What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Broncos

ALSGI

Bench
Thanks mate good post......did Dugan play on the wing at any time last night...unfortunately I had umpteen phone calls and was in and out to the tv....what I did see he looked to be playing very wide and I assunmed he was out on the wing....must admit didnt watch much of the second half as I knew after the interval when they scored I thought we are gone
BSE, I didn't see him on the Wing at all.Just a genius trickery by supercoach I think mate.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Dislocated shoulder on the bloody last tackle of the match !!!!

Yeap.
Will have to see how much damage is done to ligaments ect as well.
Its 6 months to fully recover.
If full reconstruction is needed.
I would say that is what will need to be done.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We should start from scratch and rebuild the team around:-
Dufty
Mann (Wing)
Widdop
Hunt
De Belin
Frizell
Thompson
Vaughan
McInnes
Ah Mau
Bench
Host
Sims
Hind
Field
We need a top prop, two great centres (Lomax) and another speedy winger (Field, Herbert, Garrick). All of the backline should be speedy and be able to run the length of the field.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Thanks mate good post......did Dugan play on the wing at any time last night...unfortunately I had umpteen phone calls and was in and out to the tv....what I did see he looked to be playing very wide and I assunmed he was out on the wing....must admit didnt watch much of the second half as I knew after the interval when they scored I thought we are gone

BSE
Dugan and Aitken swiched on attack a fare bit.
But duges played centre in defence.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
There are a lot of "if's" from last nights game.
If Dugan doesnt drop the ball which led to their first try....we have a 7 tackle set
If Dugan doesn't drop the ball ovet the line when scoring
If Vaughan doesn't drop the ball which led to their 2nd try
If Dugan doesn't rush up in defense leaving a gaping hole that Mamn defended once but couldn't the 2nd time.
Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

Mann had a great first half then was guilty of trying too hard but in saying that where was Widdop shouldnt he take control....mmmm nah.

IMO the game was lost firstly in the team selection particularly the 18-21. Leilua should have been in the 17 and why McGregor chose to select 2 players returning from serious injury is beyond me (Aitken and Matthews) for such an important game, Leilua and Host should have been in the 17 unless they too had the flu.
The second point is the bench. Lawrie got what 8 mins and McCrone zero. Seriously! Why select them in the first place.
The game was lost before we ran onto the field last night IMO and I dont lay blame on the players. It all starts with the coach....even Bennett eluded to it in his presser.

JDHD

Juniors
If Dugan doesnt drop the ball which led to their first try....we have a 7 tackle set
If Dugan doesn't rush up in defense leaving a gaping hole that Mamn defended once but couldn't the 2nd time.

Mann had a great first half then was guilty of trying too hard but in saying that where was Widdop shouldnt he take control....mmmm nah.

IMO the game was lost firstly in the team selection particularly the 18-21. Leilua should have been in the 17 and why McGregor chose to select 2 players returning from serious injury is beyond me (Aitken and Matthews) for such an important game, Leilua and Host should have been in the 17 unless they too had the flu.
The second point is the bench. Lawrie got what 8 mins and McCrone zero. Seriously! Why select them in the first place.
The game was lost before we ran onto the field last night IMO and I dont lay blame on the players. It all starts with the coach....even Bennett eluded to it in his presser.

Leilua may have been one of the ones hit bad by flu. Apparently JDB was 'power spewing' before, during and after the game. I think our whole team was absolutely crushed by a bug.

monsterkev

Juniors
I honestly thought our second half attack was some of the best I had seen all year. We threw the kitchen sink at them. We were just beaten by a better side. Showed great signs for next season somethin to look forward to
Ah yes next season we will be saying good signs for next season and the year after and the year after that

Life's Good

Coach

Was Dugan that bad??(missed the game)

getsmarty

Immortal
We should start from scratch and rebuild the team around:-
Dufty
Mann (Wing)
Widdop
Hunt
De Belin
Frizell
Thompson
Vaughan
McInnes
Ah Mau
Bench
Host
Sims
Hind
Field
We need a top prop, two great centres (Lomax) and another speedy winger (Field, Herbert, Garrick). All of the backline should be speedy and be able to run the length of the field.

Won't change a thing unless we get a decent coach.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The backline roster is poor as is the ball security. The good teams have backlines that flow whereas our backline apart from Dufty and Mann contains slow and one out pedestrians who are error prone. A new coach would assist but the effort is not there. We keep playing backs and bench forwards who have liitle ability.

getsmarty

Immortal
The backline roster is poor as is the ball security. The good teams have backlines that flow whereas our backline apart from Dufty and Mann contains slow and one out pedestrians who are error prone. A new coach would assist but the effort is not there. We keep playing backs and bench forwards who have liitle ability.

But the coach said he now has the squad he wants...only took him 3 1/2 years and we still get the same results...

MilanDragon

Juniors
And rightfully so
Singling him out for what was an inevitable loss is ridiculous
People trying to hold onto some false hope that we could knock them off and then trying to blame Mann is laughable

I don't think Mann was blamed for that loss by anyone. If you actually read the comments everyone is blaming Dugan and/or McGregor.

The reality is Mann overall didn't have that great a game but it isn't his fault we lost. However, he will take his share of criticism too given his performance and some of those errors. Regardless if it was his first or 150th game in the 7, that's just what it is.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just watched the replay.
Mann was in our top 3 players last night. Yeah he made a few errors but he was always dangerous with the ball and troubled the Bris defense.
Dufty 's a must for fullback plenty of upside and will develop especially in the off season (physically)
Lafai actually had a really good game and kept Jimmy the Jet to only 70m
JDB what a beast and that's all that needs to be said
LAM is very underrated and is our perfect interchange forward

Just on Aitken, its obvious his shoulder wasn't right and he was feeling it in a tackle in the 76th minute, not surprised that he's gone for the season now. I wonder if he would have played if Nene was fit?
Nighty, well, love ya but its time to put the cue in the rack champion
Finally, on Nene, so how much did we miss him last night?