What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Cowboys @ Pepper Stadium

franklin2323

Immortal
He was ok until we blew the ruck open and then he failed to find the finish. He threw two passes to ground on backline plays that just luckily happened to lead to tries. Somewhere in there he called Cartwright around him and gave him a hospital pass off his hip when there was room out the back.

56th minute if he hits Mansour he goes in untouched, he holds the pass too long. 62nd minute he has Mansour away down the sideline on our 40 but doesn't hit him. 63rd minute he has 3 out the back against one on their try line but hits Yeo short who drops it in the defence. 65th minute Moylan drops the ball and turns it over on their try line. 72nd minute on their line on the last he does a dance and dumps it onto RCG. Finally in the 73rd May does what Moylan couldn't and all but runs it over himself.

If Cartwright had that game there'd be calls for him to be beheaded.

Good post. That is the way it works some players can do no wrong regardless of how they play

franklin2323

Immortal
Wow Moylan has a lot of relatives on this forum . I can't believe how defensive people are of him as for 10 x better than a fully fit Carty pffffffffff

People like to hate on Cartwright. He does stupid stuff but he isn't alone a fact often overlooked

mxlegend99

Referee
Wow sorry Mrs Moylan
Youre the one chucking a hissy fit. You think people need to be related to a player to defend them... yet here you are slamming Moylan and anyone who isnt bagging him out to defend Cartwright.

Youre even claiming to be able to read Moylans mind in order to bag him out.

chrisD

Coach
No one hates on him as a player. Most just know he has no business playing in the halves
And yet the best we've looked for a decade was with Cartwright in the halves. And you people want to keep talking like he was a failure there. It's just flat f**king fact denial.
May is a better half. Moylan is the better player whne fully fit
Based on f**king what? All May has done is not shit the bed in first grade.
Better players get more allowances for their mistakes. Moylan 100% fit is 10x the player Cartwright is. Even with all that he still did a lot of good as I already pointed out. Without him I doubt we win that.
You're not making an allowance for it, you're saying it never happened, that's just denial. Cartwright and Moylan are about the same talent, and it'll show now that he is in his actual position and things are getting sorted. The amount of ball Moylan had against a shot line at the end that he didn't just fail to produce points with but actually f**ked up possession made him a much bigger liability than he was an asset. We win with anyone who could pass the ball along and not turn it over.

OldPanther

Coach
Wow Moylan has a lot of relatives on this forum . I can't believe how defensive people are of him as for 10 x better than a fully fit Carty pffffffffff

I was exaggerating a bit to make my point. Moylan is much better than Cartwright though. I never said he was perfect.

OldPanther

Coach
And yet the best we've looked for a decade was with Cartwright in the halves. And you people want to keep talking like he was a failure there. It's just flat f**king fact denial.
You're not making an allowance for it, you're saying it never happened, that's just denial. Cartwright and Moylan are about the same talent, and it'll show now that he is in his actual position and things are getting sorted. The amount of ball Moylan had against a shot line at the end that he didn't just fail to produce points with but actually f**ked up possession made him a much bigger liability than he was an asset. We win with anyone who could pass the ball along and not turn it over.

I never once said he didn't do the things you mentioned so don't make things up.

MrBlack

Juniors
Not sure Cartwrights head is in the right frame of mind right now. And who can blame him with the year he has had (injury and other).

Hopefully the coaches are managing that because if we are to make an impact in the finals we will need him fully fit (mentally and physically).

Moylan returning from injury - cut him a bit of slack.

chrisD

Coach
I never once said he didn't do the things you mentioned so don't make things up.
You didn't make an allowance for him, you denied he had a bad game.
Just re-watching the game now. Moylan really didn't have a poor game excluding the 5th tackle thing (though he got our only repeat set.) He was passing to Peachy very crisply all night (something we all demanded earlier in the year) had a good inside ball to Edwards which Lolo just managed to stop and he cleaned up well when we were under pressure early.
Denial.

OldPanther

Coach
You didn't make an allowance for him, you denied he had a bad game.
Denial.

It's not denial. He made mistakes but he did a lot of good as well. At worst he had a "solid" game without being amazing. If you're expecting a JT like performance after being out for a month you are seriously misguided. I also expect Cartwright to take time to come good playing in the middle like he is.

franklin2323

Immortal

The reason he hasn't shit the bed is he was playing half this time last year. He has a halves mindset being the big thing. It may come to Moylan it may not but Moylan is a class player fullstop

bebo

Juniors
Youre the one chucking a hissy fit. You think people need to be related to a player to defend them... yet here you are slamming Moylan and anyone who isnt bagging him out to defend Cartwright.

Youre even claiming to be able to read Moylans mind in order to bag him out.
No hissy fit here tiger just pointing out Moylan is far from the perfectionist you portray him as , yes Bryce makes mistakes and god knows he isn't a 6 but he never picked himself there and his growth as a back row has been hampered by this decision ,people were screaming for Moylan to play there and he has been no better than Bryce was as a 19/20 year old when he first played in that position 2 years ago . Moylan is now 25 with a lot more experience than Bryce had at that stage all the excuses for his errors don't cut it for me .This is just MY opinion get over it

betcats

Referee
No hissy fit here tiger just pointing out Moylan is far from the perfectionist you portray him as , yes Bryce makes mistakes and god knows he isn't a 6 but he never picked himself there and his growth as a back row has been hampered by this decision ,people were screaming for Moylan to play there and he has been no better than Bryce was as a 19/20 year old when he first played in that position 2 years ago . Moylan is now 25 with a lot more experience than Bryce had at that stage all the excuses for his errors don't cut it for me .This is just MY opinion get over it

Moylan is god and your opinion is shit. Get over it.

Kev07

Juniors
[QUOTE="chrisD, post: 12403517

Lol :joy:

Latest posts