What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 :Vs Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium @ 4.30 pm Saturday 18th March

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's not the attitude mate. that's worse that tipping against souths in a tipping comp :0
Sorry but I'm just being honest!!!!!!

I'm not going into tipping stuff.

I'm doing 2gb tipping and backing Souths every week!!!!!!

I don't wish to get into any arguments.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
tom should be in the 17 to get either dud turner or dud clarks spot the dont knowers know nothing and tom will be taking clarks spot i reckon very soon see if i am wrong they are both duds and tom will get their spots soon remember my words.The dont knowers you will see that i am right its only a matter of 1 week or 2 or 3 weeks before this happens so then you can call me a do-knower when tburgi makes the 17 very very very soon just ask r20 he knows i am right...Shadow...

Rsag85

Bench
tom should be in the 17 to get either dud turner or dud clarks spot the dont knowers know nothing and tom will be taking clarks spot i reckon very soon see if i am wrong they are both duds and tom will get their spots soon remember my words.The dont knowers you will see that i am right its only a matter of 1 week or 2 or 3 weeks before this happens so then you can call me a do-knower when tburgi makes the 17 very very very soon just ask r20 he knows i am right...Shadow...

Who made the most tackles in round 2 for us? Turner 33 the nearest one was Sam at 25. He is a dud? Mate you have no idea what you are talking about

Newcastle Knights have size advantage over South Sydney's forwards and bench | poll
ROBERT DILLON
15 Mar 2017, 5:41 p.m.
r0_0_3000_2000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FOR five years they have been bullied and bulldozed by the giant forwards of South Sydney.

But on Saturday at McDonald Jones Stadium, the Newcastle Knights might finally have the necessary muscle to stand up for themselves against their long-time nemeses.

Dating back to 2012, Souths have won seven consecutive games against Newcastle, by a combined scoreline of 261-72, or 37-10 on average. In most of those games, the Knights have been simply unable to contain the Rabbitohs up front.

Former coach Wayne Bennett even admitted in his first season at Newcastle that his players had been physically intimidated by the sheer size of the Souths pack.

But man for man, pound for pound, the Knights should have nothing to fear on Saturday. According to statistics on the respective club websites, Newcastle’s starting six and bench will hold a slight size advantage over Souths – 1046 kilograms, compared to 1041kg.

Heavyweights Daniel (125kg) and Jacob Saifiti (119kg) and Josh Starling (115kg) will go head to head with Sam (116kg) and George Burgess (120kg), who last week showed glimpses of their best form in Souths’ 38-18 demolition of Manly.

Knights back-rower Sione Mata’utia – whose second NRL game was a 50-10 hiding from Souths in Cairns in 2014 – said the Rabbitohs were still a daunting prospect, even with key players like Greg Inglis unavailable.

“We’ve got to aim up in the middle,’’ he said. “I think that’s where the game is going to be won this week … we’re aware of what they can do and their potential.

“If we’re intimidated or not, we’ve still got to get the job done.

“I think our boys will definitely aim up.

“The young boys up front, with Saifiti and the old head of Starlo, I think they’re definitely going to have a good game and match it with the boys up there.’’

Bench prop Jack Stockwell, who has scored a try in each of Newcastle’s game this year, agreed that the key to victory would be containing Souths in the middle.

“They’ve got a big forward pack and they really look to dominate through the middle of the ruck,’’ Stockwell said.

“You’ve got Johnny Sutton coming back through the middle, and Sam Burgess with his offloads and that kind of thing, so it’s a really big part of our game this week, trying to stop them in the middle.’’

Can the Knights defeat South Sydney?
YesNo
VoteView Results
Starling and back-rower Jamie Buhrer are the only Newcastle forwards to have played in winning teams against Souths, during their years at Manly. Buhrer has won five of his nine games against Rabbitohs, and Starling three of seven.

Stockwell said he felt full of confidence after doubling his NRL try tally in the past two weeks.

“I’m just pretty happy to get the two meat pies,’’ he said. “To be honest. I probably haven’t done that in the under-14s with Picton Magpies …

“It’s been good just to get a good start to the season.

“That’s what I hoped to do, and that’s what I have done. It’s given me confidence to keep going from here, just keep building on my game, and everyone’s game.

“It’s given the whole team a lot of confidence.’’

Utility forward Robbie Rochow will play against Newcastle for the first time since leaving the Knights at the end of last season.

Rochow, who played 72 games for Newcastle, has appeared in both games for Souths this season.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4533321/knights-size-up-souths-big-men/?cs=306

doyen

Bench
That's right, how could I forget? Cam is definitely origin quality! :D

At present,with Peats out injured,if Farah gets injured, McInnes would possibly be next cab off the rank for SOO.
He is a very tough little bloke with a good defensive game[probably well-suited to SOO] & has already been selected for SOO camps!!

rabbitohs95

Bench
At present,with Peats out injured,if Farah gets injured, McInnes would possibly be next cab off the rank for SOO.
He is a very tough little bloke with a good defensive game[probably well-suited to SOO] & has already been selected for SOO camps!!
Watch them pick Pearce.

Another genuine options is Peter Wallace, who has really matured at hooker.

Atm I'd have the pecking order as Farah, Peats, Wallace, McInnes

doyen

Bench
Watch them pick Pearce.

They'd probably come up with a stopgap but McInnes could be closer than you think!!

Peats is out again with a shoulder injury,& even though he's a good,tough player, he would be a risk for SOO with his ongoing injury probs.
Wallace,would they really look to the future with him???

I think McInnes has a fair bit of support too with blokes like Buderus on his side & being in the SOO training camps.

He could even be next cab off the rank but I agree it will probably be someone like Pearce--Pearce could,of course,be halfback due to his history with Maloney!!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
McTurtle origin, you're kidding imo.

Nowhere near ready or up to the standard of that.
Yeah a junior kangaroo rep certainly couldn't be a SOO player.

Watch them pick Pearce.

I'd prob have mcinnes slightly in front of Wallace.
Mcinnes has always been touted as a NSW hooker

DiegoNT

First Grade
Mcinnes as origin hooker isn't that far fetched. Peats would be the obvious next in line, but he is injured. Farah would probably be in as incumbent but if he was unavailable to it would be between Mcinnes and Wallace. Mcinnes has the defence. All origin players are picked on defence first. He has already took part in the pathway programs, the new hooker coach (buderus) rates him highly and his started the year well for the dragons. Simply their aren't many options. Looking at all 16 first choice hookers, Granville, McCullough, friend, ballin, Smith are Queenslanders. Api, Luke and hodgson are foreigners. Lichaa is average. Brailey and pritchard are younger rookies, kostjacyn is injured, peats as well, leaving Farah, Wallace and mcinnes

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd have Cook ahead of McTurtle actually.

Cook is developing much quicker!!!!!!

McTurtle can only tackle. He's average at everything else!!!!! It just doesn't cut it at origin level.

If McTurtle was still with us he'd be playing for the Bears.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'd have Cook ahead of McTurtle actually.

Cook is development much quicker!!!!!!
Apart from the fact that 'cook is development much quicker!!!!!' Is not a real sentence, you have to consider that Mcinnes has played more first grade games, has captained junior kangaroos and been picked in origin development squads, and is now an established NRL starter you'd have to say Mcinnes development is further along the line then cook despite being 3 years younger. If you could take the 'I hate mcinnes' goggles of you'd see that