What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 V Storm

This is the place.

Will be a tough game down in Melbourne a good test for us. After last week's 1st half Bellamy will have them fired up, howver I think we have a good chance.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Both teams equal Prem favorites for a reason..

We SHOULD be in this one, but have always struggled down there. Fingers are crossed and this game could set the platform for the rest of the year..

If we win down there it could really kick start our year. Similar in 2003 when we knocked off both the 2002 grand finalists in the Roosters and Warriors early in the year.
A big scalp will mean a lot so early in the year.

betcats

Referee
Its a 12 year hoodoo down there or something. Melbourne were poor against the tigers, they wont be against us. Munster, Harris and the winger being out helps, hopefully Mclean is as well.

ACTPanthers

Bench
We'll have to be mentally prepared as well as physically for this one - The way the Storm slow down the play-the-ball will have our boys frustrated which could cause a brain snap here and there - We can't let them get under our skin and just play our style of footy

I honestly think we'll keep it close and take the win, but it'll be a tough battle for sure

Frankus

Juniors
I was at the game in 2005 the last time we beat them down there. It was a cold Saturday night, a dismal crowd, we had a miserable record under Shayne Hayne but were still a mathematical chance of the 8. I think we were down by a try or 2 at halftime, Melbourne should have been up by alot more than that from memory.

Then there was an omen - during the halftime show the Storm mascot fell off his scooter roaring down the running track right in front on the main grand stand, suffering a severely damaged ego and within minutes of the restart the ref wrongly called back a certain a storm try for a forward pass.

Preston then tore them to ribbons and sealed the win, showing some toe in a footrace against Slater, going the length of the field.

Our 2005 side was a shower of shit compared to our team today. Lets f**king have 'em.

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin names his 21-man squad to face Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park on Saturday. Bryce Cartwright spends another week on the sideline with injury, meaning last week's debutant Corey Harawira-Naera retains his starting spot. The Panthers will wear their 2017 Away Jersey against the Storm.

Panthers v Melbourne Storm
7.30pm Saturday @ AAMI Park

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Dean WHARE
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Te Maire MARTIN
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Peta HIKU
15. Leilani LATU
16. Viliame KIKAU
17. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
18. Moses LEOTA
19. Tim BROWNE
20. Sione KATOA
21. James FISHER-HARRIS
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/03/28/nrl_teamlist_round_5.af_news.html

Panthers ISP coach Garth Brennan names his side to face Canterbury Bulldogs at St Marys Leagues Stadium on Saturday.

ISP Panthers v ISP Bulldogs
6pm Saturday @ St Marys Leagues Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Michael OLDFIELD
4. Lachlan STEIN
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Darren NICHOLLS
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Kaide ELLIS
9. Mitch REIN
10. Paea PUA
11. Tyrone MAY
12. Jed CARTWRIGHT
13. Sione KATOA

14. Samisoni LANGI
15. Oliver CLARK
16. Corey WADDELL
17. Jack HETHERINGTON
18. Liam COLEMAN
19. Nick LUI-TOSO

Panthers NYC coach David Tangata-Toa names his side to face Melbourne Storm at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Saturday.

NYC Panthers v NYC Storm
3.45pm Saturday @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Brian TOO
3. Richie MUNCHOW
4. Mose FEILO
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Sam MARTIN-SAVAGE
7. Dean BLORE
8. Carl WINTERSTEIN
9. Wayde EGAN (c)
10. Stefano HALA
11. Reed IZZARD
12. Vondel WILLIAMS-LIOLEVAVE
13. Liam MARTIN

14. Mitch KENNY
15. Tevita MAPAPALANGI
16. Jake BRENNAN
17. Mitch REVELL
18. Tom SKINNER
19. Billy BURNS
20. Meni LUKE
21. James CONROY
22. Siailaoa FAAFUA
23. Kyle SMITH

betcats

Referee
I think there's a decent chance Fish takes Corey's spot. Just a feeling I have. Why are we still naming Whare on the wing? He's obviously gonna play left centre like he has the last 3 weeks.

soc123_au

Staff member
This week will tell us a lot about where the team stands in their development. I think we can win, and win comfortably. Whether we will remains to be seen though.

TeamSatan

Juniors
I was at the game in 2005 the last time we beat them down there. It was a cold Saturday night, a dismal crowd, we had a miserable record under Shayne Hayne but were still a mathematical chance of the 8. I think we were down by a try or 2 at halftime, Melbourne should have been up by alot more than that from memory.

Then there was an omen - during the halftime show the Storm mascot fell off his scooter roaring down the running track right in front on the main grand stand, suffering a severely damaged ego and within minutes of the restart the ref wrongly called back a certain a storm try for a forward pass.

Preston then tore them to ribbons and sealed the win, showing some toe in a footrace against Slater, going the length of the field.

Our 2005 side was a shower of shit compared to our team today. Lets f**king have 'em.

Hey I was at that game as well.
Cold rainy shithole.
Rooney scored a couple i think.
Billy Slaters 21st as well.

This week we need to have fast play the balls. If we fall into the trap of rumbling in having two guys hold then one low as they twist we will be to slow.
The ref will give us nothing.
If tackled hit ground fast and play it fast.
Tigers did it for a while and it worked.

Storm are vulnerable to a inside straight runner in the centres.

Play fast kick deep chase hard no penalties or dropped ball.
Maybe we can win down there.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
We have only won 7 games against the Storm from 31 meetings.

We have never won at AAMI stadium.

But I still have a good feeling about this game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wish I had the confidence you guys have. We have only won once in our last 17 encounters. A 2 point gutsy win at home a few games into Moylans career.

Otherwise they tend to smash us. Beating us by 13+ 10 times in that period and cracking 40 on 5 occassions. They are the one team where both our form doesn't matter. If we win this game it would be a great sign for our premiership chances. If we lost... i'll just put it down to the hoodoo.

Latest posts