What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Knights

Frank Facer

First Grade
Even on one leg, Brett Morris is still in the top echelon of wingers playing in the NRL today.

If he was on that alleged 500k per season, he's worth it.
No, Morris wasn't worth 500K plus a season on the 2014 salary cap.

I do agree that Morris is still in the top echelon of wingers, but 500K is still probably too much to be paying a winger on the current salary cap. I doubt that Vunivalu or Carr would be on anything close to 500K a season.

Drag Queen

Bench
No, Morris wasn't worth 500K plus a season on the 2014 salary cap.

I do agree that Morris is still in the top echelon of wingers, but 500K is still probably too much to be paying a winger on the current salary cap. I doubt that Vunivalu or Carr would be on anything close to 500K a season.
Worth every cent. I'd have him back in a nanosecond.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Right. We don't need wingers? You're 100% sure on that?
Comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. lol

You are trying to twist what I said to suit your agenda, again. lol

Games are won in the middle. Most good League judges will agree with me. It is great to have good wingers, but they need the forwards to get on top and then the halves to create.

I bet that you can not quote me saying that we don't need good wingers. lol We are playing well, not because we have got great wingers and centres, but because our forwards are dominating the middle and our halves and fullback are capitalising on that. I still think we can do a lot better than Aitken, Lafai and Nightingale.

You can quote me saying that I wouldn't be paying Brett Morris 500K a season this year, but he is better than Nightingale.

Drag Queen

Bench
Comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. lol

You are trying to twist what I said to suit your agenda, again. lol

Games are won in the middle. Most good League judges will agree with me. It is great to have good wingers, but they need the forwards to get on top and then the halves to create.

I bet that you can not quote me saying that we don't need good wingers. lol We are playing well, not because we have got great wingers and centres, but because our forwards are dominating the middle and our halves and fullback are capitalising on that. I still think we can do a lot better than Aitken, Lafai and Nightingale.

You can quote me saying that I wouldn't be paying Brett Morris 500K a season this year, but he is better than Nightingale.
Please don't use your (lol) point again. You're obviously a teen trying to be a grown up. It's not working.

giboz71

First Grade
I agree the Dogs are crap but both the Morriss twins are playing well. Losing Brett was a huge loss. My opinion only.

Agreed. I’d still have him back if we could pay him Nightys salary.

But he moved to the Dogs chasing fullback cash (around 500-600k wasn’t it?) then they realised like us that he didn’t have the skills to play fullback.

So he ended up being the worlds most expensive winger which pretty much screwed the Dogs cap for years.

Great for us as we ended up getting James Graham who’s been great for us.

Shit like that can happen when you mismanage your cap and overpay for players (especially wingers).

Your best players can play for a hated rival while you pay for the privilege.

Drag Queen

Bench
Agreed. I’d still have him back if we could pay him Nightys salary.

But he moved to the Dogs chasing fullback cash (around 500-600k wasn’t it?) then they realised like us that he didn’t have the skills to play fullback.

So he ended up being the worlds most expensive winger which pretty much screwed the Dogs cap for years.

Great for us as we ended up getting James Graham who’s been great for us.

Shit like that can happen when you mismanage your cap and overpay for players (especially wingers).

Your best players can play for a hated rival while you pay for the privilege.
I understand your point of view but I'm a bit tired of all the BS directed at ex-players. Brett Morris was, and still is, a phenomenal winger. Handy fullback too. For me it's a point of paying a player what they are worth to the club, regardless of position. BMoz put points on the board every time he stepped out for us. Tough player. Miss watching him in the Red V and even though it was a messy game a couple of days ago, he and his brother were the standout players for their team.