What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs Dogs

Drag Queen

Bench
Well that's it for another year.

About the only thing they improved on was disappointing the fans. McGregor is just totally out of his depth at this level and has absolutely no idea about getting the best performances out of his players. There's some improvement in my opinion in the roster next year but there's no way he's going to be able to take advantage of it.

Thanks for sharing the pain this year with me everyone. It's the one thing that helps me. Knowing there's a bunch of you out there that feel it just as much as me. See you next year.
Am absolutely copping it by my mates up here in qld that support the Donkeys and Cowboys with text after text.
And even that one Dogs supporter that I still class as a mate is giving it to me big time.
Any advice on a "professional respectful reply.
Ignore, and carry on drinking mate:(

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Shits me now all the negative fans can come out in force
Jeff, I applaud your efforts to bring everyone together under a banner of positive thought.

However, the fact is that pretty much all of us already love the Club. But like most relationships, that love is not unconditional.

The same goes for family, community and country... we will never agree on everything and sometimes we will work towards a better future. We do this because we care.

By all means, please keep showing your passion. And we'll all do the same.

Perhaps that's true but I've watched this team every game this year and they've played that way a lot. I just think they are a very, very poorly coached football team. Have thought that for 2-3 years and I was one of the few that supported the initial appointment (not re-signing) of Mary. It's hard to take even though I thought the Doggies would knock us off today. Anyway, onward and upwards, no more negativity from me. I hope the Cutters and U20 can do something in the finals. They're both very good teams.
Well said mate

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Hunt and Graham will not make the slightest difference.

To many players on the books who do not care and have no pride.

Funny again its first grade where the club fails at yet Illawarra never gave up and won and the under 20's managed to finish third with such a young team.

I have on respect for any player in the team today.
Really?? We are screaming out for a leader in the backs and a leader in the forwards as well as some good wingers, Hunt and Graham fill two of these gaps, the rest is up to development. This will be the last year for some time that we miss the finals, as disappointing as it is now.

Old Timer

Coach
Really?? We are screaming out for a leader in the backs and a leader in the forwards as well as some good wingers, Hunt and Graham fill two of these gaps, the rest is up to development. This will be the last year for some time that we miss the finals, as disappointing as it is now.
Every year people come up with the messiah message re the new signings.
It was going to be Maose then Lafai then Mc Donald and they were all shit.
Vaughan exceptional and Mc Inness and upgrade but needs some help I think as 80 minutes is possibly a stretch too far.
The notion that Hunt (should be very good for us) and Graham (I think is a dud signing) will make the difference is already the wrong thinking process.
Our existing players and especially our new players need help to get this club playing high quality, consistent football and there is no one in our club that is qualified or has the ability to provide it.
It will be just more of the same crap because Mc Fookknuckle and Co don't have the skill set required and there is no getting away from the fact that a good team cannot function properly without a good coach.
More frustration coming our way and unfortunately for some it will take another 26 weeks for them to realise it.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Nope. Didn't play last week either. Mcgenius strikes again
And seriously someone like Leilua missed an opportunity to gain experience and potentially break the game like he did for the Steelers. Don't you agree that bench management (selection and use of) demonstrates clearly how McGregor cannot coach, I respect him as a dragon legend perhaps, but he cannot coach, just like Wally Lewis, Brett Kenny etc etc...

Such a waste of some serious talent in this squad, please don't waste it again in 2018.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Vaughan exceptional and Mc Inness and upgrade but needs some help I think as 80 minutes is possibly a stretch too far.
The notion that Hunt (should be very good for us) and Graham (I think is a dud signing) will make the difference is already the wrong thinking process.
Our existing players and especially our new players need help to get this club playing high quality, consistent football and there is no one in our club that is qualified or has the ability to provide it.
It will be just more of the same crap because Mc Fookknuckle and Co don't have the skill set required and there is no getting away from the fact that a good team cannot function properly without a good coach.
More frustration coming our way and unfortunately for some it will take another 26 weeks for them to realise it.
I respectfully think you are wrong about Hunt and Graham's potential positive influence on this squad which has the effect of reducing the negative influence that idiot McFooknuckle might have on them. They ain't got the balls to appoint a strong coach so it must come from elsewhere.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
O

Our fate was sealed when the decision to take the kick for a 6 points lead instead of going for their throat when we had them on the ropes. Typical un adventurist call from coach &/or captain.
I actually thought it was when Dugan crashed over under the posts but didn't get the ball down, so Dugan.

slippery5

Juniors
The only messiah message I'm waiting for is, We have a new coach !!!!!!

slippery5

Juniors
I actually thought it was when Dugan crashed over under the posts but didn't get the ball down, so Dugan.
Your possibly correct but at the time with what was left on the clock & considering we were in front we said to them "you're at least going to have to beat us in extra time"
Game Over…….

Last edited:
How can we expect to play finals footy when we lose to shit teams at the back end?

Playing this poorly when we had a good game against the panthers.. I don't get it.
You have to question the menatlity of the players as mcuh as the coaching staff.

How hard is it for a first grader to motivate himself to play for a spot in the finals imo if I was in that instance I would give it a red hot go.

Players like McCrone, Dugan, lafai, McDonald, Nightingale and Widdop for example have switched off horribly in games throughout the year which has proven costly.

The forwards have been driven into the ground by a pathetic use of the interchange bench which shows Mary doesn't given a shit how fatigued players are.

Leilua being over looked the entire season why on earth blood him last year to do that to him this year and drop Host for no particular reason how on earth can players get any confidence.

At the end of the day Mary has shown he is f**king useless and the board have shown they don't give a shit about results.

Old Timer

Coach
Anyway almost time to get back on the Swans band waggon and "cheer cheer the red and the white".
Now there's a thought mickeylane what about we sign Buddy up he'd be great for some 40/20's?

Old Timer

Coach
You have to question the menatlity of the players as mcuh as the coaching staff.

How hard is it for a first grader to motivate himself to play for a spot in the finals imo if I was in that instance I would give it a red hot go.

Players like McCrone, Dugan, lafai, McDonald, Nightingale and Widdop for example have switched off horribly in games throughout the year which has proven costly.

The forwards have been driven into the ground by a pathetic use of the interchange bench which shows Mary doesn't given a shit how fatigued players are.

Leilua being over looked the entire season why on earth blood him last year to do that to him this year and drop Host for no particular reason how on earth can players get any confidence.

At the end of the day Mary has shown he is f**king useless and the board have shown they don't give a shit about results.
Nice to be able to agree with you but sad about the circumstances.
I posted a long time ago I thought we were a dumb side with even dumber coaches and this season has yet again confirmed my opinion.
I just didn't get the Host thing at all maybe the defence of the reggies title was more important?