What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 V Bulldogs

GongPanther

Referee
f**k THE REFS. They just gave obstruction for the same thing as Maloney's one.

You mean't every other obstruction that they always ruled on. That bloke in the bunker added a new paragraph to the description when he was ruling on Maloney. IMO,where the indescretion first happened is where the rule should had first been applied,and not by how Maloney reached him a second time. If Maloney had been a forward instead of a zippier half,we wouldn't have been talking about this loss.

This is an A-class tefereeing/bunker bungle. But no,we couldn't have the Dogs on 0-3 could we? At least we are in the top 8 with only 22 rounds to go.:)

OldPanther

Coach
You mean't every other obstruction that they always ruled on. That bloke in the bunker added a new paragraph to the description when he was ruling on Maloney. IMO,where the indescretion first happened is where the rule should had first been applied,and not by how Maloney reached him a second time. If Maloney had been a forward instead of a zippier half,we wouldn't have been talking about this loss.

This is an A-class tefereeing/bunker bungle. But no,we couldn't have the Dogs on 0-3 could we? At least we are in the top 8 with only 22 rounds to go.:)

Spot on. Griffin got it right in the press conference when he said we aren't a club that encourages diving but the refs certainly are.

betcats

Referee
:joy: they have scored almost half the points we have... But hey we are the boring team

They are improving, if Penrith could show that kind of improvement over one offseason ill live with the most boring footy ever but we aren't improving, we still have all the same issues as two years ago. 3 years of griffin and we are still playing the same ineffective style of footy. still struggling to start games, still cant score inside the 20, still are suspect around the edges. We've been trying to improve our attack for 3 years now and it is still f**king shit inside the 20. How long does hook need? 5 years before we can run a set play? lol

Gus and Griffin need to go they have squandered so much the last couple years.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
They are improving, if Penrith could show that kind of improvement over one offseason ill live with the most boring footy ever but we aren't improving, we still have all the same issues as two years ago. 3 years of griffin and we are still playing the same ineffective style of footy. still struggling to start games, still cant score inside the 20, still are suspect around the edges. We've been trying to improve our attack for 3 years now and it is still f**king shit inside the 20. How long does hook need? 5 years before we can run a set play? lol

Gus and Griffin need to go they have squandered so much the last couple years.

Tigers are improving lmao

mxlegend99

Referee

Tigers are improving lmao
How many tries have they conceded? Where were the teams they have played ranked?

Their attack is off. But they have so far defended well enough to win a premiership. If we had their defence we would go through undefeated. We easily have 2+ tries in us to win.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Laugh all you want but they have improved for sure its a fact, their defence has gone from dog shit to amazing in one offseason.

How many tries have they conceded? Where were the teams they have played ranked?

Their attack is off. But they have so far defended well enough to win a premiership. If we had their defence we would go through undefeated. We easily have 2+ tries in us to win.

Sorry, it was a piss-take ffs.... I forgot ya'll lacked a sense of humor .... I know their defense has been great.

I promise not to laugh again, apologies to all involved...

OldPanther

Coach
Sorry, it was a piss-take ffs.... I forgot ya'll lacked a sense of humor .... I know their defense has been great.

I wouldn't worry. It's not easy to understand tone over text like this.

betcats

Referee

I just responded with my thoughts mate grow up.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Spot on. Griffin got it right in the press conference when he said we aren't a club that encourages diving but the refs certainly are.

Griffin (even with his droll personality) dealt with this well during the presser. He had it very clear wher Penrith will be going with this. Joan sutherland centre at Penrith will be accepting Penrith Panther players for an introductory course in basic diving. :p

TheFrog

Coach
This is an A-class tefereeing/bunker bungle.
Mick Ennis to his credit was pretty vocal about this try tonight on Fox. Everyone else concentrating on the Raiders no try (which was a 100% correct call) and the reaming of the Tigers.

It was not this call that cost us the game, though. It happened in the first few minutes. The high shot on Whare that was let go in the dying moments was when we were beaten.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Mick Ennis to his credit was pretty vocal about this try tonight on Fox. Everyone else concentrating on the Raiders no try (which was a 100% correct call) and the reaming of the Tigers.

It was not this call that cost us the game, though. It happened in the first few minutes. The high shot on Whare that was let go in the dying moments was when we were beaten.

I just can't agree with that - If we'd played better in the first half, we wouldn't have had to play catch up footy - We had a few errors and defensive lapses that were more to blame than any ref call - We need to play better in the first half so these calls aren't such a detriment.

mxlegend99

Referee
Its a cop out to blame a 50/50 call early in the game. Maloney was never stopping him from there.

We started slowly for the 3rd week in a row. That's why we lost. We are terribly disciplined. Both with and without the ball. We never give up which is great. But good teams wont race out to a 14 point lead and let us back in the game. The fact we've gone close to 3 in a fow after giving up 14 point leads will mean teams will be making sure they don't slack off against us in those situations

mxlegend99

Referee
Luke Brooks dived and saved his team a try.

Should try that next time
Surprised Maloney didnt do that to be honest. He's usually a crafty bastard like that.

I dont think his head was fully in that game. Normally he's much more aware of those tiny things.

TheFrog

Coach
Its a cop out to blame a 50/50 call early in the game. Maloney was never stopping him from there.
That's irrelevent. The question is whether or not he was impeded by the decoy runner stopping derad in the defensive line. The laws of the game state you can't impede a defender, and a defender was clearly impeded. It's as simple as that.

The game has a serious problem with obstructions, they are a lottery at present.