What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Bulldogs: Game Day Thread

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don't know if the dummy half service has improved that much, to be honest.
Defence has improved as well as our kicking game. These things have had more impact on how our forwards are performing than how the dummy half is passing.
King's kicking threat has aided our kicking game as it means the markers can't rush out and pressure Norman and Moses. CK lacks the line speed of Kaysa but I think our defence has been better with him coming up with numbers, rather than leading and making first contact.

We're watching different games if you think the service hasn't improved. CK is a far better passer of the footy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't know if the dummy half service has improved that much, to be honest.
Defence has improved as well as our kicking game. These things have had more impact on how our forwards are performing than how the dummy half is passing.
All contributing factors no doubt. Fingers crossed CK stays fit but i guess hes replaceable given DH service matters little.

T.S Quint

Coach
King's kicking threat has aided our kicking game as it means the markers can't rush out and pressure Norman and Moses. CK lacks the line speed of Kaysa but I think our defence has been better with him coming up with numbers, rather than leading and making first contact.

We're watching different games if you think the service hasn't improved. CK is a far better passer of the footy.

His kicking game is certainly a big help.
I'm not saying he's playing poorly or that he's not a good player. Im just saying we would probably be going just as well if Pritchard was still playing.

T.S Quint

Coach
All contributing factors no doubt. Fingers crossed CK stays fit but i guess hes replaceable given DH service matters little.

I never said he was replaceable. In fact there was that one thread in here asking who would be the most irreplaceable player at the moment and I said it was King.
All I'm saying is that I don't think King has made THAT much of a difference to the way our forwards are playing compared to Pritchard. That's all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought he was fantastic against The Broncos. His passing got our forwards over the advantage line and he also earned penalties for the team. He almost achieved your defensive average for a hooker.
I know you made a poor early call on CK Poo but its only you who continue to believe your negativity regarding CK.
CK has been one of the main reasons our forwards are now dominating.
Period. Lol.
The difference is Moses, not King. That's pretty obvious.

hindy111

Post Whore
I didnt realise Kaysa passing game was not great untill I watched King.

If a markers not square King gets the penalty, he knows what to do at the right time. Seems a smarter player.

Kaysa is a more dangerous attacking threat. He supports well and stronger. He hits harder in defense

Of the two id say Kaysa has more potential if can fix a few small issues. King does all the little things right and id prefer him st this stage.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The difference is Moses, not King. That's pretty obvious.
Moses has been terrific. Marvelous how much better he looks with quicker service. Id hate to be without either. I suspect Moses and Norman are pleased with CKs service and deception. I thinks thats pretty obvious.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses has been terrific. Marvelous how much better he looks with quicker service. Id hate to be without either. I suspect Moses and Norman are pleased with CKs service and deception. I thinks thats pretty obvious.

Normans started to play well as has KE, Jennings (who was sluggish since back from injury) Along with Vae and Matagi who had been quiet.

Semi also playing a lot better the last 6 weeks.

Kings come into the side as its started to play better and as Moses and Norman combo started to click.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didnt realise Kaysa passing game was not great untill I watched King.

If a markers not square King gets the penalty, he knows what to do at the right time. Seems a smarter player.

Kaysa is a more dangerous attacking threat. He supports well and stronger. He hits harder in defense

Of the two id say Kaysa has more potential if can fix a few small issues. King does all the little things right and id prefer him st this stage.
King definitely has his advantages.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Normans started to play well as has KE, Jennings (who was sluggish since back from injury) Along with Vae and Matagi who had been quiet.

Semi also playing a lot better the last 6 weeks.

Kings come into the side as its started to play better and as Moses and Norman combo started to click.
Yep. It's a bit rich to pin it all on a backup who's come into the side at the right time.