What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Broncos - Gameday

Gronk

Staff member
WTF with that penalty when Milford threw the ball into Kenny's head , who was on the ground behind the ruck. Surely the ref can apply discretion to the rule. Was as blantant as a soccer dive in the penalty box.

In fact there is a lot of Hollywood about the broncos. They are drilled to try and snag penalties from the ruck when they are in posession.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
WTF with that penalty when Milford threw the ball into Kenny's head , who was on the ground behind the ruck. Surely the ref can apply discretion to the rule. Was as blantant as a soccer dive in the penalty box.

In fact there is a lot of Hollywood about the broncos. They are drilled to try and snag penalties from the ruck when they are in posession.
But but but but but Wayne wouldn't coach his players to do that sort of thing.

Gronk

Staff member
At game time 46:09 Norman shoulder charged the kick return Broncos merkin. Two rucks before Kenny got studs in the head.

Shhhhh.

isaiah

Bench
I gotta admit that, contrary to most people here, I was as much disappointed with the game as a was happy.

I know we were down on troops and left with forwards that did not have a lot of first grade minutes under their belts over the last month or so but there was still a lot of softness in our game.

The way I saw it, we knew we had it won after 15 minutes and then just did enough to keep ahead. Thursday night was the game where we needed to put our foot on a contender's throat and show no mercy. We absolutely failed to do that.

The last two tries were embarrassing. Most especially that last try, it was pure laziness.

We've got one more week to be ruthless. We cannot afford to let that opportunity slip.
But at least you popped your cherry and made the playoffs

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tell me more about that great nswrl side. I was still watching the top grade, brl. Valleys would have smashed you.
Tell us more about how we were going to miss the finals you cretin????

The Broncos are our bitches, penalty Broncos!!!

hindy111

Post Whore
I gotta admit that, contrary to most people here, I was as much disappointed with the game as a was happy.

I know we were down on troops and left with forwards that did not have a lot of first grade minutes under their belts over the last month or so but there was still a lot of softness in our game.

The way I saw it, we knew we had it won after 15 minutes and then just did enough to keep ahead. Thursday night was the game where we needed to put our foot on a contender's throat and show no mercy. We absolutely failed to do that.

The last two tries were embarrassing. Most especially that last try, it was pure laziness.

We've got one more week to be ruthless. We cannot afford to let that opportunity slip.

Agree. But in nfl they do same. Why? Conserve energy. Still up to4 games left in season.

hindy111

Post Whore
Brisbane squad should ot taken minor premiership. Embarrasing on their behalf not to make top 3

TheParraboy

Staff member

Disagree

We had troops down 2nd half, no point going busted / ruthless when we were in control of the game throughout, why? Risk management. We have proven we can play tough and go tango when needed.

Having said that some of our reads in defence was poor, that needs to be fixed.