What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 :Vs Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium @ 4.30 pm Saturday 18th March

Rsag85

Bench
They said that last week about George and he played.

But I don't think your source will get 2 from 2 wrong lol!!!!!

I believe he is hearing it from other forums. As I said before Tom looked ok and scored a try for the bears

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He couldn't have been too good, he's at norths again this week.

I don't really see who he could push out of the team to be honest. Hopefully he can justify a place for next week then. Being good at norths isn't really the equivalent to being good in first grade right?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
http://nothingbutleague.com/2017/03/15/preview-newcastle-knights-vs-south-sydney-rabbitohs-2/

Here's my Match Preview lads. Let me know what you guys think (please inbox me if you have personal questions considering some of my details are up there)

Just read it up mate, I didn't know you were doing that sort of stuff. Awesome job! I think you've nailed the part about Adam Reynolds vs Trent hodkinson. Both have represented NSW and arguably the few quality halfbacks we have. Ever thought about chucking statistics in there though?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Just read it up mate, I didn't know you were doing that sort of stuff. Awesome job! I think you've nailed the part about Adam Reynolds vs Trent hodkinson. Both have represented NSW and arguably the few quality halfbacks we have. Ever thought about chucking statistics in there though?
Cheers mate. What kind of stats? I chucked a few in there about AJ's record and our record over them in recent years, unless you were talking about Reynolds and Hodkinson? In that case I probably should have haha.

Pommy

Coach
Can we drop Farah for Saturday please.

NRL milestone games haven't exactly gone to plan for Robbie Farah.

He lost on debut in 2003, and has since suffered the same fate in his 50th, 100th, 150th and 200th career games.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I believe he is hearing it from other forums. As I said before Tom looked ok and scored a try for the bears
I'll take your word for it.

Imo it seems they don't like the Burgi on that other forum.

Maybe Southy should give Diego the link to that forum as he'd get along well with them!!!!

doyen

Bench
Oh yeah that's right.
Bet Reynolds never lives that down

They both couldn't run out of sight on a dark night!!!

Joey JOHNS described AR as "Barney RUBBLE" running away when he scored an intercept try--I think last season!!

I had a good chuckle with that!!

MARCH 15 2017 - 4:19PM
PRINT
LICENSE ARTICLE
South Sydney hooker Robbie Farah part of 'Rabbitohs family' and wants to retain Origin jumper

An unburdened Robbie Farah has no plans to follow fellow NSW leader Paul Gallen into representative retirement after revealing he already feels a part of the "Rabbitohs family" as South Sydney plan a tribute before his 250th game on Saturday.

Stopping short of confirming he will set his sights on 300 NRL games – if Farah plays the majority of Rabbitohs' games for the remainder of his two-year deal he will be on the brink of the mark – the 33-year-old claims his football is free of distractions and body capable of soldiering on beyond a 16th top grade season at the end of 2018.

And there are no plans to surrender his NSW No.9 jumper despite Laurie Daley fast tracking the Blues' Gen Next when blooding seven rookies during last year's Origin series.

"First and foremost I've got to play good footy and give myself the best possible chance of being picked," Farah said. "Whilst Laurie and selectors think I'm the best choice I'd love to put my hand up again.

"The Origin jersey means a lot to me. It's something I love so much. As long as I'm playing good footy for the Rabbitohs I'd like to think I'm a chance."

Having had a self-confessed "shocker" at training during the week before the round two demolition of Manly, Farah is hoping his milestone match against the Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium will be a lot more memorable than previous ones.

There were discussions about Farah's 250th being played at Leichhardt Oval against the Tigers, but broadcasters wanted the match to be the Friday night feature of the opening round in which his old club tormented the Rabbitohs.

It was a game in which South Sydney lost captain Greg Inglis for the season, but Farah said he is relishing a role outside of the club's leadership group.

"The talks I had with Madge [coach Michael Maguire] before I came here [were along the lines], 'I just want to enjoy my footy, I want that to be my sole focus'," Farah said. "There's no secret in the past there's been a lot of distractions for me. That probably took away from my enjoyment of the game.

"For me from day one it's been head down to train hard and get the best out of my football. The club and Madge have provided that platform for me. I've really, really enjoyed it.

"I really feel like I'm apart of the Rabbitohs family already and I know they've got plans to make it a special milestone. I'm really taken aback by that. I've only been here for a short time, but for them to go out of their way shows the care they've got for me.

"I've always prided myself on my hard work and training ethic. When the day comes where I can't train hard or don't want to train hard then I will give it away. My whole career has been doing that extra bit of training to give myself that extra bit of edge."

Farah revealed he was stunned by the admissions of troubled ex-teammate Tim Simona, who has stayed in contact with the Rabbitohs hooker since being deregistered for gambling on opposition players, himself to score and against the Tigers in matches last year.

"He's a good friend and still is," Farah said. "I've had contact with him to make sure he's OK. It's not easy for someone to come out and admit the issues they have in their life, but he's been a man about it.

"He's owned up to his faults and as a friend we've just got to be there to support him and make sure he's OK and get himself back on track. That's all I wish for at the moment."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-to-retain-origin-jumper-20170315-guygfd.html

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
MARCH 15 2017 - 4:19PM
PRINT
LICENSE ARTICLE
South Sydney hooker Robbie Farah part of 'Rabbitohs family' and wants to retain Origin jumper

An unburdened Robbie Farah has no plans to follow fellow NSW leader Paul Gallen into representative retirement after revealing he already feels a part of the "Rabbitohs family" as South Sydney plan a tribute before his 250th game on Saturday.

Stopping short of confirming he will set his sights on 300 NRL games – if Farah plays the majority of Rabbitohs' games for the remainder of his two-year deal he will be on the brink of the mark – the 33-year-old claims his football is free of distractions and body capable of soldiering on beyond a 16th top grade season at the end of 2018.

And there are no plans to surrender his NSW No.9 jumper despite Laurie Daley fast tracking the Blues' Gen Next when blooding seven rookies during last year's Origin series.

"First and foremost I've got to play good footy and give myself the best possible chance of being picked," Farah said. "Whilst Laurie and selectors think I'm the best choice I'd love to put my hand up again.

"The Origin jersey means a lot to me. It's something I love so much. As long as I'm playing good footy for the Rabbitohs I'd like to think I'm a chance."

Having had a self-confessed "shocker" at training during the week before the round two demolition of Manly, Farah is hoping his milestone match against the Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium will be a lot more memorable than previous ones.

There were discussions about Farah's 250th being played at Leichhardt Oval against the Tigers, but broadcasters wanted the match to be the Friday night feature of the opening round in which his old club tormented the Rabbitohs.

It was a game in which South Sydney lost captain Greg Inglis for the season, but Farah said he is relishing a role outside of the club's leadership group.

"The talks I had with Madge [coach Michael Maguire] before I came here [were along the lines], 'I just want to enjoy my footy, I want that to be my sole focus'," Farah said. "There's no secret in the past there's been a lot of distractions for me. That probably took away from my enjoyment of the game.

"For me from day one it's been head down to train hard and get the best out of my football. The club and Madge have provided that platform for me. I've really, really enjoyed it.

"I really feel like I'm apart of the Rabbitohs family already and I know they've got plans to make it a special milestone. I'm really taken aback by that. I've only been here for a short time, but for them to go out of their way shows the care they've got for me.

"I've always prided myself on my hard work and training ethic. When the day comes where I can't train hard or don't want to train hard then I will give it away. My whole career has been doing that extra bit of training to give myself that extra bit of edge."

Farah revealed he was stunned by the admissions of troubled ex-teammate Tim Simona, who has stayed in contact with the Rabbitohs hooker since being deregistered for gambling on opposition players, himself to score and against the Tigers in matches last year.

"He's a good friend and still is," Farah said. "I've had contact with him to make sure he's OK. It's not easy for someone to come out and admit the issues they have in their life, but he's been a man about it.

"He's owned up to his faults and as a friend we've just got to be there to support him and make sure he's OK and get himself back on track. That's all I wish for at the moment."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-to-retain-origin-jumper-20170315-guygfd.html

NSW don't have another hooker option anyway I can't see why he wouldn't be there. Nathan peats is 100% not what we need. Ennis was our only other decent hooker and he's gone now.

southsport

First Grade
NSW don't have another hooker option anyway I can't see why he wouldn't be there. Nathan peats is 100% not what we need. Ennis was our only other decent hooker and he's gone now.

Yep, there are some solid hookers around but apart from Farah I don't think any of them are of origin quality.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yep, there are some solid hookers around but apart from Farah I don't think any of them are of origin quality.

Yeah which is really worrying for when Farah does go. We don't need another hooker who just rallies up tackle counts and never runs or kicks. Smith and Farah in my opinion are the two best hookers in the game because they go beyond their position to relieve their playmakers and forward packs. Smith is especially extraordinary. Just watching him lead the storm to victory against the warriors last week against the rain was class. I don't know if we'll see another hooker like him.