What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 Game Day Thread: Eels v Knights

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So negative Pou Bear...We're a Top 4 team don't you know.
Even if we finish in the top four we're not a top four side. If we finish in the top four it means there were fewer than four top four sides and we managed to jag a spot because somebody had to. I think Melbourne and the Roosters and maybe the Broncos are the only top four sides in this year's comp. So at least one spot is up for grabs by the top eight sides (of which we are one).

strider

Post Whore
Even if we finish in the top four we're not a top four side. If we finish in the top four it means there were fewer than four top four sides and we managed to jag a spot because somebody had to. I think Melbourne and the Roosters and maybe the Broncos are the only top four sides in this year's comp. So at least one spot is up for grabs by the top eight sides (of which we are one).
I enjoy the seasons where there are 6 top for sides .... it all adds up

Chipmunk

Coach

f**k off Pou Bear...you told me earlier in the year we'd be a Top 4 team if we got a half back...we not only got a half back we got your first choice...

So, we must surely be a Top 4 team...

PS...surely Sharks are still part of that Top 4 group. They have spanked the Roosters and beat the Storm. Or are you like everyone and your last performance defines a season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k off Pou Bear...you told me earlier in the year we'd be a Top 4 team if we got a half back...we not only got a half back we got your first choice...

So, we must surely be a Top 4 team...
I clarified that we could be top four, but we would be top eight.
PS...surely Sharks are still part of that Top 4 group. They have spanked the Roosters and beat the Storm. Or are you like everyone and your last performance defines a season.
No I think the season defines the season. We spanked the Broncos and beat the Storm. It doesn't make us a top four side. But we might sneak in there if the Sharks continue to shit themselves.

Chipmunk

Coach
I clarified that we could be top four, but we would be top eight.

No I think the season defines the season. We spanked the Broncos and beat the Storm. It doesn't make us a top four side. But we might sneak in there if the Sharks continue to shit themselves.

We beat the Storm without their Origin players...lets not exagerate a lucky situation.

Perhaps we're actually in the position we are of probably going to make the Top 8 because in reality we got lucky by just playing the Storm when we did and played the Cowboys in Townsville without 3/4 of their Top 17 spine. We also only had to play the Top 4 teams in total of 5 games, where others have met them as many as 7 times. Plus we played three games prior to the Origin period with no players missing.

We should face reality, we are where we are due to a favourable drew...little else.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We beat the Storm without their Origin players...lets not exagerate a lucky situation.

Perhaps we're actually in the position we are of probably going to make the Top 8 because in reality we got lucky by just playing the Storm when we did and played the Cowboys in Townsville without 3/4 of their Top 17 spine. We also only had to play the Top 4 teams in total of 5 games, where others have met them as many as 7 times. Plus we played three games prior to the Origin period with no players missing.

We should face reality, we are where we are due to a favourable drew...little else.
And we are where we are due to having so many top 17 players unavailable for so many games. You take the good with the bad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No team has been harder hit by unavailable players than us. Our first choice dummy half has missed the entire season FFS.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Games unavailable (minimum three games):
21 De Gois
16 Terepo
10 Moses
8 Hoffman
8 Scott
7 Auva'a
7 Edwards
6 French
6 Kritchard
5 Vave
4 Moeroa
4 Norman
3 Gutherson
3 Jennings
3 Takairangi

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And while everyone talks about us playing the storm/cowboys without their stars, we did have to play the sharks / raiders and warriors when they had decent form, as oppposed to sides playing them when in shit form!

It all evens it self out during the year !

Bandwagon

Staff member
To be fair I reckon our draw has been pretty kind to us this year, we've certainly had worse.

On the top four, despite some patchy form Sharks in it for mine. Come finals, test of a top four side is whether they are a realistic chance of going through, Sharks know how to grind out a win, so I still rate them a chance.

All things being equal and Melbourne make the GF, Roosters, Donkeys and Sharks all could beat them on their day, can't see any other squad doing so, not without a fair whack of luck at least anyway.

TheParraboy

Staff member
10-12 halftime, game was there to be won but then we do 10 stooped errors in the 2nd half. More than 120 tackles than then for the game and some stoopid ref calls ( that pass off the ground is gonna open up some worms) we were destined to lose this one.

Worrying thing for me did we peak already last few weeks? And now we can't sustain that energy and discipline?

A good decent thumping to the Titans and an impressive performance vs the Broncos (win or lose) will put us back on track

Anytime we are clear favourites, our players think the game is won

Friday night.....the early round game against the Titans B team......

IFR33K

Coach
10-12 halftime, game was there to be won but then we do 10 stooped errors in the 2nd half. More than 120 tackles than then for the game and some stoopid ref calls ( that pass off the ground is gonna open up some worms) we were destined to lose this one.

Worrying thing for me did we peak already last few weeks? And now we can't sustain that energy and discipline?

A good decent thumping to the Titans and an impressive performance vs the Broncos (win or lose) will put us back on track

@TheParraboy, I think Hindy111 has hacked your into your account.