What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Broncos

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The icing on the cake was when Mann kicked it dead on the second with a minute to go in the first half, Dugan gave him an absolute spray for the ages. The temerity to abuse a teammate for trying something in attack after the half he'd just had...f**king wanker.

What no one has noticed is that the winger was up in the line and the Broncos had no full back. The kick was long yes but pleasee see he had the vision.

Compare that to Ben Hunts kick over the line for their winger to score, similar play just better execution.

getsmarty

Immortal
What no one has noticed is that the winger was up in the line and the Broncos had no full back. The kick was long yes but pleasee see he had the vision.

Compare that to Ben Hunts kick over the line for their winger to score, similar play just better execution.

100% correct. Both Andrew Johns and Freddy Fittler stated on the Sunday footy show " Mann is one heck of a player "....Pity our coach only sees him as a bench warmer for most of this season...absolutely criminal.

JDHD

Juniors
Excellent summation
I had posted earlier in a thread Mc Crone on the bench would only be a negative and that exactly what happened
We play a side with terrific line speed and we use 2 bench players a complete catastrophe but doected from a clueless coach

Add to that the fact that it's become increasingly obvious that Lawrie's defence is nowhere near first grade standard yet, and you've got to wonder what's going on with our Cup side.

Add to that the fact that it's become increasingly obvious that Lawrie's defence is nowhere near first grade standard yet, and you've got to wonder what's going on with our Cup side.
I'm guessing you haven't seen much of the NSW Cup Head has done sfa to help that team period.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Blacksafake
Mary's use of the bench has been terrible all year.
With the way we play he sould have played a four man bench of all forwards.
With every one getting a decent time on the field.
This would bring more impact from the bench and all the player would be fresher.
I we have a injury in the back.
We have cover with mann and tommo.
the coach owns how the bench is selected and managed. our bench has added very little to our game over the past 2 years, in fact many times it has been a detriment. Mary cannot coach. shows no indication that he has a clue.

Redhoopz

Juniors
I thought the effort was there but unfortunately the few mistakes cost us. The Dragons are not good at playing catch up footy. They shift it wide too early in the sets and become way too predictable in attack.

I also think they should've dropped McCrone and picked Leilua instead, I think they could've benefited from a player with his ball playing ability. McCrone should only be selected if one of the halves or hooker is carrying a injury.

Dufty showed his class and you couldn't fault him. Dugan had a shocker, which is rare. Mann made a couple of mistakes but at least he was trying to make things happen. Mann will learn from that and I don't think you will see those type of mistakes again.

I thought the effort was there but unfortunately the few mistakes cost us. The Dragons are not good at playing catch up footy. They shift it wide too early in the sets and become way too predictable in attack.

I also think they should've dropped McCrone and picked Leilua instead, I think they could've benefited from a player with his ball playing ability. McCrone should only be selected if one of the halves or hooker is carrying a injury.

Dufty showed his class and you couldn't fault him. Dugan had a shocker, which is rare. Mann made a couple of mistakes but at least he was trying to make things happen. Mann will learn from that and I don't think you will see those type of mistakes again.

That's what I don't get.
If Leilua was good enough to blood in first grade last year, and get a new contract, why is he now not good enough to have been given a go at any stage this year?

Redhoopz

Juniors
That's what I don't get.
If Leilua was good enough to blood in first grade last year, and get a new contract, why is he now not good enough to have been given a go at any stage this year?

I don't understand it either... I mean he certainly didn't look out of place in FG last year... and there have been games this year where we have been needing a player of his ability and he doesn't even get a look in.

What I don't understand is a player like Will Matthews (didn't do anything wrong against the broncos) who was injured for the first half of the year and was named in the team as soon as he was fit (he didn't end up playing) instead of trying something different. It shows that Mary has his favorites.

I would hope that Leilua gets a crack in these last two games. He had a great combination with Dufty on the edges last season in the 20's. We have too many second rowers that cart the ball up in one out runs. We need a bit of creativity that puts the defense on the back foot.

I'm not saying that Leilua is the answer, but he provides you with something different.

hazzbeen

Bench
I don't understand it either... I mean he certainly didn't look out of place in FG last year... and there have been games this year where we have been needing a player of his ability and he doesn't even get a look in.

What I don't understand is a player like Will Matthews (didn't do anything wrong against the broncos) who was injured for the first half of the year and was named in the team as soon as he was fit (he didn't end up playing) instead of trying something different. It shows that Mary has his favorites.

I would hope that Leilua gets a crack in these last two games. He had a great combination with Dufty on the edges last season in the 20's. We have too many second rowers that cart the ball up in one out runs. We need a bit of creativity that puts the defense on the back foot.

I'm not saying that Leilua is the answer, but he provides you with something different.
You forgot one thing its a boy's club . Maybe Leilua hasn't paid his membership renewal yet ....

People will come up the the story that Illawarra are playing bad, but from all reports Head couldn't coach a penguin to slide on the ice......which I suppose makes him McGragors obvious replacement.

Redhoopz

Juniors
You forgot one thing its a boy's club . Maybe Leilua hasn't paid his membership renewal yet ....

I didn't forget, I guess it was wishful thinking....

People will come up the the story that Illawarra are playing bad, but from all reports Head couldn't coach a penguin to slide on the ice......which I suppose makes him McGragors obvious replacement.

We must be the only club that decides the head coach via a game of musical chairs in the boardroom where the only requirement, is to have no prior experience in coaching elsewhere....

Drag Queen

Bench

Dufty is a defensive liability.

Last edited: