What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Broncos

gonz

Juniors

Brutalitops

Juniors
Somehow I feel more confident against Brisbane than against Titans, Souths and Knights

Something about the mentality of this team makes them lift for games where they don't stand a chance, but crumble when all the expectation is on them. Today was pleasing in that they managed to get a lid on their usual crumbling and close the game out. So I expect them to give Broncos a good go.

I believe if we beat Broncos we play finals, simple as that.

Life's Good

Coach
Hope I'm wrong but we do not know the art of 80 minute football. Too many games this year where we started well & then fade or started well, faded and then kicked on.
We have handed out a few beltings this year but I fear it will be our turn.
As good as Mann clearly was(a massive upgrade and another point of attack)we haven't solved the 80 minute fade, addressed some of the soft defensive issues and continue to make basic errors(not finding touch, Nighty, kicking out on the full & backing up from last week being bundled into touch).
We have handed out a few beltings this year but I fear it will be us on the receiving end.

Last edited:

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
If we get this win, our points diff will push us well up. Bloody cowboys choked and may well be the team we leapfrog. In saying that, broncos are playing incredible footy. Just the defence is f**king bennet bullet proof. If we win we well and truly deserve finals football. Please get some inspiration from some dragons greats this week to fire the boys up. Come on dragons.

thebigredv

First Grade
I think we'll beat the Broncos, not because of our coaching, but because teams haven't backed up well after playing the Sharks this year.

Nightingale with a hat trick to boot.

pfft! as if nighty would ever score a hat trick. too old, too slow.

Red V for life

Juniors
Just enjoy the weather Red V. :)

Haha :grin:

The last game at Suncorp I watched through my fingers was the 2003 Piggy Riddell Masterclass with that penalty goal from 40m out to win it for us.

We were right behind him and I just could not look. I only looked when the old man said he's got it off the boot. The rest of the night was a drunken blur...but I remember the pure exhilaration at the full time siren. The best game experience wise I've had. Just watched the highlights on YouTube and can't wipe the smile off my face lol.

We were handicapped by injuries galore on that occasion and no one gave us a shot. This time we're handicapped by Mary and no one gives us a shot and I'll be copping it all week leading up to the game.

How awesome it would be to repeat that result. I can almost taste Broncos tears now...hmmm sweet haha.

Get it done boys!

Haha :grin:

The last game at Suncorp I watched through my fingers was the 2003 Piggy Riddell Masterclass with that penalty goal from 40m out to win it for us.

We were right behind him and I just could not look. I only looked when the old man said he's got it off the boot. The rest of the night was a drunken blur...but I remember the pure exhilaration at the full time siren. The best game experience wise I've had. Just watched the highlights on YouTube and can't wipe the smile off my face lol.

We were handicapped by injuries galore on that occasion and no one gave us a shot. This time we're handicapped by Mary and no one gives us a shot and I'll be copping it all week leading up to the game.

How awesome it would be to repeat that result. I can almost taste Broncos tears now...hmmm sweet haha.

Get it done boys!

Mate, I was there that night as well.
We basically had half of the reserve grade team playing that night.
Great feeling at the end of the match and big celebrations afterwards.
Only better finish at Suncorp for us was in 2007 when B Moz scored in the corner off a Matty Head kick.
Step up to the plate one Mr Aaron Gorrell, nailed it from the sideline on the siren, I was sitting in the Caxton end corner right in line with it. Basically cried from excitement.
Next morning when I got home after sunrise I was crying again as the wife wasn't too happy with my all night celebrations :grimacing::thumbsup:

Thought I heard in the game commentary yesterday, but can't find stats to confirm, but if Nighty gets another hat trick this season he will either tie or have the most hat tricks in a season. Go Nighty!!!
Forget the "too old, two slow" rubbish.
Nightingale is still one of the best finishers in the game.
14 tries this year and counting.
Create the opportunities and he will continue to score mountains of tries.
If Dufty had been playing earlier, his tally would have been significantly higher.

getsmarty

Immortal
I think next week will tell us where we are at. Broncos will not back peddle in defense and give us the same latitude that the Titans did. They defended like we have in our previous loses when our ruck defense and line speed was poor.
Hopefully the coach can finally get an 80 min performance out of the team.

If they turn and play with the same attitude they did yesterday and for the full 80 minutes thir a chance

Last week I predicted win against Tits will be our last. I was at the game yesterday and Tits were woeful, worst opposition we've played all year bar none. I found it totally bizarre the lack of interest shown by Hayne, no matter the internal chaos. Haven't seen anything like it.

Anyway, back to the Dragons, the next few weeks will reinforce the team's true standing in this competition. All thanks to our f#*kwit coach and self-interested board.

Straight Shooter