What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Broncos

Bench
Never take things for granted. Especially with McIdiot in charge of selection.
There is no way he would consider resting players for the run home. He can't be that stupid. Then again........

We had chances the last few weeks when near full strength and blew it,now things start to go wrong when we can ill afford it but its our own bloody fault.
At least Mary has an excuse this week,what was it for the other weeks?
Talking about excuses, did you notice McGregor's spin on McCrone?
He's been "playing busted the last 4-5 weeks" and he has had restricted movement and that is why he wasn't his usual dynamic self etc. etc. etc.
Just another rationalization and an excuse for some diabolical performances by McCrone.
Even if that were the case, wy did he continue picking him???
We are truly being led down the garden path.

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL, NYC Team Changes: Round 24 v Broncos
Thu 17th August, 05:50PM
A A

1502962194599.jpg;pve9f0e1a820e23c82

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 24 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday.

Nene Macdonald (knee) was ruled out after the captain's run on Thursday morning. Taane Milne will start on the wing in the Papua New Guinean international's place.

Luciano Leilua is the other player to miss out on facing the Broncos.

NRL Squad for Round 24 v Brisbane Broncos:

1. Matt Dufty
17. Taane Milne
3. Josh Dugan
4. Tim Lafai
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Kurt Mann
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims
15. Hame Sele
16. Blake Lawrie
18. Josh McCrone
19. Will Matthews
21. Euan Aitken

NYC Squad for Round 24 v Brisbane Broncos:

1. Zac Lomax
2. Dane Francis
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Matheson Johns
5. Jason Gillard
6. Tristan Sailor
7. Jackson Willis
8. Stuart Mason (c)
9. Hayden Lomax
10. Josh Dowel
11. Jackson Ford
12. Jayden Morgan
13. Joe Lovodua
Interchange:
14. TJ Uele
15. Brayden Gallagher
16. Dylan Morris
17. Trent Peoples
18. Max Bailey
21. Tom Angel
22. Jack Cross

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/08/17/nrl_nyc_team_changes.html

Talking about excuses, did you notice McGregor's spin on McCrone?
He's been "playing busted the last 4-5 weeks" and he has had restricted movement and that is why he wasn't his usual dynamic self etc. etc. etc.
Just another rationalization and an excuse for some diabolical performances by McCrone.
Even if that were the case, wy did he continue picking him???
We are truly being led down the garden path.
mccrone, not the most talented footballer, has deadset worked his ass off. Not to mention the blood sweet and tears he's shed for the club... mate you have no idea at all. Being a dragons supporter for 20 years, it's the first time Iv seen so many dragons supporters turn on the club.I fell in love with this club sitting on the hill as a kid, being amazed by the support this club had win lose or draw.. im starting to think it's the fans that are running this club into ground. You Should be appalled in yourself if you were a member that ditched the club vs titans couple weeks ago. I know I got the rewards for it. Anyhow Dennis papa you pissed me off tonight. Please stop supporting this great team as all you do is spread negativity.

L
mccrone, not the most talented footballer, has deadset worked his ass off. Not to mention the blood sweet and tears he's shed for the club... mate you have no idea at all. Being a dragons supporter for 20 years, it's the first time Iv seen so many dragons supporters turn on the club.I fell in love with this club sitting on the hill as a kid, being amazed by the support this club had win lose or draw.. im starting to think it's the fans that are running this club into ground. You Should be appalled in yourself if you were a member that ditched the club vs titans couple weeks ago. I know I got the rewards for it. Anyhow Dennis papa you pissed me off tonight. Please stop supporting this great team as all you do is spread negativity.
Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy...
Up until now your posts have been shallow and annoying but rather harmless.
The minute you take aim at me for stating the obvious, the situation changes.
If you have been a supporter for 20 years, then I have been a supporter for 46 years and that entitles me to make comparisons with the past and call out BS when it's thrown in my face.
Not only will I continue too support this great club but I will also continue to make comment and provide opinions that I feel are relevant to the current situation.
On the other hand your posts are without substance and lack any sort of basic logic and intelligence.
You want to portray the loyal fan and express your love for McGregor and McCrone then go right ahead.
That is your prerogative - but that doesn't mean that we have to agree with you.
What is running this club into the ground are not concerned supporters such as myself who express their opinion openly and without pulling punches.
It is the administration that make decisions like appointing (and extending) McGregor as coach.
He in turn has made a mess of 2016 and now 2017.
The football side of things is not that subjective. Our stats have improved remarkably since last year and yet we still find ourselves outside the 8 and fighting for our lives.
All I want is for the club to set real standards of excellence and stop compromising.
Supporters like me and many others on this forum have lived and breathed the ups and downs of the clubs fortunes for many more years than you.
We are true supporters because our bullshit meter actually works.
Time for you to wake up to yourself and stop making ridiculous and farcical posts which are just annoying and show you up to be an imbecile.
If I pissed you off I am really happy about that.
Now go away and leave us alone.

L

Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy...
Up until now your posts have been shallow and annoying but rather harmless.
The minute you take aim at me for stating the obvious, the situation changes.
If you have been a supporter for 20 years, then I have been a supporter for 46 years and that entitles me to make comparisons with the past and call out BS when it's thrown in my face.
Not only will I continue too support this great club but I will also continue to make comment and provide opinions that I feel are relevant to the current situation.
On the other hand your posts are without substance and lack any sort of basic logic and intelligence.
You want to portray the loyal fan and express your love for McGregor and McCrone then go right ahead.
That is your prerogative - but that doesn't mean that we have to agree with you.
What is running this club into the ground are not concerned supporters such as myself who express their opinion openly and without pulling punches.
It is the administration that make decisions like appointing (and extending) McGregor as coach.
He in turn has made a mess of 2016 and now 2017.
The football side of things is not that subjective. Our stats have improved remarkably since last year and yet we still find ourselves outside the 8 and fighting for our lives.
All I want is for the club to set real standards of excellence and stop compromising.
Supporters like me and many others on this forum have lived and breathed the ups and downs of the clubs fortunes for many more years than you.
We are true supporters because our bullshit meter actually works.
Time for you to wake up to yourself and stop making ridiculous and farcical posts which are just annoying and show you up to be an imbecile.
If I pissed you off I am really happy about that.
Now go away and leave us alone.
Well I'm sorry for my msg. I expressed what I felt and thought at time. Maybe I was wrong. But Iv been pissed with outher dragons supporters recently. But your rant proves that it's an old boys club. Not even the young are allowed be passionate. Yep it's the fans killing this club and I'm pissed off about it because I love this club... but what I'm not allowed to be passionate or express my opinions on what I think... I had a dragons supporter tell me to shut up at the dragons manly game for harmlessly cheering. No swearing, just loud and passionate.. now the old bloke who was in front of me with white hair and glasses that was high fiveing me and cheering us on. It's people like him that keep this club great.. people like you who tell a 24 year old to go away are killing it. What If I did listen to you and outher haters and started supporting bunnies or sunshiny???How the f**k is that supporting the club you moron????

Well I'm sorry for my msg. I expressed what I felt and thought at time. Maybe I was wrong. But Iv been pissed with outher dragons supporters recently. But your rant proves that it's an old boys club. Not even the young are allowed be passionate. Yep it's the fans killing this club and I'm pissed off about it because I love this club... but what I'm not allowed to be passionate or express my opinions on what I think... I had a dragons supporter tell me to shut up at the dragons manly game for harmlessly cheering. No swearing, just loud and passionate.. now the old bloke who was in front of me with white hair and glasses that was high fiveing me and cheering us on. It's people like him that keep this club great.. people like you who tell a 24 year old to go away are killing it. What If I did listen to you and outher haters and started supporting bunnies or sunshiny???How the f**k is that supporting the club you moron????
I think it's great that you are so passionate and are cheering - all power to you.
But wouldn't you like to cheer us winning a premiership or 2?
I think that is the point you are missing.
You get all happy when we win the occasional game where as the "old boys club" as you put it, want to see the club do better.
Play in the finals regularly, top 2 or 4 and really challenge for a premiership.
I hope you understand the difference.
Don't confuse a demand for excellence with negativity.
I love the club as much as what you do - probably more.
I just hate bullshit artists like McGregor standing in front of us every week spinning us BS about sub standard performances.
I'm sorry but that is reality. Our record over the last 14 weeks has been abysmal and we have to face that fact. No rose coloured glasses, no excuses, no weal rationalizations or deflections.
Otherwise how are we ever going to improve?
Just a quick note about McCrone.
I have stated in previous posts that I totally respect the guy.
He is a wholehearted player and has done his best for the club.
My beef is not with him it is the length of time it has taken McGregor to try something different when it is obvious McCrone is not working out.
It has cost us competition points and has blocked the path of other players that were crying out for a chance to prove themselves.
I respect you point of view but you shouldn't be too harsh on us "old boys".
We have experienced better days and that is why it hurts so much now.

JDHD

Juniors
Hahaha. We are in this together mate. 2 more years. We got dis.

We should all definitely try and enjoy it for the next two years! I'll have a go:

Gee it feels good being back in our most commonly held ladder position: out of the eight on four and against. Feels like home.

JDHD

Juniors
I think it's great that you are so passionate and are cheering - all power to you.
But wouldn't you like to cheer us winning a premiership or 2?
I think that is the point you are missing.
You get all happy when we win the occasional game where as the "old boys club" as you put it, want to see the club do better.
Play in the finals regularly, top 2 or 4 and really challenge for a premiership.
I hope you understand the difference.
Don't confuse a demand for excellence with negativity.
I love the club as much as what you do - probably more.
I just hate bullshit artists like McGregor standing in front of us every week spinning us BS about sub standard performances.
I'm sorry but that is reality. Our record over the last 14 weeks has been abysmal and we have to face that fact. No rose coloured glasses, no excuses, no weal rationalizations or deflections.
Otherwise how are we ever going to improve?
Just a quick note about McCrone.
I have stated in previous posts that I totally respect the guy.
He is a wholehearted player and has done his best for the club.
My beef is not with him it is the length of time it has taken McGregor to try something different when it is obvious McCrone is not working out.
It has cost us competition points and has blocked the path of other players that were crying out for a chance to prove themselves.
I respect you point of view but you shouldn't be too harsh on us "old boys".
We have experienced better days and that is why it hurts so much now.

Girls, girls, you're both pretty

I still buy membership for me and my family every year, I still go to the games every year, I invest my hard earned money into the club.
This entitles me to be critical when stupid decisions are made each and every week.

I figure if ranting insanely on the Internet every day can get a man elected to the American presidency, it can certainly change a football club.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apart from Mary continually picking McCrone, I really can't see what else he has done wrong to be honest. I know he cops a fair bit but he has improved which shows he did learn a lot from last season. Hopefully this season he learnt even more and that is when Saints are going well, don't take your eye off the ball and make selections based on individual form not team form. McCrone has had quite a few bad games but because the team won or played OK, when he was playing bad resisted to drop him. Also not to flog the boys to much in the off season.

I have no doubt that if Mann played the games against Souths, Dogs and Knights Saints would be sitting on 32 and fighting to stay in top 4 not top 8.

grouch

First Grade
Apart from Mary continually picking McCrone, I really can't see what else he has done wrong to be honest. I know he cops a fair bit but he has improved which shows he did learn a lot from last season. Hopefully this season he learnt even more and that is when Saints are going well, don't take your eye off the ball and make selections based on individual form not team form. McCrone has had quite a few bad games but because the team won or played OK, when he was playing bad resisted to drop him. Also not to flog the boys to much in the off season.

I have no doubt that if Mann played the games against Souths, Dogs and Knights Saints would be sitting on 32 and fighting to stay in top 4 not top 8.
lmao.

When your glass is half full of absinthe.

SBD82

Coach
My game day prediction.

The dragons breath fire in Brisbane tonight. They play tough in defence and fast in attack. An inside ball from JDB to dufty seals the game in the 78th minute, giving us an 8 point lead in a game where the lead changes 3 or 4 times.

This win kickstarts our charge to the finals. We make short work of the panthers and the dogs, knock the sharks out in week one of the finals, knock the roosters out in the second week, face Brisbane in the 3rd week and beat them in a golden point thriller.

The GF? Sorry kids, that's where my crystal ball fades out. All I know is that it will be against Melbourne. You're going to have to watch to find out.

Qdf

Juniors

Isn't picking McCone,when u had Mann right there bad enough...

to_ddeath

Coach

Blah blah blah...bleeds red & white....works hard....it's as if you're in a bubble & have totally missed the last 5-6 years.....drongo.

Smack

Coach
We are at $5 H2H.. Might put a double on

ps are we allowed to talk about betting here or is it frowned upon?