have the confidence to direct things more while playing with Moylan, this might(hopefully) even be the key to getting the best out of Moylan.

OldPanther

Coach
Exactly. Cleary is 19 and Moylan is new to the halves and they have played a handful of games together as a halves pairing, they just need time to work it out.

Moylan isn't a selfish player, his greatest talent is setting other players up, he's probably been told all year he needs to step up and run the side and take pressure off Cleary, they just need to adjust their thinking a bit. It will happen naturally as Cleary develops anyway, he is already on the ball all the time soon he will have the confidence to direct things more while playing with Moylan, this might(hopefully) even be the key to getting the best out of Moylan.

To emphasise this point we've had 4 halves combinations and 5 changes since Cleary debuted. Cleary/Soward, Cleary/Cartwright, Cleary/TMM, Cleary/Cartwright, Cleary/Moylan (changed half way through this season) they need some time and consistency.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
It was a joke.

But there's no doubting Manly were absolutely awful by their standards today.It's just funny considering how salty they were after the Penrith game.

martielang

Bench
Would of been a good surprise if the Tigers got up today. I really don't think the Eels are that crash hot.

Dragons, Eels and Manly all within 2 wins of us.

Latest posts