What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Roosters

Valheru

Coach
There is no level playing field. I am so over the concept of thinking we go into a game with a 50 per cent chance of getting the calls that count. The big calls went against us tonight and they cost us a chance of winning this game. I am so over it. The Roosters got the two points on the back of some huge calls in there favour.

At some point you have to recognise your own deficiencies. The pass was forward but that's life.

Other than that the tupou on the touch line was wrong but lead to nothing more than a roosters mistake, 1 of 17 which your team failed to take advantage of.

The last play was not high and was outstanding defence. You guys had most of the field position and scored 1 try off a miracle ball which is the real reason you lost the game

Fangs

Coach
The Moylan to 5/8 debate is so f**king over. If don't agree you have no idea

If Moylan played 5/8 tonight Roosters would have won 13+

They went hard at our right side defence. I thought Whare was unbelievable. Can be excuse for an occassional laps.

Imagine Moylan and Cartwright defending alongside each other...what a disaster that would be.

I have been happy with Martin in attack and defence in the first 3 rounds. I think the spine is set for a while to come.

mxlegend99

Referee
Why is Blake now out on the opposite wing? Hiku and Whare are undeservedly getting NRL spots.

Our best centre pairin is Blake and Peachey. Our best fit winger pairing is Edwards and DWZ. But hook is seemingly trying to fprce averave players in.

Copperhead

Juniors
Why is Blake now out on the opposite wing? Hiku and Whare are undeservedly getting NRL spots.

Our best centre pairin is Blake and Peachey. Our best fit winger pairing is Edwards and DWZ. But hook is seemingly trying to fprce averave players in.

Blake was good in the few things he did, but Griffin has taken one of our strike players out of the game, and ruined the partnership he had built last season with DWZ, to fit in a player we all know isn't going to be retained.
Yes, Whare defended well, but we lost and only scored one try.

mxlegend99

Referee
Blake was good in the few things he did, but Griffin has taken one of our strike players out of the game, and ruined the partnership he had built last season with DWZ, to fit in a player we all know isn't going to be retained.
Yes, Whare defended well, but we lost and only scored one try.
Exactly. Bkake and DWZ were terrific together last season and Blake had made that centre position his own. Then he gets punted for Whare who has been great for us but never actually earned his spot back. Blake is currently the better player.

Hiku didnt have to earn a spot either. They just get them despite players performing better than them. Are we going to keep them all in the team when Mansour returns?

Missing a full season for Whare and 2/3s of one for Hiku should have changed the pecking order. Peachey and Blake were the guys carving up for us last year in the centres. They earned tge riggt to call those positions their own atleast until they played shit or Whare/Hiku earned them back.

Been banging on about this for a while, but still

1.DWZ/Edwards
2 Edwards/DWZ
3.Blake
4.Peachey
5.Whare
6. Moylan
7. Cleary

It's not to say TMM has done much wrong, I just think this is a better fit.

Our attack will be less disjointed with fewer playmakers & the backline has more pace.

If Moylan played 5/8 tonight Roosters would have won 13+

They went hard at our right side defence. I thought Whare was unbelievable. Can be excuse for an occassional laps.

Imagine Moylan and Cartwright defending alongside each other...what a disaster that would be.

I have been happy with Martin in attack and defence in the first 3 rounds. I think the spine is set for a while to come.

Easy fix for Cartwright; either he improves his defence quick smart or he'll improve it in NSW cup, because it's not FG quality.

age.s

First Grade
I was really impressed with TMMs defence. He's only a little guy but he made some great tackles on guys bigger than him and always puts his body on the line.

mxlegend99

Referee
So was I the only one who thought RCG looked better than he has in a while? He looked far more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Running harder then he has in a long time. More like he did in the All Stars match.

Can still miss a tackle. But he stood up to a more fancied pack and looked the part IMO. Great signs for him.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Been banging on about this for a while, but still

1.DWZ/Edwards
2 Edwards/DWZ
3.Blake
4.Peachey
5.Whare
6. Moylan
7. Cleary

It's not to say TMM has done much wrong, I just think this is a better fit.

Our attack will be less disjointed with fewer playmakers & the backline has more pace.

Whare should not be on the wing. Ever.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I was really impressed with TMMs defence. He's only a little guy but he made some great tackles on guys bigger than him and always puts his body on the line.

He was great in that respect. Both of our halves seem a little tentative ball in hand at the moment, though, as you would expect from a couple of guys so young.

Copperhead

Juniors
So was I the only one who thought RCG looked better than he has in a while? He looked far more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Running harder then he has in a long time. More like he did in the All Stars match.

Can still miss a tackle. But he stood up to a more fancied pack and looked the part IMO. Great signs for him.

His best game in a long time. The challenge of facing JWH and Nappa I suppose.

The value of using Kikau for 19min ?

martielang

Bench
MX you've been on Whares dick the last 5 years but now when it suits your arguement he's just 'an average player'.

We played well, got a few average calls and unfortunately lost. That's footy. Credit to Roosters for sticking in there and getting the points.

The team was a correct one IMO. There is no way based on the last two weeks, you'd make any sort of major changes to our line up. TMM was exceptional in defence and looked dangerous with the football, Moylan will be playing fullback for the foreseeable future and rightly so. Instead of pointing the blame at the number on his back, maybe Moylan just needs to improve and make better decisions. Crazy thought hey.

Our defence forced a hell of a lot of errors from the Roosters which is a massive positive. Our structure is looking a hell of a lot better too.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah honestly if the thouch judge doesn't have his eyes painted on we're here talking about our rock solid defence and disciplined kicking game in dour conditions. I thought we were marginally the better team in a tight game against one of the competition favourites. I don't like losing but this isn't a game worth going to panic stations over.

That said I think Hiku offers next to nothing off the bench.

Latest posts