What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Storm

Probably Jack, though RCG would probably have been in the firing line if he didn’t pull out what was a much better performance yesterday.

mxlegend99

Referee
I would drop Hetherington. But I wouldnt risk Kikau this week unless he's 100%. Which IMO seems unrealistic to expect.

So same 17 for me. With MWZ keeping his spot.

luv my panfas

Juniors
I would drop Hetherington. But I wouldnt risk Kikau this week unless he's 100%. Which IMO seems unrealistic to expect.

So same 17 for me. With MWZ keeping his spot.
Good call mx but i doubt that will happen if mansour fit hell be back in He needs game time anyway to remind him his hands aint his feet

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Not sure if we have the attack to beat the Storm this early in the season. Kikau playing will certainly help.

martielang

Bench
Is Kikau fit already?

Not sure it’s worth risking him tbh. You’d assume the pitch might be a bit heavy as well given it’s a regional ground & we’ve had decent rain.

tripster

Juniors
Is Kikau fit already?

Not sure it’s worth risking him tbh. You’d assume the pitch might be a bit heavy as well given it’s a regional ground & we’ve had decent rain.

Risk of coming back too early from an MCL injury is that you then do your ACL. I wouldn’t be risking him.

franklin2323

Immortal
if Mansour is fit. Whare would miss out imo. I am a Whare fan but he looks cooked

I'd run this team:

Edwards
Mansour
DWZ
Blake
MWZ
Maloney
Cleary
Leota
Katoa
Tamou
JFH
Winterstein
Yeo

RCG
Kikau
Hetherington
Egan

Fangs

Coach
Kikau was out so I had RCG in my team against Newcastle but would have been very tempted to drop him. Turned out his best performance since the middle of last year.

On the same thinking I wouldn't keep Mansour out of the team. Our backline depth isn't the best and I don't think MWZ did enough to keep his spot. He will play this weekend.

Kikau will be a big bonus if he plays. If our forwards put on another big game we might be able to punch through the storm late in the match. I've been pretty happy with our defense overall. I think it will be a tight contest.

franklin2323

Immortal
Kikau was out so I had RCG in my team against Newcastle but would have been very tempted to drop him. Turned out his best performance since the middle of last year.

On the same thinking I wouldn't keep Mansour out of the team. Our backline depth isn't the best and I don't think MWZ did enough to keep his spot. He will play this weekend.

Kikau will be a big bonus if he plays. If our forwards put on another big game we might be able to punch through the storm late in the match. I've been pretty happy with our defense overall. I think it will be a tight contest.

It is good to have selection issues unlike the last few years of last guy standing..

A tight game is why RCG and Kikau off the bench could be what we need to change the course of it

mxlegend99

Referee

MWZ did very well. So much better than Josh in Round 1.

137m gained
1 try assist (a beauty aswell)
He earned us quick play the balls
0 errors or penalties conceded
Only missed 1 tackle.

I like Josh... and I think he deserved a chance in Round 2 to attempt to redeem himself. But when he is injured and his replacement has a better game than him IMO he should be forced to earn his spot back.

Obviously Ivan won't do that. But on form I think our top 17 is stronger with MWZ and that he and his brother fire each other up to run harder and faster.

Josh will get a run against Storm if fit. Im certain of that. But I hope we make the tough decision sooner rather than later if he's unable to improve.