What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Bulldogs: Game Day Thread

T.S Quint

Coach
So as soon at the fulltime siren sound on this game, Channel 9 switch straight to the dickheads on The Footy Show. No point hanging around for an analysis on the game there then.
Ok, I'll switch over to Fox to see what they say. But, nope they've just gone straight to Matty f**king Johns and the nitwit brigade.

Thursday Night Footy sucks.

Eelpout

Juniors
Brad Arthur just hit 50% wins in his 98th game coaching in the NRL.

And a betting man would presume that it will be above 50% no matter how deep into the finals we go. Nice stat. I'm not sure what would drive you to look something like that up. I'd hate to see the rest of your browsing history.

eel01s

Bench
Excellent game control last night. Sure we could have scored more tries, but the low error rate and top line kicking game strangled the dogs out of it.

I know it was only the dogs, but we looked composed, confident and well prepared.

Dibs

Bench
In 05 (think it was )when they won the spoon , at least their defence isn't too bad.

But their attack has reached steady Eddie levels of derpness.
Yeah my memory is pretty f*cked these days but I was vaguely remembering them being pretty shit at the end of Folk's tenure

forward pass

Coach
I still can't believe Moses Mbye role in Alvaros try. Watch it again.

Alvaro is pushing and pumping towards the line, Mbye seems to realise it a lost cause, let's go, and then turns and gets ready for the next play. Unbelievable. He could clearly see Alvaro was going to score. Rather bizzarre actually.

Chipmunk

Coach
Excellent game control last night. Sure we could have scored more tries, but the low error rate and top line kicking game strangled the dogs out of it.

I know it was only the dogs, but we looked composed, confident and well prepared.

The performance over the Broncos appears to have given this team an enormous amount of confidence.

ash411

Bench
I'm not sure if it was talked about earlier in the thread, and I'm not wading through 20 pages of posts to try and find what might not be there, so here goes...

Did anyone else at the game notice when the Bulldogs member brought the game ball out (good idea btw, I thought that was a nice idea for the members. possibly something we should consider) and he placed the game ball, the official game ball on the kick off spot, then the dogs who were still warming up PICK UP THE GAME BALL and kick it downfield!

Korny and I were watching fascinated, I was tracking the balls movements to see if it would be lost or if they'd twig to what they'd done and get the ball back to it's spot.

In the end they realised what happened and got the ball back, although it was pretty close, at one point a trainer that was packing up the balls had one of their balls and the game ball in his hands at the same time to put them in the carry bag thing they put the balls in.

I can't say for sure that those two balls didn't get mixed up, but I'm assuming that the Dogs mark their practice balls in some way so they know, right?

Anyhoo, funny observation from game day at good ol' ANZ...

IFR33K

Coach
I still can't believe Moses Mbye role in Alvaros try. Watch it again.

Alvaro is pushing and pumping towards the line, Mbye seems to realise it a lost cause, let's go, and then turns and gets ready for the next play. Unbelievable. He could clearly see Alvaro was going to score. Rather bizzarre actually.

He mustn't of realised that that was the tryline. Lmao

It was the kind of performance you want to see from a team with top four aspirations against and also ran.

Just refused to give the Bulldogs a sniff at all.

Mitch Moses is shaping as the signing of the year.

Latest posts