What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Tigers @ Pepper Stadium

tripster

Juniors
To be honest, I don't understand all the negativity about Browne. I think he has been doing a great job for us. For the first part of the year our starts were the worst part of our game - we were leaking points early in games and playing catch up from there (and in many instances, not catching up). We weren't tight in the middle, and, as ChrisD would remind us, RCG wasn't setting the world on fire.

Browne starting has made a difference. He might not be making massive meters, but our openings to games have been much better. I don't put that all down to him of course but he has been making a difference in the middle of the field. We haven't been lacking for go forward when he is on the field either - our team has plenty of go forward elsewhere. Browne is also an experienced forward (played in the 2014 GF for example, and also came back to football after having his skull seriously injured) has good discipline and ball control. Do we have anyone better to start with at prop right now? With Merrin injured, the answer surely must be no. We have also learned something else with Browne starting, and that RCG is much better as an interchange prop.

hindy111

Post Whore
You're asking the wrong people here. There are a bunch of fans here who think he should be fast tracked into Origin next year. I mean... why? There was even one person who argued that we should dump Edwards, move Moylan back to fullback, and bring in May permanently because Cleary needs to be calling the shots in the halves by himself. Rose-colored glasses is a thing.

Three years makes a big difference. If Moses wasn't ahead of Cleary in game management, you would be surprised. And if Cleary wasn't ahead of where Moses is now three years from now, I'd be surprised as well.

Moses will always be a silkier smoothers amd classier player. Cleary will be tougher and smarter.
I see Cleary as a Pierce style with higher ceiling. Moses can rip a team apart and his a trickier player. Cleary could end up more of a Cronk? And that would be massive.
But he has a lot of work. His last tackle optiins can be hurrendous.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses has just started looking good now that he has moved to the Eels. Before that he was a complete liability. Cleary still has some development to go but is good and consistent with a few errors in judgment.

Moses form last year was electric. Every club wanted him.
Who will have the better career is unknown. Both are NRL players for 10 yrs.

hindy111

Post Whore
This week. Certainly not last week.

Moses had a patch of good form this time last year and is having another one now. In form he's a very good player albeit with some deficencies. But outside those patches of good form, you wouldn't feed him, as Parra will find out in due course.

I am not bagging either. Just stating what I see.
A half only looks as good as forwards make them as well. How would Pierce look st a weak club?

OldPanther

Coach
Moses form last year was electric. Every club wanted him.
Who will have the better career is unknown. Both are NRL players for 10 yrs.

Moses wasn't electric last year. Tigers fans were seriously disappointed with his form. He doesn't play to his potential nearly enough.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses wasn't electric last year. Tigers fans were seriously disappointed with his form. He doesn't play to his potential nearly enough.

He had 15 line breaks, 13 lbas and 18 try assists. In a shit team.

Since moved to eels his played well.

Moylan i think is thr best ball player in comp. Funny some rate cleary better. Moylan has missed plenty of footy and 14 lbas this year. 3 of first spot.