What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Raiders - Game Day Thread

forward pass

Coach
The worst thing we can do is establish a good lead this season. It always comes back to bite us in the arse - don't know why.

forward pass

Coach
And far be it from this forum to criticise Gutho, but honestly he was as accountable as Vai in some of the tries defensively. Not to mention some awful errors from various players.

Yeah Gutho deserves some criticism today but he is playing where he shouldn't be.

I don't know what the hell he was doing when Gordon made that break up the sideline he was running in front of him the whole way?? Wtf was he doing. Very strange.

Suitman

Post Whore
I would have thought the data at the stadium from the UC weather station at Bruce would have appealed to your pedantry? Lol

Both Canberra Ap and Tuggeranong AWS's weren't reading anything like 8 degrees, but if you say so, it must have been right.
I apologise.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah Gutho deserves some criticism today but he is playing where he shouldn't be.

I don't know what the hell he was doing when Gordon made that break up the sideline he was running in front of him the whole way?? Wtf was he doing. Very strange.
Yeah i said the same thing during the game about gutho ... tho tbh had he hung back crocker gets in between them and no pass anyway ... tho at least being onside allows for a possible kick

Chipmunk

Coach
Well, yes, it was 8 degrees (rounded figures) between 10 am and 11.30.

It was 12 degrees at kick off (rounded figures) and almost 12 degrees at full time (rounded figures).
It's still chilly though, and nothing out of the ordinary for Canberran"s during winter.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60801/IDN60801.94926.shtml

Apparent Temperature is more relevant here in Canberra, or anywhere with elevation in the winter. The best App Temp at any time during the match was 6.5.

84 Baby

Referee
I think he realised that the refs weren't calling forwards passes that game

forward pass

Coach
Look the refs made a few dud calls for sure. But the Raiders were just too good. The bounce of the ball always seems to favour the good sides.

When the Raiders scored from the charged down kick, there were 6 of them there to clean up the kick - that is a good side that chase like that. And the knock on call against Robbo was a shocker - but would we have scored anyway ? All evidence says no.

And reading back through this thread after a game makes you shake your head. Why don't some of you just go support another team. If you think we are that shit and our players are shit - f**k off and find another team seriously. If you are going to support a club - then f**king "support" them!

I am pissed we lost. I was kicking the dog all afternoon. But I am proud of the team and they gave it everything. Tough winning down there at any time - let alone when they are on fire, almost top of the ladder with a near full house. Don't forget they beat the Storm last week. It just wasn't to be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The worst thing we can do is establish a good lead this season. It always comes back to bite us in the arse - don't know why.
It could be that when the favourites fall behind they get frustrated and pissy and milk penalties, and because the favourites are losing the refs become concerned they're doing something wrong so they grant those penalties.

Gronk

Staff member
Rory O'Brien (Eels) can escape suspension with an early plea for a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact charge on Brenko Lee in the 23rd of his side's loss to Canberra. The base penalty of 100 points drops to 75 on an early plea, which would mean O'Brien will only miss a game if he choose to contest unsuccessfully at judiciary.

Bevan French (Eels) has been charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw on Canberra's Jarrod Croker in the final minute of the same game. 125 base penalty means he'll only miss a week if he challenges the charge unsuccessfully - an early plea reduces his penalty to just 93 points.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29028-nrl-match-review-round-24/

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yet Moreoa gets smashed in the face last week. Concussion test, black and closed eye and misses yesterdays game but nothing. I dont think it was even a penalty. Simply unbelievable.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Nothing surprises me with Eels players getting charged for the smallest thing yet players from other clubs either trip, punch, grapple, elbow, swing their arms and get away with it.

And is it just me or do we seem to attack better from our own half in open play than close to the opposition goal line. We panic a lot and try to go sideways too much.

Had Norman been playing this whole time we would've won a few more games.

Bazal

Post Whore
We can moan about the NRL having an agenda against us....but then Semi wasn't charged for patting Chris James (was it Chris James? All refs look the same to me) on the back blatantly....

Latest posts