What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Warriors - Match Day thread

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Rabbitohs: 1. Alex Johnston 2. Bryson Goodwin 3. Aaron Gray 4. Tyrell Fuimaono 5. Campbell Graham 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. Sam Burgess 11. John Sutton 12. Angus Crichton 13. Cameron Murray. Interchange: 14. Robbie Farah 15. George Burgess 16. Kyle Turner 17. Zane Musgrove 18. Jack Gosiewski 19. Robert Jennings 20. David Tyrrell 21. Luke Kelly

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Warriors: 1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c) 2. David Fusitua 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Solomone Kata 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Kieran Foran 7. Ata Hingano 8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Nathaniel Roache 10. Sam Lisone 11. Bunty Afoa 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Simon Mannering. Interchange: 14. Issac Luke 15. Chris Satae 16. Isaiah Papalii 17. Charlie Gubb 18. Mason Lino 20. Toafofoa Sipley 21. James Bell 22. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Why is musgrove benched?
Why is Sam moved to prop?

Would like to see gosie have a bench start, at farahs expensive,especially if he's gonna leave

Travitoh

First Grade
Why is musgrove benched?
Why is Sam moved to prop?

I like it. Harsh on Musgrove but he'll still get good minutes from the bench i believe. He has had some really good performances off the pine.
I feel our prop rotation looks much stronger with Sam up front and both Musgrove and George coming on to relieve the starters. It's probably the best our bench has been for some time and has the ability to influence the game.
Big show of confidence in Murray, giving him an opportunity to show us what he can do at lock. Turner possibly named as insurance so the prop rotation isn't disrupted should Murray need a break.
Still not a fan if a hooker on the bench but it's an improvement.
Structurally, the best 17 we've named this season imo.

southsport

First Grade
Team is:

1. Alex Johnston
2. Bryson Goodwin
3. Aaron Gray
4. Tyrell Fuimaono
5. Campbell Graham
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Sam Burgess (c)
11. John Sutton
12 Angus Crichton
13. Cameron Murray

14. Robbie Farah
15. George Burgess
16.Kyle Turner
17. Zane Musgrove

18. Jack Gosiewski
19. Robert Jennings
20. David Tyrrell
21. Luke Kelly

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Musgrove stays at prop
Sam stays in the back row with murray and chricton and Sutton to the bench would be more effective.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Musgrove stays at prop
Sam stays in the back row with murray and chricton and Sutton to the bench would be more effective.

Murrays best position is lock. Sams best position is lock and prop. I understand where youre coming from but I think Sam is better suited to prop where he can just roam. Sticking him to one side of the field in second row isn't ideal.

It should be Sam and musgrove starting with tom and George on the bench.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I'm wondering why Luke Kelly has been named in no21. Are one of our halves struggling with an injury...... or maybe Kelly will be switched for Farrah? (Unlikely)

Rabbits20

Immortal
So Murray can start at lock? I thought that was self explanatory. He's the best rookie in the squad.
Lots of cranky people on Facebook who'd rather Sam playing wider.

I hope Madge still gives Sam the leeway to still wander around a bit on the field and that Sam does run a bit wider every so often if something he see's catches his eye....

Travitoh

First Grade
Lots of cranky people on Facebook who'd rather Sam playing wider.

I've seen that and struggle to understand why a player of Sam's ability would be kept to one side? Especially when we aren't weak in the back row.
I expect he'll still play somewhere around 60 minutes (unless he's carrying a niggle) and what we'll get as a result is a more efficient, damaging Sam.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I've seen that and struggle to understand why a player of Sam's ability would be kept to one side? Especially when we aren't weak in the back row.
I expect he'll still play somewhere around 60 minutes (unless he's carrying a niggle) and what we'll get as a result is a more efficient, damaging Sam.

I knew we agreed on some things ;) you're completely right. Playing in the middle of the field allows him to roam whilst playing on one side limits him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't have Facebook R20 but I have instagram and most of the fans on their are happy with Sam moving to prop. With the exception of 1 or 2.

Latest posts