What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 discussion

Noa

First Grade
Dogs team looked great. I sat down with a mate and said "Dogs are probably going to get slaughtered here" but surprisingly we were great. The young forwards laid the platform and what about David Klemmer? He is honestly more impressive at that level then when I use to watch John Kite, Sam Kasiano and Martin Taupau run around.

He made over 300m, yes 300, in last weeks match and this week made 217m from 23 runs. He also made 7 offloads and they were smart. He's an amazing looking young player that the Bulldogs have tied up for while, thankfully.. What a star.

He obviously has a lot of talent and I only saw parts of the game in the weekend...

heres comes the but....

57 tackles and 19 missed. Thats a 3:1 tackles made to missed tackles ratio. So he doesnt have the highest work-rate in defence and still misses alot of tackles.

Obviously should get better with fitness but something to keep an eye on.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
i don't think so.

I think Souths offered him 80 k but he stayed at the Dogs for less than half that. That was straight out of the mouth of Peter Mulholland last year

And yeah, you can take whatever he says as gospel :sarcasm:

MatthewA

Juniors
I spoke to Andy Patmore and Klemmer.. He is on less than $100,000 and they didn't say that themselves, but it was implied. He was offered $100,000 from a couple of other Sydney based clubs and "took the pay cut" to stay at the Bulldogs.

rabbitohs2010

Juniors
I'm not sure about the years to come as his pay would increase on a long term contract but he is on far less than 100k for this year.
Back on topic tough, the boys did great over in NZ, they have an amazing forward pack and used that to capitalise on anything the warriors did wrong. Freddie had a strong game on debut i thought and Moe was very strong too at 6.

Iafeta

Referee
I thought the Bulldogs were perhaps the best pack we've faced in a year or so in the U20s. They mauled the Warriors pack.