What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs Dogs

MilanDragon

Juniors
will this be the final week of our season?

By Sunday afternoon we will know if we are still a chance of finals (assuming Cows don't beat Brisbane and a draw between Eagles and Panthers).

I hate playing the Dogs - we can never seem to beat them. It's the one team I'm never confident against, they just seem to find a way to beat us. This time they are also farewelling a few players. Will be a very tough game! Form goes out the window.

Lastly, Dugan or no Dugan? For me the attitude of putting yourself in a position to be dropped for disciplinary reasons at such a critical point says it all - his head isn't with it, his mates can't be happy with him. Leave him out!

giboz71

First Grade
I know they are a bogey team, but if I had a to pick one opponent to beat to make the semis, Dogs would be close to the top of the list (along with the Warriors).

They have been disgraceful all year, with an attack that is worse than ours from last year.

If we can't beat these muppets with the season on the line, we don't deserve to be finalists.

Belta

Juniors
Pleasure or pain.

Personally I hate the doggies. In recent years they've inflicted much pain. A season ending loss would be gut wrenching to say the least, however a victory and a finals spot would be euphoric. Dugan if the team agrees, must win..with drug users, women bashes, head kicking, alcohol fuelled candidates a plenty this is no time to get all prim and proper on us...pick our best team, ie Dugan in centres, Mann at half and kick some doggy butt or if Dugan is banished, Milne in centres, Mann to half, Mcrone to airport

Crush

Coach
Hate to say it but we need Dugan playing and firing on all cylinders. We need Mann playing at 7 and running straight and hard not sideways. We need to play direct tough footy with offloads galore.
We cannot win any other way.
High risk tough agressive footy is the only way from here on in.

blacksafake

First Grade
Recent games against the grubs have been controversial at times with them getting most of the calls. If we play smart with an up tempo game we'll get them. Kasiano has been the chief destroyer over the years so him being injured is a bonus.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Melbourne showed us all that playing a lower team on the ladder, souths still requires 80 minutes of dedicated intense football. We need to do the same against the dogs. C'mon you Dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
Hate to say it but we need Dugan playing and firing on all cylinders. We need Mann playing at 7 and running straight and hard not sideways. We need to play direct tough footy with offloads galore.
We cannot win any other way.
High risk tough agressive footy is the only way from here on in.
Agree with you and we also need to have the strongest possible bench and suggest no backs on it only forwards.
If we get an injury in the backs we have to deal with it but we should not go in with a bench anticipating it.

SBD82

Coach
This is a massive danger game.

After the effort that the boys put in this week it would be hard to get up for next week as well.

The dogs have had our number for a long time, and the last couple of weeks they have been playing carefree footy with results.

I'd be disgusted to have our season buried by a Morris. I have an awful feeling about that.

Belta

Juniors
A few unknowns leading into the dogs game. Will Packer and Dugan be in for this one? It would be nice if they both put in. Is Frizzell ok? Thought Sele and Lawrie played well. I believe our forwards hold the key to victory. If they can dominate in that area it will go along way to us winning. Will Mary use his bench players properly, pick four forwards and rotate them? F$&k I hope we win, one thing for sure the dogs will be up for it.

Vinnie

Juniors
The dogs have nothing to lose and will be throwing the ball around and why wouldn't they ?? That will put them totally open for counter attacks and knoct the wind out of them .... but we just dont have the counter punching x factor working ..... this would be a ready made game for Dufty and Field yes FIELD if fit to absolutely shine ... there is no SUBSTITUTE for SPEED and they have it !!!
I would play Dugan ... we have to but i would have hime attcaking on the wing and defending in the centres (we know he can tackle) and yes FIELD defending on the wing (yes yes i know he is fragile but hell the cenres and outside forwards need to put in and cover for him) and attacking in the centres !!! with him also roaming to 5/8 when attacking and hooking up with Mann and Dufty ... players he has played with before.
The player making way would be McDonald .... sorry but Dugan tackles better, runs better and is better under the high ball and someone had to make way ....

dragonssamy61

First Grade
A few unknowns leading into the dogs game. Will Packer and Dugan be in for this one? It would be nice if they both put in. Is Frizzell ok? Thought Sele and Lawrie played well. I believe our forwards hold the key to victory. If they can dominate in that area it will go along way to us winning. Will Mary use his bench players properly, pick four forwards and rotate them? F$&k I hope we win, one thing for sure the dogs will be up for it.

Belta
Look like both will be available.
Packer sould be ready.
Dugan will play unless there is more to the dropping then just missing the bus.
Agree 4 forwards on the bench would be the way to go.
If we can get on top in forwards just like yesterday then we sould come out on top.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The dogs have nothing to lose and will be throwing the ball around and why wouldn't they ?? That will put them totally open for counter attacks and knoct the wind out of them .... but we just dont have the counter punching x factor working ..... this would be a ready made game for Dufty and Field yes FIELD if fit to absolutely shine ... there is no SUBSTITUTE for SPEED and they have it !!!
I would play Dugan ... we have to but i would have hime attcaking on the wing and defending in the centres (we know he can tackle) and yes FIELD defending on the wing (yes yes i know he is fragile but hell the cenres and outside forwards need to put in and cover for him) and attacking in the centres !!! with him also roaming to 5/8 when attacking and hooking up with Mann and Dufty ... players he has played with before.
The player making way would be McDonald .... sorry but Dugan tackles better, runs better and is better under the high ball and someone had to make way ....

Vinnie
I like the idea re dugan .
Agree McDonald has been playing soft and we can't afford that.
Mary will not pick field.
He's to conservative in his thinking.
But you never now.
I hope we go with 4 forwards on the bench with packer back hopefully.

Old Timer

Coach
If Dugan is picked at centre and if Mc Donald is dropped (not before time) Mc Fookknuckle will find a way to push Mann to the wing which is just plain dumb and will keep Mc Crone at half which is even dumber. Matthews or heaven forbid Marketo will also most likely appear on the bench if he has his way (experience will be the excuse)

If it had to be, I would tolerate Mc Donald on the wing and Mc Crone on the bench just to get Mann to half as IMO that is the key to any success for the rest of the season.
Mann will get in behind any tired forwards and reak havoc and I suggest the Dogs in particular have some big and tired looking forwards.

Vinnie

Juniors
Vinnie
I like the idea re dugan .
Agree McDonald has been playing soft and we can't afford that.
Mary will not pick field.
He's to conservative in his thinking.
But you never now.
I hope we go with 4 forwards on the bench with packer back hopefully.
Wonder if McGregor even reads this forum ???? You know i'm not even a coach or anything like that but it just seems obvious we need that unpredictable x factor and some extra speed ... and i belive Field had a good game this weekend as did Herbet .. They both scored.
All in all i guess the same applies to us ... we have everything and nothing to lose so why not ???
Even worse ... if we make the 8 we are expected to be booted out the first week anyway So again what do we stand to lose ???? we sure as hell can't get anywhere with the predictable game we have been playing (and losing mind you) we need to throw the dice !!!!

Latest posts