What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Tigers.

You are all in denial, didn’t any of you guys watch the parra games?
In the 45 years I have been supporting the once mighty Saints, the parra game was the worst I’ve watched live.
Seriously I’m thinking these soft clowns are deliberately tanking it. I don’t know why, maybe the fix is in, maybe they don’t care, or maybe they are too soft to play finals footy.
The dodgy referees will cane us with the penalties until the tigers have a comfortable lead and our marshmallows will start playing constructive footy with 10 minutes to go.
Tigers 26 St George Illawarra marshmallows 12.

You obviously weren't in Melbourne at the game in 2000.

getsmarty

Immortal
lafait_rc1_5347-1.jpg

TEAM LISTS

24-hour warning: Round 23 v Wests Tigers
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 17 Aug 2018, 05:30 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed the Dragons' Round 23 squad to face the Wests Tigers to 19 ahead of their Leichhardt Oval clash on Saturday, August 18.

Hame Sele and Darren Nicholls are the unlucky duo to miss out on selection to face the Tigers.

NRL squad for Round 23 v Wests Tigers:

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by SMAI
6. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt– sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Floormania
10. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell (c) – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
15. Jacob Host – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Westfund
17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Zac Lomax
19. Jai Field

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/08/17/24-hour-warning-round-23-v-wests-tigers/

Old Timer

Coach
Yep. You’re usually right OT.
But not this time - I hope.
I’m still going to polish the Dragons rego plates in the morning.
I have a set also
Frightened to wash them for fear of getting bitten by the red backs under the cobwebs that have congregated on them over the last 6 weeks

The Damo

Juniors
Last week the team was dreadful, the defensive attitude particularly was a disgrace. If they turn in shite like that again then it’d be hard not to conclude they’ve given up/tanking it.
But - players missing, shitty game plans and terrible coaching aside, thisteam is capable of beating the tigers handily, they’ve gotta show up with fire and intensity and the desire for what is best in life - to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.
No hubris this time you’ll be pleased to hear OT ;) just a plea to Crom that the team remembers the secret of steel, plays with valour, and makes revenge their own.

Dragsters

First Grade
For one reason or another I haven't been able to get to many games this season and after last week's abomination, I have ready-made reason to miss this one, but I will be on the hill at Leichhardt in my big red V, supporting the Mighty Dragons at their most desperate time this season...

FIRE UP DRAGONS!!!

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
JDB FEELS MENTAL TOLL OF ORIGIN

Jack de Belin says he’d handle future State of Origin campaigns differently if given the chance after admitting St George Illawarra are suffering a representative hangover.

De Belin was among the most battered and bruised from this year’s Origin series as he required pain-killing injections in his hip to play.

But it was mentally where he was left the most fatigued.

Although he took days off from club training, the Dragons lock played through the representative period without a break, But de Belin said in hindsight he needed to let his mind rest more to leave himself mentally fresher for the run home to the finals.

“I’ve learnt a lot the past couple of months,” the 27-year-old said.. “I’ve never had so much footy going on in my life, it was kind of a footy overload.

“I have other interests, it gets hard there when everything’s footy, you’ve got so many media commitments, you’re forever hearing, talking about it, it gets a little bit hard.

“It’s not necessarily (about resting). Just when I’m not at footy, just don’t be thinking about it at all, just completely switch off.”

De Belin’s story mirrors that of the Dragons’ recent fortunes.

“Obviously throughout Origin period it was hard, even still now, you look at our squad and there’s probably a bit of a hangover happening,” de Belin said.

“But at the same time, there can’t be any excuses for that.

“Every other club’s in the same situation we’re in, everyone’s got to do it, it’s just a matter of putting your hand up and getting it done.”

But de Belin is confident the big-game experience would pay off come finals, where the Dragons are still aiming for a top-four spot.

“I don’t think anyone comes back to NRL a worse player after playing Origin,” he said.

“We showed we can perform on the biggest stage, hopefully that can come back to benefit us.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/7486486ca2ed6c6f0a7d4763ab976f95

merahputih

Juniors
I am currently in Honolulu. Does anyone know a bar where NRL games are streamed? The bars I have gone to are showing the opening games of NFL but I'm sure someone posted ages ago about a sports bar that showed NRL games. Is Mary still there??!!.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Game day.
Excited - no
Apprehensive - yes

Our fortunes will be determined in the first 10 - 15 minutes.

We are so mentally fragile that if the Tigers put 2 try's on us quickly we will capitulate like last week with no answers.

I have a feeling we will be 1-17 as named. However, I'm hopeful Lomax could at least force his way onto the bench. It would be a good game to bring him on using his height and agility replacing Aitken or Lafai at centre.
We will know when the ISP final team list is announced around an hour before their game.

If we can hang in and even hold a lead bg the 25 min I think we can go on to win it, as I think the Tigers will start to panic knowing their season is on the line.

Dragons to win in a very tight game.

hazzbeen

Bench
Game day.
Excited - no
Apprehensive - yes

We are so mentally fragile that if the Tigers put 2 try's on us quickly we will capitulate like last week with no answers.

I have a feeling we will be 1-17 as named. However, I'm hopeful Lomax could at least force his way onto the bench. It would be a good game to bring him on using his height and agility replacing Aitken or Lafai at centre.
We will know when the ISP final team list is announced around an hour before their game.

If we can hang in and even hold a lead bg the 25 min I think we can go on to win it, as I think the Tigers will start to panic knowing their season is on the line.

Its so sad we have to keep saying if we can hang in there we might be a chance , unbelievable we are struggling to beat teams well below us . Give me 10 min in the sheds with these guys and if they dont come out firing they might as well play Netball ......

dannyt

Coach
Its so sad we have to keep saying if we can hang in there we might be a chance , unbelievable we are struggling to beat teams well below us . Give me 10 min in the sheds with these guys and if they dont come out firing they might as well play Netball ......
I would love to know what mary said to them before the parra game to make them come out with the completely wrong attitude.

Say everything opposite and we may have a champion team and a champion coach.

Crush

Coach
Game day.
Excited - no
Apprehensive - yes

Not excited on game day with your team still alive for finals?
I lose interest once the dragons cannot mathematically make the 8.
Game day, 5th, I am cautiously pumped!

Latest posts