What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Dragons Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
My hope is, that the one week enforced break for Thaiday and McGuire, and the injury forced break for Gillett will freshen them up.

Hunt and Milford have no pressure to perform in my opinion, because they know whatever happens, they'll be picked next week. Same with McCullough.

Perhaps that is the difference between this year and last - without Ash Taylor and Parcell there's absolutely no pressure on our No. 6, 7 and 9 to perform.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Any chance at all of kahu coming in to replace the embarrassment on our right wing?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
My hope is, that the one week enforced break for Thaiday and McGuire, and the injury forced break for Gillett will freshen them up.

Hunt and Milford have no pressure to perform in my opinion, because they know whatever happens, they'll be picked next week. Same with McCullough.

Perhaps that is the difference between this year and last - without Ash Taylor and Parcell there's absolutely no pressure on our No. 6, 7 and 9 to perform.

Is having no competition for your spot and performance really a thing? Is there nothing else to play for except your spot? Teammates? Coach? Pride? And most importantly, the fans?

I agree though that our depth is terrible, in many positions.

Dazzat

First Grade
Is having no competition for your spot and performance really a thing? Is there nothing else to play for except your spot? Teammates? Coach? Pride? And most importantly, the fans?

I agree though that our depth is terrible, in many positions.

Competition for spots is a psychological "below the line" type of thing in my opinion. It's always the great unspoken truth in any team.

Athletes are by nature competitive and above all professional. It's amazing how your performance lifts if you think you're income as at risk.

Look at the form of DCE since he's signed his massive contract. Blah. He's under no pressure to retain his spot, and sitting on a packet, and playing like an ordinary half.

It's subconscious sure ... but is definitely a consideration.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Don't stress lads, you're only playing a Mary McGregor coached team. If you can't beat us you may as well join the Intrust Super Cup:D

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
jebus.. this match is looking like a battle of the pessimists...

given you guys seem to have resigned yourself to a loss already, are we happy to just give the dragons the two points, and everyone head to the pub instead?

Dragons 09

Juniors
jebus.. this match is looking like a battle of the pessimists...

given you guys seem to have resigned yourself to a loss already, are we happy to just give the dragons the two points, and everyone head to the pub instead?

Yeah, we'll take the points and the Donkey supporters get the first round at the local;)

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I bag Thaiday out a lot but he was great tonight. Mind you he should be playing that well every week.

3. Thaiday
2. Boyd
1. Gillett

Nerd

Bench
Better but to be fair the Dragons especially Benji were pretty ordinary. Gillett made a big difference to our right side defence. Glad to see the Hunt and Milford kicking game was much better.

3. Thaiday
2. Gillett
1. Boyd

For the record I saw Maranta actually beat not one but two players in attack!!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Thaiday
Boyd
Wallace.
Also though Roberts went well.
Ball security and defence were sound.
Wallace is gonna be a big loss for us.
Anyone know how much it took for the titans to get him?
Anyway im still positive about this season. Still heaps of time to sort out our shit.
Very sus they loaded up on 1-12

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Better but to be fair the Dragons especially Benji were pretty ordinary. Gillett made a big difference to our right side defence. Glad to see the Hunt and Milford kicking game was much better.

3. Thaiday
2. Gillett
1. Boyd

For the record I saw Maranta actually beat not one but two players in attack!!

Really? Milford put in a good kick for the try and I think Hunt got a repeat set with a nice kick. Hunt's long kicking was a bit better. But all in all the kicking game was terrible. So many kicks going into the legs, going dead, mis-directed, bombs not high enough etc...

I think the commentators talked up the performance of the halves tonight. This game was the first game in a long time that our forwards won the battle so there was no excuses. Milford was a bit more involved yeah but ultimately it wasn't good enough.

I was glad to hear in the post-match interview that Hunt conceded that his kicking game wasn't where it needs to be. I have a great deal of respect for him owning up to this instead to hearing the old cliche "we will get confidence out of this" blah blah.

I was really happy with the forwards tonight. Frizell was a bit out for them though.

Latest posts