What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Souths

getsmarty

Immortal
dragons_matchday_round5_newsimage.jpg

GAME DAY

Game Day Information: Round 5
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 2 Apr 2018, 09:33 AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will play the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Friday, April 6 in what will be Jason Nightingale's 250th NRL game.

Gates open: 6.45pm
NRL kick-off: 7.50pm

Broadcast: Channel 9 and Fox League

Match day sponsor: Pauls Customs & Forwarding Solutions

• Traditional Rivals at a traditional venue – first time playing at Kogarah since 2012
  • Kids free with a pre-purchase family pass of only $50
  • Celebrate Jason Nightingale's 250th NRL game
  • Tickets at Ticketek
  • Red V Membership provides you the best value tickets every time, visit www.marchwithus.com.au
RED V MEMBERSHIP

Member access

The following Red V Memberships include entry to the match:

• Platinum
  • Full season
  • Heartland
  • Kogarah upgrade
  • Kogarah pass
  • Five-game flexi*
  • Three-game flexi*
The following Red V Memberships do not include entry to the match:

• Wollongong upgrade
  • Wollongong pass
  • Dragons faithful
  • Junior Dragon
  • Toddler Dragon
  • Baby Dragon
*If you are a bronze three or five-game flexi member and will be attending this game, please register your attendance by Wednesday, April 4 so we can save you a seat.

Red V Member ticket sales

Red V Members wishing to buy tickets/additional tickets can access a member discount on pre-purchased tickets. Please check your Red V emails for the code to access the discount. The discount expires 11:59pm, April 5, 2018 and is not valid at the gate on game day.

Click here to purchase tickets

Red V Member upgrades at the game:

Members are able to upgrade their tickets at the game by visiting any of the Ticketek box offices at the ground on game day and presenting their membership card or ticket with Red V sticker on it. Prices below are per ticket:

Silver to gold

$10

Bronze to silver

$10

Bronze to gold

$20

GA to bronze

$10

GA to silver

$20

GA to gold

$30

Haven't received your 2018 membership card?

Red V Members who have purchased membership with game entitlements on or after March 26 will be automatically emailed an ezyticket to print for entry to the match.

If you do not have access to email and printer, please contact the Red V Membership team on 1300 DRAGON to arrange a mobile or paper ticket.

Red V Members who purchased prior to March 26 should receive their membership packs and cards in the post prior to the game.

However if they haven’t arrived, please contact the Red V Membership team on 1300 DRAGON or redv@dragons.com.au to arrange an ezyticket or mobile ticket for entry to this match.

Alternatively you can visit the Red V Membership ticket window at Gate D, from 6:15pm on game day and be issued with a paper ticket.

Red V Member enquiries on game day

Should you have a membership enquiry on game day, please see membership staff at one of the following locations:

• Red V tent outside Gate A: 6:15pm-8:10pm
  • Red V service desk inside Gate D: 6:45pm-full-time
  • Red V Membership ticket window Gate D: 6:15pm-15 minutes after kick-off
Red V Member discounts on game day

• Show your member card at Dragons merchandise outlets to receive your relevant member discount
  • Receive up to a five per cent discount at selected food and beverage outlets upon presentation of their membership card. Discount excludes carts and outside vendors.
Platinum and premium members

Collect your Big League magazine with your collection voucher at the Red V membership tent outside Gate A or on the southern hill.

OTHER INFORMATION

Doubles

Winning doubles monies can be collected underneath the scoreboard up to 20 minutes post-match.

Bringing a banner?

If you are bringing a large flag or banner to the game, please email redv@dragons.com.au. This will register your banner or flag for the 2018 season and help you avoid unnecessary delays at the entry gates.

TICKETS

Available from Ticketek. Pre-purchase your tickets and save: buy online at www.ticketek.com.au, call 132 849 or visit a Ticketek outlet.

Please only purchase tickets to Dragons games at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah through Ticketek. Tickets purchased through non-official vendors, platforms or individuals cannot be authenticated, exchanged or refunded by the Dragons or Ticketek.

Note that tickets will not be available to purchase from the Dragons team store on game day, but can be purchased at Gates C or D box offices at Jubilee Oval from 6:30pm.

MERCHANDISE

Shop and huts

Open

Close

Dragons team store

Leagues Club

10am

8pm

Merch van

Gate A

5:30pm

15-minutes post-match

Merch hut

Gate B

6:45pm

15-minutes post-match

Merch hut

Hill

6:45pm

15-minutes post-match

SPECIAL OFFERS/PROMOS

Red V Members can redeem their 2018 member draw magnet by visiting a Dragons merchandise outlet at the game or the Dragons team store. Simply present the voucher found on your welcome letter to receive your magnet!

DRAGONS WEARING

Home jersey

AWAY TEAM MERCH

TBC

TRANSPORT INFORMATION

Shuttle buses

A free courtesy bus will operate for all regular season matches played at Jubilee Oval.

The bus will pick up from the following car parks and drop off outside Gate A on Jubilee Avenue:

- Kogarah Station (Station Street)

- Kogarah Station (Railway Parade)

- Kogarah Town Square (Derby Street)

- Carlton Train Station (Railway Parade)

For Round 5, the bus will commence at 6:30pm and run until NRL kick-off at a frequency of approximately every 15 minutes.

At the conclusion of the game the bus makes one run to Kogarah Station only.

Own transport and parking:

Most streets within the Kogarah CBD have enforceable time restricted parking.

There are four parking stations within easy walking distance to Kogarah Station (where our shuttle bus starts).

Fees are involved in the first three parking stations. They are located at:

- Kogarah Town Square (entry via Derby Street)

- Kogarah Town Centre (entry via ramp from Railway Pde)

- Hospital Car Park (entry via South Street)

- Rail commuter car park (entry via Station Street)

If you require accessible parking at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah you must hold a mobility parking scheme sticker to qualify.

Please contact the club no later than close of business Tuesday, April 3 to book an accessible parking space for Round 5.

Please note that we have limited disabled parking at Jubilee Oval and that disabled parking will be allocated on a first in best dressed situation.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/04/02/game-day-information-round-5/

National Rugby League

SBD82

Coach
Love to be at this game. I think it’ll be a tough match, not many points in it, but not sure on the winner.

Good luck and here’s hoping for an injury free game to both sides
It's hard to not get ahead of ourselves after a 4-0 start to the season, but hopefully our side has learned from the last couple of season fades.

Cook around the ruck is a big danger for us, but he needs quick play the balls from his forwards so that he can do his thing. If both packs play to their potential I think we should come out on top.

Going to be very interesting though. I think the rabbits will try to find a way through our middle, not go the edges like the knights. Our big blokes have been working hard to cover the inside ball, hopefully they keep it up.

Dragons by 14.

Gareth67

First Grade
One very tough game this one , should Sam Burgess get off at the judiciary , then he will ensure that the rabbits pack are fired up .
There forwards are as mobile as our own and can also hit hard in defence , may very well be the survival of the fittest.
However , I feel that we do have the edge in the halves and if we can score some early points , then the Dragons defence will hopefully keep them at bay .

Last edited:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
This game will be a test for our backs, particularly our centres marking up against Gagai and Inglis. Plenty of strike out wide alongside those guys too (Crichton, Johnston etc).

Whether Sam Burgess plays or not, we'll need to be up for a physical battle in the middle of the park. Personally, I hope Sam does get off the charge, it will be good to beat Souths at full strength.

Drag Queen

Bench
One very tough game this one , should Sam Burgess get off at the judiciary , then he will ensure that the rabbits pack are fired up .
There forwards are as mobile as our own and can also hit hard in defence , may very well be the survival of the fittest.
However , I feel that we do have the edge in the halves and if we can score some early points , then the Dragons defence will hopefully keep them at bay .
Yep. I hope Sam is clear to play. Can't see the Rabbits getting up without him tbh. Respect.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yep. I hope Sam is clear to play. Can't see the Rabbits getting up without him tbh. Respect.

Sorry DQ,
I hope Sam gets a 12 month ban,
the team bus gets stuck in traffic
and we get the two points just for showing up!
.......well alright then, l prepared to play a friendly against their reserve team providing we have a tail wind behind us for both halves.
Can’t trust those Easter bunnies.

getsmarty

Immortal
This game will be a test for our backs, particularly our centres marking up against Gagai and Inglis. Plenty of strike out wide alongside those guys too (Crichton, Johnston etc).

Whether Sam Burgess plays or not, we'll need to be up for a physical battle in the middle of the park. Personally, I hope Sam does get off the charge, it will be good to beat Souths at full strength.

Agree...the speed in their back line will test us if they create space.

Gareth67

First Grade

Sorry buddy the bloke has a lot to answer for and the least of it is because he is English :wink:. There is no need for some of the back street hits that man has in his kit bag , no need whatsoever . If it's good enough to get the Melbourne king of cheats off the field , then its good enough to give Sam a well deserved holiday .

Drag Queen

Bench
Sorry buddy the bloke has a lot to answer for and the least of it is because he is English :wink:. There is no need for some of the back street hits that man has in his kit bag , no need whatsoever . If it's good enough to get the Melbourne king of cheats off the field , then its good enough to give Sam a well deserved holiday .
Fair point but he's far from the dirtiest player out there. I like watching him play. And nope I'm not a traitor.

Gareth67

First Grade
Fair point but he's far from the dirtiest player out there. I like watching him play. And nope I'm not a traitor.

Agree Drag Queen , there are plenty of others around who can also lay claim to that title. But not to worry , as I am sure that our own red haired British Bulldog will be able to tame him , just as he did back in the 2014 G.F.

mickeylane

Bench
This Dragons team smells blood - Souths without Burgess will cop 40+ guaranteed!

It’s going to take a very good team to stop us and I really think the team that will challenge us will be the Warriors!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This Dragons team smells blood - Souths without Burgess will cop 40+ guaranteed!

It’s going to take a very good team to stop us and I really think the team that will challenge us will be the Warriors!

MickyL ...... if our attitude is good, we will continue to turn up and get favourable results regardless of who we play.

When the attitude drops off, we’ll lose to the fodder. This is where McGregor comes in. He needs to be able to manage the mindset.

Gareth67

First Grade

Dont go saying 'orrible things like the that mickylane , your sure to put the hex on the boys . Now delete the zero plus the guaranteed and we may well be in business .

mickeylane

Bench
Dont go saying 'orrible things like the that mickylane , your sure to put the hex on the boys . Now delete the zero plus the guaranteed and we may well be in business .
Not putting hex on the boys but I feel very sure of the fact that we will be putting the teams we should be putting away when we have to ...ie: SOUTHS, Bulldogs, Raiders, Manly.. I'm worried about the Warriors as they play a similar game to ours and have very big forwards and in form halves.. We are a very good team that will take a hell of a lot injuries to derail our momentum..

Gareth67

First Grade
Not putting hex on the boys but I feel very sure of the fact that we will be putting the teams we should be putting away when we have to ...ie: SOUTHS, Bulldogs, Raiders, Manly.. I'm worried about the Warriors as they play a similar game to ours and have very big forwards and in form halves.. We are a very good team that will take a hell of a lot injuries to derail our momentum..

mickylane it would be speak volumes if the Dragons can do that - put the teams away that they should - as that has always been our Achilles heel over the last few years .

We beat the tall poppies and fall to the lesser lights , however it good to see the positive posts , not only from yourself but from others Red&Whites that have been appearing on the forum this season .

Crush

Coach
Mickey, I am nervous. I think we could possibly lose our next 4 in a row.
Souths with A. Reynolds back. Sharks will be out for revenge. Warriors will be very tough then Roosters on Anzac day.
We are playing well but all it will take is one loss to swing the momentum. It will swing at some stage.
Hate to be negative but careful not to get ahead of ourselves.

Latest posts