What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Tigers

Panther Mick

Juniors
We might as well start this thread now.
I expect the Tigers to come out fired up and I expect a bit of heat this week from the media on us.

For us Kikau and Yeo coming back will be a big boost. Edwards needs to be dropped among others.

If only we could get some tries out of our backs and creativity from our halves.

Fangs

Coach
I think they will persevere with Edwards, though I don't really see how dropping him hurts our chances. He will definately come back into the team later.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ivan never drops players. Edwards will play. Why did DWZ start the 2nd half off the field. He might be in some doubt..

Surely we get up for this game.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Storm were at full strength and we were missing two key players. We were always going to be up against it.

I don’t see it is the time to ‘drop’ players on the back of what happened last night.

I’m my opinion the only changes should be to accommodate the return of Kikau & Yeo.

I think we need to show more faith in our players that they willl come good. If we perform poorly again on Friday night against the West’s Tigers then reassess then.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Storm were at full strength and we were missing two key players. We were always going to be up against it.

I don’t see it is the time to ‘drop’ players on the back of what happened last night.

I’m my opinion the only changes should be to accommodate the return of Kikau & Yeo.

I think we need to show more faith in our players that they willl come good. If we perform poorly again on Friday night against the West’s Tigers then reassess then.

It's not what happened last night. It is what happened all year the changes made aren't working. Need start building towards something

Kilkenny

Coach
It's not what happened last night. It is what happened all year the changes made aren't working. Need start building towards something
We are three games in. Other than for injuries Ivan has largely selected his best available team. I’m not against changes but I think most of the players who have not been at there best deserve another opportunity. A good win and a much improved performance against the Tigers is the spark that’s needed. I can’t guarantee it will happen but I’m confident we’ll put on our best performance of the season this Friday night.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are three games in. Other than for injuries Ivan has largely selected his best available team. I’m not against changes but I think most of the players who have not been at there best deserve another opportunity. A good win and a much improved performance against the Tigers is the spark that’s needed. I can’t guarantee it will happen but I’m confident we’ll put on our best performance of the season this Friday night.

After 30 mins last night we had 30 tackles inside 20 to their 0. We were all over Knights for the 1st 20 in the 2nd half.

Not saying wholesale changes. Luai was playing plenty of hooker in an undermanned NSW Cup that is undefeated.

Put him in the 9. Blake back to left centre. Whare back to right centre. Of course Kikau will help too. All of that will get some fluency

Panfa

Juniors
1.edwards 2.mansour 3.whare 4.blake 5.zelezniak 6.maloney 7.cleary 13.fisher harris 12.yeo 11.kikau 10.campbell gillard 9.egan 8.tamou 14.Sele 15.grant 16.winterstein 17.luai

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

The weather over in Bathurst last night was perfect for the storm too. Real Melbourne weather.

GongPanther

Referee
The weather over in Bathurst last night was perfect for the storm too. Real Melbourne weather.
I think we are an overall poor weather club. Since the 2003 GF, no matter what year it is, we simply can't play in the wet.

We'll come good in time, starting with this Friday.

martielang

Bench
Edwards is a much better player than what he’s shown, his confidence is currently shot.

Really depends what personality Edwards is & what he responds too. He might bounce back & regain confidence if Ivan gives him another shot, or he may be someone who needs to go back to NSW Cup & get his confidence there. I guess this is why Ivan’s on the big bucks, I’d back his decision either way (on that particular choice).

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards is a much better player than what he’s shown, his confidence is currently shot.

Really depends what personality Edwards is & what he responds too. He might bounce back & regain confidence if Ivan gives him another shot, or he may be someone who needs to go back to NSW Cup & get his confidence there. I guess this is why Ivan’s on the big bucks, I’d back his decision either way (on that particular choice).

It isn't like Dallin himself is carving up. No guarantee he goes any better

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Yeo and Kikau back... Can't wait..

Id be dropping Edwards for a few weeks, moving DWZ into the 1 and his brother out on the wing.

We will win this game, and we will win well...

By all reports Packer was dirrrrty on IC for leaving, shouldnt be too hard to get under his skin, force him into lashing out and losing his cool...

Fangs

Coach
We are the bad guys in this one. This must be how Manly fans feel every round.

Expecting a win, not much else. Would like us to start moving towards just one hooker in the 17. Luai is no hooker but he adds plenty of value now peachey/may are out of the picture. We need him on that bench.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are the bad guys in this one. This must be how Manly fans feel every round.

Expecting a win, not much else. Would like us to start moving towards just one hooker in the 17. Luai is no hooker but he adds plenty of value now peachey/may are out of the picture. We need him on that bench.

Luai played plenty of 9 in NSW Cup on the weekend. Personally I'd make him FB but hooker works too.

Oh and Put Blake back at left centre.

Fangs

Coach
Luai played plenty of 9 in NSW Cup on the weekend. Personally I'd make him FB but hooker works too.

Oh and Put Blake back at left centre.

I was told that he was killing it until he moved to 9 on the weekend. If he is in the top 17 I'd prefer if it was in another position.

FB isn't the worst idea and with our attack being so garbage it may help. Or maybe the old 'floater' role if that even exists anymore. Many great floaters over the years right?

I'm gonna assume the Blake thing was a one off.

franklin2323

Immortal
I was told that he was killing it until he moved to 9 on the weekend. If he is in the top 17 I'd prefer if it was in another position.

FB isn't the worst idea and with our attack being so garbage it may help. Or maybe the old 'floater' role if that even exists anymore. Many great floaters over the years right?

I'm gonna assume the Blake thing was a one off.

He was killing it. 3 outside backs were on the bench so lack of go forward was why it changed more so then moving him.

We need more of something. Kikau will help but he will be under done and they will just run at him so he can't do something. Him off the bench just roaming even is something.

Here's hoping..Kikau and Blake together is about the only attack we can rely on constantly but Blake has 7 errors himself so even he is a shadow of himself