What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 (2009) EELS v WARRIORS

rayroxon

Juniors
I look at waiting for ref decisions as a bizarre game of chicken where you don't want to ask before the other team does.

Titanic

First Grade
I look at waiting for ref decisions as a bizarre game of chicken where you don't want to ask before the other team does.

Or that time traveller feeling of landing in a parallel dimension where everything looks the same but it doesn't feel quite right. Where any post could suddenly be misinterpreted, breaking some long-forgotten cultural taboo and you find yourself arse deep in crocodiles.

rayroxon

Juniors
Ha.

Better not say that too loudly in case teh roflcopters come after you.

That doesn't really make sense does it?

Pistol

Coach
marks coming within the hour

just got back from Forster and its been hell trying to get onto the internet there. So I will upload the marks soon.

Pistol

Coach
Parra

phantomeel with He’s Just Not That Into = 85

An interesting perspective into how one looks at Origin

Goleel with Outside the Box = 86

A tad outside the ordinary. Worked well even if some of the ideas were extreme.

Bartman with 33% Bigger? = 86

Another perspective into a possible expansion on State of Origin. This one however has merit.

Parramatta Power with Guilty by Association = 88

I really liked this piece. It built to something that is an issue relevant in the modern times.

Warriors

Antonius with The Other Side = 89

Sometimes a powerful article doesn’t require big fancy words. Just a message. The writer certainly made it clear and brought the message across

Suttsberger with State of Reminiscence = 88

A good article about Origin and its mentality.

Rayroxon with Cash In = 82

I understood the article, just found it extremely hard to get into. Lack of zest.

Kid Dynamite with Kid Dynamites = 83

As above, it had a decent foundation, just the end result didn’t match the blueprint.

Jesbass with Laws Of The Game = 85

Okay………. Slightly surreal. Well intentioned idea.
(FYI, The oath given in the Federal Court of Australia for a standing witness is 1 of 2 options

“I SWEAR** BY ALMIGHTY GOD*** THAT THE EVIDENCE I SHALL GIVE WILL BE THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH”

or the Affirmation
“I SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE AND AFFIRM THAT THE EVIDENCE I SHALL GIVE WILL BE THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.”

Warriors defeat the Eels
427-345

POTM Antonius

Jesbass

First Grade
Jesbass with Laws Of The Game = 85

Okay………. Slightly surreal. Well intentioned idea.
(FYI, The oath given in the Federal Court of Australia for a standing witness is 1 of 2 options

“I SWEAR** BY ALMIGHTY GOD*** THAT THE EVIDENCE I SHALL GIVE WILL BE THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH”

or the Affirmation
“I SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE AND AFFIRM THAT THE EVIDENCE I SHALL GIVE WILL BE THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.”

Thanks, Pistol. I couldn't find any Aussie oaths, so I went with the American one, and omitted the God reference as I felt it could be tempting to adjust to something like Gallop, and there was no way that I was comfortable in doing that.

Fortunately, the Chiefs got thrashed, the (non) Super 14 is over, and league has returned to being the regular football code on the box in most homes. :thumn

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Cheers for the marking Pistol.

Congrats Warriors, commisserations Eels. The inaugural Tookey Trophy heads over the Pacific...

Jesbass

First Grade
Cheers for the marking Pistol.

Congrats Warriors, commisserations Eels. The inaugural Tookey Trophy heads over the Pacific...

Actually, we won it last year, but it's fair to say that we brought it over for the match, so you're not entirely wrong... ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Oops, must have forgotten about last year... or maybe it's inaugural until we actually win it once :lol:

Jesbass

First Grade
Captain's Knock:

It's great to have the final marks in, just in time to watch the State Of Origin spectacular. :thumn

To the Eels, hard luck on not getting all 5 in. If a lesson is worth learning, (and I'm not convinced that it is), a fifth article may well have been the winning play. Good luck for the rest of the season, fellow Wheels. If you get all of your articles in over the last four matches, and maybe even win a couple of those matches, you'll still be in the running for a finals spot. :thumn

To the referee, thanks for the marking, especially after "Forstergate". Thank you also for the feedback - it's always gratefully received. :)

To the Warriors, well done on the win, but we were against the ropes up until the end. A special congratulations to antonius, making a triumphant return to digital first grade after a few years out of the game. 5 from 5, team - onwards and upwards! :clap:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oops, must have forgotten about last year... or maybe it's inaugural until we actually win it once :lol:
You're not the only one. OK, perhaps I'm missing something, but if there is a special trophy for the match, would you like it be added to the F7s website (in draw and history)?

bartman

Immortal
...if you'd be so kind, Willow?

Obvious Jes (not myself atm) is the one who can fill you in best on the trophy's history ;-)

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - antonius (Warriors) :clap:
2 points - Suttsburger (Warriors) & Parramatta Power (Eels) :thumn
1 point - bartman (Eels) & Goleel (Eels) :mrgreen:

Jesbass

First Grade
You're not the only one. OK, perhaps I'm missing something, but if there is a special trophy for the match, would you like it be added to the F7s website (in draw and history)?

Ha...missed this somehow.

Willow, t'would be a pleasure.

The Tookey Trophy is contested between the Eels and the Warriors in honour of that biggest of big men, Mark Tookey, who played for both clubs. The challenge started in 2008, and the Warriors boast a 2-0 record thus far.

The only other one the club shares, (apart from the Brownie Cup with them mighty Newtown folk), is the Whiz-Alexander Cup, shared with the Panthers. This was also started in 2008, and the Warriors have a 2-0 record with that one, too.

Thanks, Willow! :thumn

Latest posts