What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 - Parramatta Eels v South Sydney Rabbitohs GAME DAY THREAD

We have overachieved but great to get to the top 4. We will lose both finals but it will be a huge learning curve for nect year. Finals experience is priceless in the long term

Pugzley

Woohoo, two shots at the finals!!!

daniel-bryan-dancing-o.gif

emjaycee

Coach
Was it just me or did anyone at the game notice that when our backs came out for the warm up, instead of the forwards joining them a few minutes later (like normal) our backs went back into the shed and we did our warm up inside?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Was it just me or did anyone at the game notice that when our backs came out for the warm up, instead of the forwards joining them a few minutes later (like normal) our backs went back into the shed and we did our warm up inside?
I didn't notice, but Gooold mentioned it before the call. Said it was b/c we are preparing for the Grand Final.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Split the season in half and our back end to the season doesn't look half bad.

First 12 games we are 6 - 6 , Last 12 games we are 10 and 2.

Broncos 8 - 4 and 8 -4

Roosters 8 -4 and 8 - 3 ( likely 9 - 3 )

Storm 10 - 2 and 9 - 2 ( likely 10 - 2 )

Gronk

Staff member
I was never worried last night. We coasted in 3rd gear, whilst the bunnies were in siege mode.

There is a lot to learn from the game. How the bunnies kept the runner upright and pushe d him backwards, slowed down the call of held and took a lot out of our continuity.

I thought all our props were pretty lackadaisical and hardly bent the line and King took no advantage of any staggered opportunities around the ruck.

On the upside our edge were good.

Beau Milat was crucial to our focus and you could see the inexperienced punks look to him for inspiration.

Some have accused BA in the past for not whining in the presser about refs, well he did that last night by asking to be able to play footy vs Storm. He wants quick play the balls.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I was never worried last night. We coasted in 3rd gear, whilst the bunnies were in siege mode.

There is a lot to learn from the game. How the bunnies kept the runner upright and pushe d him backwards, slowed down the call of held and took a lot out of our continuity.

I thought all our props were pretty lackadaisical and hardly bent the line and King took no advantage of any staggered opportunities around the ruck.

On the upside our edge were good.

Beau Milat was crucial to our focus and you could see the inexperienced punks look to him for inspiration.

Some have accused BA in the past for not whining in the presser about refs, well he did that last night by asking to be able to play footy vs Storm. He wants quick play the balls.
The Bunnies played about as good as they can I reckon and yet we covered them. I was worried, especially when Cook evaded Taka with 1 to go. Lucky he stepped inside.
Anyway all teams get a bit of luck go their way and theres not too many teams bar Storm who have been really dominating the opp. Roosters, Sharks, Manly, NQ all have been a bit off the pace in the last few weeks. I'm not sure we can beat the Storm down there, but it's game on from then I reckon and win or lose, a good performance will give us a heap of momentum IMO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I may be crazy... but honestly, I think we're a real chance against the Storm.

We all know we clock off mentally against teams we should beat - it was actually pretty encouraging that we played like rubbish most of the night, but found a way to win.

We always aim up against the good teams (except for the ambush against the Roosters).

I'm not saying it will be easy, but I honestly think we are in with a shot here.

We all know we clock off mentally against teams we should beat - it was actually pretty encouraging that we played like rubbish most of the night, but found a way to win.

We always aim up against the good teams (except for the ambush against the Roosters).

I'm not saying it will be easy, but I honestly think we are in with a shot here.

we have certainly done a nice job of hiding our strength I'm not sure that was the plan

Gronk

Staff member

Hard to gauge how we'll go vs Storm bc we hardly ever play them. This year they were origin depleted. Last year each team was at full strength but it was 2 weeks after we were docked points, we played at home in front of a measly 9,000 and they won 18-6.

emjaycee

Coach
I didn't notice, but Gooold mentioned it before the call. Said it was b/c we are preparing for the Grand Final.

Yeah, I just had it confirmed that the NRL allows on-field warm ups in semi's but not in the GF.
So BA decided if we were going to practice warming up inside, last night was our last chance.

Nice to know he is keeping 01.10.17 in the back of his mind.

Latest posts