What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Broncos

hewi

Bench
I've got the plan. Hunt to have a shocker and allow the Dragons to win and then ask for a release from his contract with us. Release refused, Hunt becomes Dragon hero!!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hope I'm wrong but we do not know the art of 80 minute football. Too many games this year where we started well & then fade or started well, faded and then kicked on.
We have handed out a few beltings this year but I fear it will be our turn.
As good as Mann clearly was(a massive upgrade and another point of attack)we haven't solved the 80 minute fade, addressed some of the soft defensive issues and continue to make basic errors(not finding touch, Nighty, kicking out on the full & backing up from last week being bundled into touch).
We have handed out a few beltings this year but I fear it will be us on the receiving end.
Yes your right mate re fade out by us..its not just playing for 80, we have to play beyond and above that......and by that I mean opposition teams and coaches know full well we fade in games no matter how far we are ahead so in turn they put in 110% knowing full well they can reel us in......theres 3 points that will go a long way
To rectifying this problem...... 1.stop trying to push miracle passes but concentrate on your completion rate...2.move up in defence and knock the opposition over....we have a very bad habit of letting them run to us.....3 Widdop neads to stop rushing to take kicks in particular finding the sideline....its a notable error that has crept into his game of late.......these 3 points are not rocket science but schoolboy stuff

denis preston

First Grade
OK we are 3 weeks out from the finals.
Right now, who would you replace him with that has that essential speed element?
Mann is now playing half back.

Fair enough Dennis , too late now to make a change. Does highlight after a prop who the second player we need to secure out of the supposed 4 we are looking at for next year .If Flo had a NRL average wingers speed he would be sensational but it is not to be. The Broncos could give him a good reaming next game, I hope not.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I wonder what ridiculous ref/bunker decisions we can expect in this game to ensure the Suncorp fans go home happy. Someone (McGregor perhaps) should come out in the media before the game, put the refs on notice as this game is huge for us, critical to how our year ends up.

Life's Good

Coach
Yes your right mate re fade out by us..its not just playing for 80, we have to play beyond and above that......and by that I mean opposition teams and coaches know full well we fade in games no matter how far we are ahead so in turn they put in 110% knowing full well they can reel us in......theres 3 points that will go a long way
To rectifying this problem...... 1.stop trying to push miracle passes but concentrate on your completion rate...2.move up in defence and knock the opposition over....we have a very bad habit of letting them run to us.....3 Widdop neads to stop rushing to take kicks in particular finding the sideline....its a notable error that has crept into his game of late.......these 3 points are not rocket science but schoolboy stuff

What I have highlighted demonstrates the shortcomings in our coaching structure where they are failing to pick up the most basics that need rectifying.
Its what is going to cost us a position in the 8 - I hope I am wrong.

Gareth67

First Grade
How sad it is that we have to win this to be any chance of finals footy , when we should have been well in there with our start to the season ...... This was always in the back of my mind even when we were leading but kept telling my self NO we have turned the corner . How wrong I was .....

So right hazzbeen , it is such a damn shame that we now find ourselves in this position ,relying upon the results to go our way , to make our triumphant march into the 2018 semis.

We do have ourselves to blame for this . A lax defence and not even able to give a full 80 mins. effort and let's not forget some bad refereeing .

So now everyone hangs on by their fingernails during the next three weeks , not good if one's old ticker is not be in the best of condition . If you don't hear from me after this time , you will know what has happen to me . :innocent:

hazzbeen

Bench
So right hazzbeen , it is such a damn shame that we now find ourselves in this position ,relying upon the results to go our way , to make our triumphant march into the 2018 semis.

We do have ourselves to blame for this . A lax defence and not even able to give a full 80 mins. effort and let's not forget some bad refereeing .

So now everyone hangs on by their fingernails during the next three weeks , not good if one's old ticker is not be in the best of condition . If you don't hear from me after this time , you will know what has happen to me . :innocent:
No way old mate we need you around to suffer with us ....... :)

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If we get this win, our points diff will push us well up. Bloody cowboys choked and may well be the team we leapfrog. In saying that, broncos are playing incredible footy. Just the defence is f**king bennet bullet proof. If we win we well and truly deserve finals football. Please get some inspiration from some dragons greats this week to fire the boys up. Come on dragons.
Yes I agree Im usually happy when The Donkeys get beat......but estatic if its by us.....I will be cheering the boys on but must admit Im not very confident.....we are capable if we produce our best 80 mins but being at Suncorp they always get the rub of the green and the refs are easily influenced by the large home crowd

Old Timer

Coach
Well at least we will see how god Hunt really is, because if he is half as good as what some say he is he will tear us apart, let alone what Jimmy the Jet will do if he gets any space or the ball gets grubbered in behind our backline.
You give the Broncos any space by not having good defensive line speed for the entire game it could get very ugly.
Mc Fookknuckle will have to think long and hard about his team and bench selection for this game because if he doesn't get it 100% correct Bennett will make look like an even bigger amateur than he already is.

jeffdragon

Bench
Actually im more confident of beating bris than i was last week
I think we will step it up a notch when we play better opposition such as the broncs

gaz_head

Juniors
In the last month the broncs have beaten the Titans, a very off sharks side and have been done by storm and parra That's not to say we have been any better and yes, we have been worse. I just think the broncos are getting way too much credit for this one. It will be tight and hopefully it's our night and we get the bounce of the ball.

Well at least we will see how god Hunt really is, because if he is half as good as what some say he is he will tear us apart, let alone what Jimmy the Jet will do if he gets any space or the ball gets grubbered in behind our backline.
You give the Broncos any space by not having good defensive line speed for the entire game it could get very ugly.
Mc Fookknuckle will have to think long and hard about his team and bench selection for this game because if he doesn't get it 100% correct Bennett will make look like an even bigger amateur than he already is.

Ha, you mention the coach in the same sentence as "think long and hard"

gregstar

Referee
I am not looking forward to this game one iota.

I am very worried about the result which I feel could be a carve up.

I'd say our only chance is the forwards steam rolling them & us having a lot and a lot and a lot & possibly more of a lot of possession.

Oh.... & we need jowls to trip over & accidentally brutally stab himself with a clipboard before the weekend.

We have the attacking creativity to win this game with Dufty/Widdop and Mann in the backs.

Duges and Lafai will need to have blinders if we are to win.

Hoping our wingers lack of speed and positional play are not exposed by their sweeping back line play and kicking game.

If the forwards get on top, we can win this one.

Frizz/JDB/Vaughan/LAM/Sims/Thommo & Co must play out of their skins for 80 minutes.

Cam McInnes must run from dummy half to create some doubt around their ruck defence.

Brissy "line speed" will be difficult to combat with a weak kneed ref in charge.

We will need to get a fair share of the 50/50 calls if we are to win this one.

Can only hope that Brissy takes us as lightly as the bookies.

Crush

Coach
Yes! You did it OT! Whenever you completely write the dragons off they usually win!
Thanks mate, we all owe you a beer if the dragons get up!

Latest posts