Round 24 v Broncos

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Smack, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Objective View

Objective View Juniors

I was thinking this yesterday, the team would be in a much better position if McF#*kwit started the year with Dufty. And anyone but McCrone.

Straight Shooter

Dennis Papaioannou and WoyD4LWoy like this.
  2. 2010

2010 Juniors

If he gets a hat trick he will be equal with Larry Corawa (spelling) who did it in the seventies with the tigers. Love to see him do it against Broncos

3. Crush

Crush Juniors

Always the optimist OV!
    Hey could be worse. Tigers just signed Benji Marshall for next year!

WoyD4LWoy and dragonssamy61 like this.
  4. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

My last trip to suncorp was in 05 .Trent Barrett ran around karmichael hunt and scored a slashing try .great win we had a great record at Suncorp.timefor another great win G0 THE BIG RED V.anddont forget MARY .4 Forwards on the bench .

5. getsmarty

getsmarty First Grade

He probably thinks Taane Milne is a forward...Oh wait a minute...he's already played him in the forwards.... LOL

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  6. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Round 1 this year BRONCOS did play against SHARKS and won .following week they played the COWBOYS .you guessed it COWBOYS won .bit of dejavu.maybe fire up boys you have history on your side.

dragonssamy61 and ALSGI like this.
  7. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Still reckon 2 of their tries were cutesy of Florence. Finished off really well to get a ball behind him. Can understand the love for this bloke but to make the 4 we need speed out wide.

8. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Juniors

Lets face it Nighty is good 30 m out , knows how to position himself and score a try as good as any winger in the game . The only problem he has , is he wont score any long range tries ..... Father time is catching him ....

Country Dragon likes this.
  9. gonz

gonz Juniors

Need to stop them getting a roll on for 15-20 at a time

10. Lovemedragons

Lovemedragons Juniors

Unless something has changed dramatically this is spot on, this is a turning point game, a type of game we had to win but we have repeatedly lost in recent years indeed not even turn up often. Hope not though.

11. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

One of our fellow members , whom I cannot recall , mentioned that the team would benefit greatly , if a couple of former Dragon players ( perhaps Johnny Raper ) would have a bit of a yak with them during the week . Mainly to let the players know , that they are indeed capable of winning their remaining matches , as long as they put everything into the game and go out with a good ' mind set ' .

As others have already said , the Broncos will not give anything away and therefore the Dragons must go out and tackle -tackle and tackle some more . If we can keep them at bay in defence , that could very well prove to be decisive . Defence and motivation are the key factors in wether or not St.George Illawarra will go further this season .

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  12. RedV Resurgence

RedV Resurgence Juniors

I think we have the Broncos in the forwards. They have been ordinary at times and that has been when their forwards get dominated.

Hunt has been quite a spark for them.
    I think we are a big chance if our forwards can dominate.

Gareth67, Overseas dragon and 2010 like this.
  13. This Year?

This Year? Bench

I hope every man and his dog writes us off and we get criticised all week in the lead up to this game and we come out and absolutely give it to them

Nothing would make me happier than beating these merkins, except winning a Grand Final.

Gareth67 likes this.
  14. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

OK we are 3 weeks out from the finals.
    Right now, who would you replace him with that has that essential speed element?
    Mann is now playing half back.

BankstownDragon likes this.
  15. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

The way Dufty chimes into the back line and his natural ball playing ability - you just know that the wingers will benefit from his involvement.
    After 20 odd rounds, it is almost too late.

16. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

I'm expecting the Broncos to tear us apart out wide with Boyd's passing and speed to burn on the flanks, Bennett will have done his homework & identified our weakness.

17. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Juniors

How sad it is that we have to win this to be any chance of finals footy , when we should have been well in there with our start to the season ...... This was always in the back of my mind even when we were leading but kept telling my self NO we have turned the corner . How wrong I was .....

Slippery Morris and Gareth67 like this.
  18. RedV Resurgence

RedV Resurgence Juniors

in regards to the finals, I think the cowboys are looking shaky.

The Dragons, Cowboys, Manly and Panthers are playing for the three final positions. One will drop out.

They have hard games Sharks, Tigers and Broncos. They may not win any of these games. ANd the injury toll is mounting will not help.

We just need to keep getting better with the changes we have sen over the past few weeks.

McInnis has started running and kicking - the variation stops us being so predicable.
    Mann adds creativity in the halves and straightens the attack giving much needed room out wide for one-on-one opportunities. Also, his changing sides in attack on the weekend and linking with Widdop is a game changers.
    McDonald (Who I though was not up to it) is getting better, he needs to rust his speed and size out in the open. Once he starts doing this, I think we have a very different player.

I see us playing much better footy, and the astute opposition will be aware that we are no longer a one out, predictable forwards based size.

merahputih likes this.
  19. Cazbah Steeler

Cazbah Steeler Juniors

Need to tighten up our middle defence for the Broncos game.

Gareth67 likes this.
  20. silverex

silverex Bench

I've been up to Suncorp 5 times to watch the Dragons play. Have yet to see them win there.

Can't make it this year so let's hope my non-attendance will change the result.

I'm not confident for this game. We don't seem to be able to hold it together for 80 minutes. Against the Titans we let in some really soft tries, especially the one after getting the ball from their kick-off and finishing the set over the line, under our posts. We can't let things like that happen.

MilanDragon and Gareth67 like this.