What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Roosters

TeamSatan

Juniors
Edwards deserves to stay.

He has that instinct we need.

DWZ and Hiku can play reserve grade for a game or two.

To many quality players ATM.

Can't wait to be there on Saturday.

Get to the game if possible, We need to make some noise.

greynurse

Juniors
There was a noticeable change in our wingers metres on Sunday compared to the Dragons game ,and I think it is due to fitness. I think we need wingers like Dallin and Mansour to comeback with some match fitness. We saw that with Edwards being fit coming off no injury and match experience that he was making good metres and fast play the ball against the tigers helping our go forward. We had no punch due to 2 players coming from ACL against the Dragons. Also Blake played wing on Sunday. I think
Dallin should play NSW cup to work on fitness. He will play fullback and May back to the halves.

Edwards deserves to stay.

He has that instinct we need.

DWZ and Hiku can play reserve grade for a game or two.

To many quality players ATM.

Can't wait to be there on Saturday.

Get to the game if possible, We need to make some noise.

Carty should be rested, as suggested by many. But if DWZ is fit he will be playing.

tripster

Juniors
What is with teams naming so many players on the bench in the team lists these days? Is it to keep the opposite coach guessing about who will actually play and make it more difficult to prepare strategies targeting specific players? I really don't think the coach or the players have any doubt come Tuesday each week who will be playing (save in the case of maybe one player at most).

TheFrog

Coach
New team naming rules. Two players drop off the 21 on Thursday/Friday and the final 17 is named one hour before kickoff. You are now not allowed to bring in players from outside the 21 without special permission.

betcats

Referee
I know there's a couple guys who are likely unavailable in that team but that is a deep 21 man squad, all FG quality atleast.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Love playing the Roosters - Always brings back 03 memories :) Should be a good game if we play to our potential - I'm thinking it'll be a close one though.

What is with teams naming so many players on the bench in the team lists these days? Is it to keep the opposite coach guessing about who will actually play and make it more difficult to prepare strategies targeting specific players? I really don't think the coach or the players have any doubt come Tuesday each week who will be playing (save in the case of maybe one player at most).

Its a new rule brought in this year by the NRL. Every club must name 4 extra players on Tuesday for a squad of 21.

The NRL hopes the changes will limit the common practice of coaches naming ‘bogus’ teams, including the deliberate ploy of not naming a star player ahead of their comeback from injury or so too, the debut of a rising star in bid to reduce the risk of inside information being traded for gambling.

2 players must be cut 24 hours before kick off. Then the usual 17 is finalised 1 hour before kick off.
Anyone that gets injured in the warm up will have to be replaced by someone in the original 21 man squad for the week.
Coaches were told that unlike previous seasons, they will no longer be allowed to use any player who isn’t named within the original 21-man squad.
So this week for example anyone named outside the 21 man squad on Tuesday (i.e. Mitch Rein) can't play FG.
unless a special exemption is granted by the NRL.

MrBlack

Juniors
I like DWZ but pretty happy with Edwards in there getting the experience. He's quality

I like Edwards, a lot. However the Roosters are bringing SKD and Toupu as wingers this game. I would just prefer to have DWZ mark up against one of them (if fit).

I can just see Edwards being targeted in defence (and high balls) in this one.

Exsilium

First Grade
Pearce has been on solid form for the last 10 games. No f**ks given by him and it's improved his game ten fold.Roosters have broken the shackles a bit and look far improved. This will be tough but I think we will get the points.

tripster

Juniors
Its a new rule brought in this year by the NRL. Every club must name 4 extra players on Tuesday for a squad of 21.

The NRL hopes the changes will limit the common practice of coaches naming ‘bogus’ teams, including the deliberate ploy of not naming a star player ahead of their comeback from injury or so too, the debut of a rising star in bid to reduce the risk of inside information being traded for gambling.

2 players must be cut 24 hours before kick off. Then the usual 17 is finalised 1 hour before kick off.
Anyone that gets injured in the warm up will have to be replaced by someone in the original 21 man squad for the week.
Coaches were told that unlike previous seasons, they will no longer be allowed to use any player who isn’t named within the original 21-man squad.
So this week for example anyone named outside the 21 man squad on Tuesday (i.e. Mitch Rein) can't play FG.
unless a special exemption is granted by the NRL.

Thanks for clearing that up. It still seems odd, however, that we'd name Hiku in our 21. Surely he is no chance of playing.

Thanks for clearing that up. It still seems odd, however, that we'd name Hiku in our 21. Surely he is no chance of playing.

No worries.
Hiku would be no chance with that eye.Too much of a risk so soon. I think Griffin just named him to fill the extra spot rather than naming someone else. Like Flanagan has done with Holmes the past 2 weeks.

Look like Carty won't play. Didn't train yesterday. Smart thing would be to give him a week or 2 off then ease him back in from the bench.

Kilkenny

Coach
Hopefully the second set of scans are the same as the first and reveal no major concerns for Bryce.

Our forwards are the key to this game. They simply have to out muscle the Roosters pack and win the battle up front.

It would also help if we get a fair shake from the match officials and at the very least get an even share of penalties. We have been on the receiving end in the first two games.

It would be great to put on a good showing in our first home game and come away with a solid win.