What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 Vs Raiders Sunday 5th August 4:10pm Panthers Stadium

betcats

Referee
It was good to see Maloney come up with some big plays at the end because he was once again getting carved up defensively. The first or second set out of half time and they would’ve scored through him if not for a forward pass.

Abacus

Juniors
If we are going to talk about the refs then someone has to mention the forward pass on our second last try, it was a metre and a half forward. Also kiks definitely tried to offload when Rapana ran 90, take penrith glasses off, the refs weren’t that bad for us.
Also the hint of an obstruction on our last try.

We definitely got some calls our way in the last 10 or so.

Abacus

Juniors
On a side note, does anyone else get a perverse sense of enjoyment from watching the team being seemingly out of the game and coming back to snatch a win? Particularly the last 2 weeks with Manly & Sticky?

Its nice to know we're never out of a game with the talent that is out there.

snickers007

Juniors
It doesn't even matter if it is accidental or intentional. It only has to be 'unnecessary'. See paragraph 5.

There is a 'Note' that applies to all Misconduct laws, which says something along the lines of: "The referee has discretion to warn, penalise or send off a player guilty of misconduct.

In other words, not all misconduct penalties are the same. IMO, a penalty against Rapana was justified for the careless contact, definitely not worthy of a send off.

franklin2323

Immortal
On a side note, does anyone else get a perverse sense of enjoyment from watching the team being seemingly out of the game and coming back to snatch a win? Particularly the last 2 weeks with Manly & Sticky?

Its nice to know we're never out of a game with the talent that is out there.

It is good to see us throw the ball around and score some good tries. The other team scoring less tries would be preferrable but 2 points is 2 points

TheFrog

Coach
That was a great heads up play by May in that passage. Saw Rapana had made the tackle on Peachy and although had Maloney and Cleary outside him chose to go blind draw and get Mansour away.
If Mansour had passed instead of the kick,had Blake,May or Peachy in for a try.
There was a six again call in that passage as well, according to the Fox call, but clearly Sauce wasn't aware of it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Probably the two most naturally gifted footy sides, as well as the two naturally dumbest sides. It's a perfect mix. Great to watch.

It is strange Canberra are coming have the best attack in the comp. Have a better F/A than 2 teams in the 8. Yet are running 10th..

TheFrog

Coach
If we are going to talk about the refs then someone has to mention the forward pass on our second last try, it was a metre and a half forward. Also kiks definitely tried to offload when Rapana ran 90, take penrith glasses off, the refs weren’t that bad for us.
The Rapana try was OK, but fortuitous and completely against the run of play. They did get a 50/50 their way on Peachey's non-chase. The Sauce try came from a clear forward pass, but it looks like Whare was denied a fair try under the posts in the first half which would have taken us to 18-8 in front. It was only a six minute period in the first half when the Raiders got away, and it was 28-5 in the second half. They knew they were in trouble when they took a field goal in such a high scoring game with 15 to go.

They got the calls in the first half and we got them in the second. Possession was 60-40 in the first half and 50-50 overall. I've no idea why it is considered necessary to manage games this way.

betcats

Referee
The Rapana try was OK, but fortuitous and completely against the run of play. The Sauce try came from a clear forward pass, but it looks like Whare was denied a fair try under the posts in the first half which would have taken us to 18-8 in front. It was only a six minute period in the first half when the Raiders got away, and it was 28-5 in the second half. They knew they were in trouble when they took a field goal in such a high scoring game with 15 to go.

They got the calls in the first half and we got them in the second. Possession was 60-40 in the first half and 50-50 overall. I've no idea why it is considered necessary to manage games this way.

The refs entire philosophy about how to ref and manage a game makes no sense to me tbh.

TheFrog

Coach
Dj1RX6RU8AELuyq.jpg

Nasty gash. Very lucky not to lose his eye. Rapana didn't miss.

mxlegend99

Referee
The general opinion among people is refs won it for us. Not that we overcame them.

Looking at facebook and such. Personally think the calls would be close to even between the halves. But a try to hit the lead off a blatant forward pass stands out. If it were one of the earlier tries it wouldn't have stood out so much.

age.s

First Grade
It is strange Canberra are coming have the best attack in the comp. Have a better F/A than 2 teams in the 8. Yet are running 10th..

They're really really good at losing. They manage it from the most unlikely of positions. Great team with absolutely zero composure across the park.

We have our grievances with this team but I don't think I could watch footy if I was a Raiders fan.

TheFrog

Coach
The general opinion among people is refs won it for us. Not that we overcame them.
What needs to be realised is that supporters of every other side in the 8 would have wanted us to lose. Facebook is a bit of a cesspit. It's full of cretins who ignore the Raiders having all the fun in the first half. This site is civilised by comparison.

We have our grievances with this team but I don't think I could watch footy if I was a Raiders fan.

It is so simple for the Raiders. I'm surprised Sticky hasn't worked it out. They aren't fit enough. The best thing they could do is get Hook down there. We've run them down the last 4 times, and would have the time before that as well in the final but Cummins saved them with his whistle.

betcats

Referee
They're really really good at losing. They manage it from the most unlikely of positions. Great team with absolutely zero composure across the park.

Agree, they must be the most frustrating bunch of muppets to ever play in the nrl.

mxlegend99

Referee
What needs to be realised is that supporters of every other side in the 8 would have wanted us to lose. Facebook is a bit of a cesspit. It's full of cretins who ignore the Raiders having all the fun in the first half. This site is civilised by comparison.

It is so simple for the Raiders. I'm surprised Sticky hasn't worked it out. They aren't fit enough. The best thing they could do is get Hook down there. We've run them down the last 4 times, and would have the time before that as well in the final but Cummins saved them with his whistle.
As opposed to our unbiased opinions?

I also yhink for Broncos and Warriors yhdy would prefer we won to give them ond less team to worry about. The teams sbove us might want us losing. Those below us should be more concerned about the teams behind them.

Not impossible for Tigers and Raiders (before yesterday especially) to scrape in.