What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Bulldogs @ Pepper Stadium

Very surprised you have this opinion Umina.

Not sure i agree TBH. I think Moylan fits us better at the moment but TMM still has a lot of upside in his game.
Moylan is clutch and thats something that can't be learned over time. 1 of only 2 players (Cam Smith) in professional rugby league who don't shit themselves when its time to kick a fieldgoal. He's even a shit goalkicker but from the sideline to win a game yep nails it. The Canberra game also showed it. He and Cleary will be our best ever halves combo.

Yes I'm a Moylan fanboi but ill be proven right

franklin2323

Immortal
Moylan is clutch and thats something that can't be learned over time. 1 of only 2 players (Cam Smith) in professional rugby league who don't shit themselves when its time to kick a fieldgoal. He's even a shit goalkicker but from the sideline to win a game yep nails it. The Canberra game also showed it. He and Cleary will be our best ever halves combo.

Yes I'm a Moylan fanboi but ill be proven right

Will be is the key word. Moylan isn't a half yet the off season will do him wonders

Mulgoa Joe

Juniors
I agreed with Sterlo at the time but after having it explained in thi thread I think sterol was wrong. Apparently after Dallin knocked on the ball rolled through the in goal and went dead, so its twenty tap and 7 tackle set.
I'm still convinced it was the right call and have my doubts that the "greatest advantage" rule is applied consistently.
For example I doubt when the a decision goes to the bunker and a player knocks on before the line but the ball travels dead that they call a 20m restart.
If the greatest advantage is meant to be used that way then f##k me it's a stupid rule and will only lead to more conservative footy.

franklin2323

Immortal
Very surprised you have this opinion Umina.

Not sure i agree TBH. I think Moylan fits us better at the moment but TMM still has a lot of upside in his game.

It is too soon to judge Moylan as a half yet. He started well but has been quiet his last few games. Not sure if he has been carrying the hammy for a few weeks or just like any experienced halves can't put 80 mins together yet

betcats

Referee
I'm still convinced it was the right call and have my doubts that the "greatest advantage" rule is applied consistently.
For example I doubt when the a decision goes to the bunker and a player knocks on before the line but the ball travels dead that they call a 20m restart.
If the greatest advantage is meant to be used that way then f##k me it's a stupid rule and will only lead to more conservative footy.

I think It would be extremely rare that a player will kock on in the field of play and the ball will be allowed to roll dead, usually someone will play at it.

Its not maximum advantage, its the only advantage there was to give, we knocked the ball dead(again it does not matter that it went forward) therefore its a twenty tap. If we knock on and the opposition picks up the ball and we then head high tackle them do we go back to the knock on or play the penalty? Penalty of course.

roofromoz

First Grade
A bit of a plodfest, but a win is a win is 2 points.

Edwards is a gun... maybe a dark horse for Dally M rookie of the year?

franklin2323

Immortal
I think so. Carty should increase his minutes next week or so. He could share the lock time with Peach and Fish. Fish could also shift the middle to be part of the front row rotation. Griffin usually likes 2 props off the bench. I think Fish could handle a 25 - 30 minute stint. He would offer more than Leota's 20 minutes.

Fish will play prop now you would think

betcats

Referee
Shits me people saying the Wallace try was lucky. There were 4 or 5 Panthers in the ingoal ready to make there own "luck".

Wallace is always the lucky guy when it comes to those scrappy tries. It's all effort. 52 tackles including some real belters and zero missed, he just has to keep it simple out of dummy half, run, pass or kick nothing in between.

OldPanther

Coach
Wallace is always the lucky guy when it comes to those scrappy tries. It's all effort. 52 tackles including some real belters and zero missed, he just has to keep it simple out of dummy half, run, pass or kick nothing in between.

I was so happy to see him kick out of dummy half last night. The Dogs must have been so confused after hours of watching tape on Cleary being our only kicker.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
As someone else said, Bulldogs played just as well as they did when they beat Brisbane and Dragons.The fact we still beat them despite the conditions and speed of the game vastly favouring them, is impressive considering how we're viewed to play the complete opposite playstyle.

We received 0 penalties for almost the last hour of the game.So despite how slow and ill disciplined they played, we literally had to drag ourselves over the finishing line, as that scumbag Ben Cummins was keeping Canterbury in it for as long as possible.

The touchie was a joke and let so many Mbye forward passes go that it was hilarious.

Also, Tamou starting and RCG coming on later is working a treat.You cop a lot of shit Hook but you can only be praised for that.

mxlegend99

Referee
Refs were fine... aside from a few soft penalties both ways and letting a bunch of forward passes go they were decent enough. Didnt really favor either team.

Certainly did their job better than most of the players.

Refs were fine... aside from a few soft penalties both ways and letting a bunch of forward passes go they were decent enough. Didnt really favor either team.

Certainly did their job better than most of the players.
Apart from a few highshots on Edwards they were equally bad both ways

chrisD

Coach
We are late in the season and we need to find more. A lot more. The Tigers game is the time to roll the dice trying to find it.

One out ball isn't going to get the job done, we need to start playing some football, and not just for less than half the game. The Broncos Eels game shows it clear, playing football nets you ground, gives you field position. 70m instead of struggling for forty.

Start Cartwright. Start Fish. Browne has something to offer off the bench but nothing starting. He's like RCG. And bring Kikau in for Latu, he's got the most potential of the candidates and so is our best chance.

But most of all we need to start chancing our arm.

martielang

Bench
Moylan is a much better player than TMM I mean how is that even an argument lol.

TMM is 21, isn't he? A good 5 years younger then Moylan. He's a lot more dominant then Moylan was at that age.

As I said, at the moment Moylan suits us better but it's pretty naive to think TMM won't be just as good if not better.